requesting for a new guide for GF

detourrdetourr Member Posts: 17 Arc User
edited September 2014 in The Militia Barracks
as the title said... anyone?!
Post edited by detourr on

Comments

• cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I might make one tactician build as soon as i get the profound set I want. Need a week or so for it at the moment.
  • lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    detourr wrote: »

I made a really good PvE build last night that allowed me to duo Dwarf King with another GF. I was also able too out DPS the other GF who has a 16k GS compared to my 14k. But it's kind of on the expensive side xD!! You need a perfect vorpal for this build to work efficiently.
  • runtpgruntpg Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    perfect vorpal? isn't GF really hard for Crit....can explain a lil bit about your GF.
  • caexarcaexar Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have something in the works, just be patient.
    Threat level 60 Guardian Fighter
    Gloom level 60 Control Wizard
    Dusk level 60 Trickster Rogue
    Dawn level 60 Devoted Cleric
    Eclipse level 60 Hunter Ranger
    Wrath level 60 Great Weapon Fighter
    Jinx level 60 Scourge Warlock
  • krazypunk117krazypunk117 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I actually second this, I would love an updated guide for GFs, I want to focus more on PvP so hopefully someone can make a PvP guide or a guide that talks about both PvE and PvP.
  • epclipseingmoonepclipseingmoon Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    perfict vorpal on a gf, does that really work? specking for crit chance over power and armor pen? I would concider it if i had like 30% + crit chance but i would rather the other damageing ones like frost flame and holy. I prefer a sustaned dps over a ocasional huge crit. Unless you ment gwf then vorpal is a 100% must cause gwfs have a great crit chance.
    @dimensionallight
    Princess Amber - DC
    Shieldmaiden Amber - GF
    Valkyrie Amber - GWF
    Huntress Amber - HR
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    i thought this class got extinct 2 modules ago
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I got 21% crit and it was hard to maintain. I cannot see a GF having high enough crit for a Vorpal to be effective without gimping your primary stats!
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
    edited May 2014
    Mwuahaha, everyone is like "O.o!? Vorpal on a GF!"

Yes, Vorpal on a GF. Looks like I need to make a quick YouTube video for a PvE build lol.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yes, Vorpal on a GF. Looks like I need to make a quick YouTube video for a PvE build lol.

Yes please!
    I aim to misbehave
  • damanhur89damanhur89 Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    I used to run a Perfect Vorpal on my GF back few months ago, I had a 23% chance to crit, and it wonderfully worked :) Consider that your crit chance is applied to every single enemy, therefore when you use AoE powers like Enforced Threat (8 enemies cap), Frontline Surge (5 enemies cap), Lunging strike (no cap), and Terrifying Impact (no cap), you have 21%/23% chance to crit for each enemy. Vorpal is probably the best enchant for a pure DPS PVE GF. Together with 1K lifesteal, and fighter's recovery, you obtain a very good GF DPS who hardly dies because you are like a hungry vampire.
    edited May 2014
    damanhur89 wrote: »
    I used to run a Perfect Vorpal on my GF back few months ago, I had a 23% chance to crit, and it wonderfully worked :) Consider that your crit chance is applied to every single enemy, therefore when you use AoE powers like Enforced Threat (8 enemies cap), Frontline Surge (5 enemies cap), Lunging strike (no cap), and Terrifying Impact (no cap), you have 21%/23% chance to crit for each enemy. Vorpal is probably the best enchant for a pure DPS PVE GF. Together with 1K lifesteal, and fighter's recovery, you obtain a very good GF DPS who hardly dies because you are like a hungry vampire.

Exactly. My new build has night DPS with about 800 life steal + rampaging madness. The video is uploaded to YouTube, now I just need to type out a thread.
    edited May 2014
    I ran a similar build up until a couple of months ago, because my guild "Dark Illusion" was focused on PVE content. it was so much in PVE! XD My life was often going UP/down/UP in matter of few seconds, but I rarely used potions with it because I could cure HUGE amounts of HP by myself. At the same time, I was doing lot of damage, which means that I usually could end a dungeon with 1/2 damage points of CWs, and almost same damage of GWF sentinels. I will look at your video, because I miss the old good times of PVE content :)
  • overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014

Nope. Not at all. For some reason there seems like theres a resurgence of interest in this class. I have 2. A level 60 and a reroll. My main is an hr and to be honest I am not sure which I like playing the most. A well geared, well played GF is godly in pvp imo.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
  • overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Exactly. My new build has night DPS with about 800 life steal + rampaging madness. The video is uploaded to YouTube, now I just need to type out a thread.

I want to see the (civil) debate between you and facecontrol, both from opposite points of view, but both have great points. Your idea of using lifesteal (esp with sos) is clever as hell but is definitely outside the orthodox gf thinking.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
    edited May 2014
    overddrive wrote: »
    I want to see the (civil) debate between you and facecontrol, both from opposite points of view, but both have great points. Your idea of using lifesteal (esp with sos) is clever as hell but is definitely outside the orthodox gf thinking.

Is this facecontrol still playing? I saw many players posted about him saying he IS the best GF in this game, but I never saw him, and I never really saw his build. Using SoS and Lifesteal is a good idea for PVP, I often use it, too ;) and using Fighter's recovery and lifesteal in PVE is pretty good too. For this reason I want to thank DKCandy, who was one of the GFs who posted about the effectiveness of the combination of Vorpal, Lifesteal and Fighter's recovery.

Keep up the good job lvl99looter!
  • aaronlove83aaronlove83 Member Posts: 9
    edited September 2014

It doed for a while but the recent buffs ressurected the GF in force. Now they are a serious tank to be reckoned with and respectable for DPS/Control and party buffs.
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I have been thinking of making a gf guide for pve and pvp for some time now but just never got round to it. I might do sometime in the future, i just need to think of everything to add.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    I have been thinking of making a gf guide for pve and pvp for some time now but just never got round to it. I might do sometime in the future, i just need to think of everything to add.

Same here, but I don't know how I'd feel if every GF I ran into was a bad***, and wrecking me xD!!
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Same here, but I don't know how I'd feel if every GF I ran into was a bad***, and wrecking me xD!!

Lol I thought of that, but then its more of a challenge to try to stay a head :D

Anyway guys I posted my build with some tips too, I hope you like it.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?765491-Crixus-guardian-fighter-build-%28guide%29
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • azrael778azrael778 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    detourr wrote: »

Ive reached end game already so might as well share my build. I'll post it tomorrow hope it helps you