test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Spend 6 million AD on perfect vorpal or not? (GWF)

skyvalker64skyvalker64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
edited September 2014 in PvE Discussion
I am playing a GWF, and currently possess the T1 berserker set (plan to grind the hell out of T2 and get Avatar of War next). I converted some zen to AD over a period of time and I have around 7 mill saved up. I have an Ioun stone (fully geared with rank 7s and epic gear) and a max speed mount.

My question being, should I invest the AD in a perfect vorpal/lightning or are there better things to be saving them for in the near future?
Post edited by skyvalker64 on

Comments

• burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    perfect vorpal is really good investment for pve
    Paladin Master Race
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It really depends on what else you have - could you post a picture of your character's stats and companions?

Now a weapon enchant can be a huge contribution to your personal and group defense, Personally I have a Vorpal on my GWF, but a Plaguefire or even Terror can be a good investment.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I am playing a GWF, and currently possess the T1 berserker set (plan to grind the hell out of T2 and get Avatar of War next). I converted some zen to AD over a period of time and I have around 7 mill saved up. I have an Ioun stone (fully geared with rank 7s and epic gear) and a max speed mount.

My question being, should I invest the AD in a perfect vorpal/lightning or are there better things to be saving them for in the near future?

Hey, ignore the comments about the Holy Avenger also forget the Lightning one, isn't good for us. If you want good results without a huge investment Greater Plague Fire is a very good option and you will also boost the party overall DPS, however, your final enchantment would be Perfect Vorpal. You can take a look to my guide in my signature if you want to maximize your DPS with the vorpal.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I use Bronzewood on my GWF, had no complaints so far.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    tinead51 wrote: »
    I use Bronzewood on my GWF, had no complaints so far.

Bronzewood is surprisingly good in terms of value per money for personal DPS. However, it has no group benefit like Plaguefire and Terror, and for Personal DPS Vorpal is considerably superior once you get decent critical chance.

Of course you will pay (a lot) for this additional damage increase.
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Hey, ignore the comments about the Holy Avenger also forget the Lightning one, isn't good for us. If you want good results without a huge investment Greater Plague Fire is a very good option and you will also boost the party overall DPS, however, your final enchantment would be Perfect Vorpal. You can take a look to my guide in my signature if you want to maximize your DPS with the vorpal.

Listen to this guy, he knows GWF well and he's right, GPF is almost as good as the vorp build but farrr cheaper. (as long as you are a destroyer)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If you can afford a P Vorp, buy it. Then make sure to get your crit very high. GPF is very good, unless someone else in the group has one. With high enough crit chance, vorpal is always good. Let the DCs and CWs debuff. Let the GWFs kill.
  • skyvalker64skyvalker64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Hey, so I am primarily specing for PvE and I read through your guide, the entirety of it, including all the comments and your replies. What you say there makes sense. Currently I am speced as IV though. So I guess first I need to re-spec my character? Also, I think my initial roll had STR-CON-DEX instead of STR-DEX-CON. :( So I guess respec it is.
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Hey, so I am primarily specing for PvE and I read through your guide, the entirety of it, including all the comments and your replies. What you say there makes sense. Currently I am speced as IV though. So I guess first I need to re-spec my character? Also, I think my initial roll had STR-CON-DEX instead of STR-DEX-CON. :( So I guess respec it is.

Nah, IV is still meta, swordmasters can't take advantage of threatening rush which can easily be specced into a very considerable 1-3 target 15% damage buff (WMS not even close). As long as yer STR-DEX-CON are all 20 or more, I wouldn't be too worried if I wasn't PVPing. Most GWF are IV destroyer but SM destroyer are alright too, they just aren't as useful in certain situations (much like stormwarden VS pathfinder for HR, reasons to run SW are few and reasons to run path are many).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Bronzewood is surprisingly good in terms of value per money for personal DPS. However, it has no group benefit like Plaguefire and Terror, and for Personal DPS Vorpal is considerably superior once you get decent critical chance.

Of course you will pay (a lot) for this additional damage increase.

Not if another Group member uses one,in which case you'll only do the 7,5% + 2,5%/sec of fire damage for a Greater.You see Plague stacks don't stuck. So in some situations Bronzewood is better than Plague,especially when someone else is also using Plague.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
  • rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Not if another Group member uses one,in which case you'll only do the 7,5% + 2,5%/sec of fire damage for a Greater.You see Plague stacks don't stuck. So in some situations Bronzewood is better than Plague,especially when someone else is also using Plague.

Bronzewood doesn't increase you dailies damage and that's one of the reason they are way cheaper than PF and Vorpal.

OP, regarding your question 6M for a P. Vorpal is very, very cheap, considering you need 15 coal wards and 10 greater marks to make one (plus RP). I have no idea why they are being sold so cheap. Also, a P. Vorpal is the best weapon enhancement for a GWF.
  • vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    rlrobr wrote: »
    OP, regarding your question 6M for a P. Vorpal is very, very cheap, considering you need 15 coal wards and 10 greater marks to make one (plus RP). I have no idea why they are being sold so cheap. Also, a P. Vorpal is the best weapon enhancement for a GWF.

Well... some ppl have so many chars on there account that they have like 30~50 chests a week. Than your chance of getting a Coal Ward is pretty high. That's why so many Lesser Enchants currently are for half the price of a coal ward.

Personally I decided to play with 3 chars mainly and not 6 or 7 classes at same time (seeing the amount of AD sinks like Artifact gear and all the dailies, which get expanded each mod). So.. I removed all enchants of the classes I won't play currently and sold them, wouldn't suprise me that more people are doing it for example to be able to buy a Artifact Belt or just the RP to make it Legendary. Than the supply is higher than demand and prices go down.
    signature-lili.png
  • mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    perfect vorpal is really good investment for pve

...And pvp.
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.