Options

Simple CW solution

lenvondarianlenvondarian Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited September 2014 in The Library
I think it could be very simple:

Orb of Imposition:
10% more control each point. (30%max)

Arcane Presence:
10% more dmg for arcane spells and 3% more control power arcane spells, each point (30% and 9%max)

Chilling Presence:
10% more dmg Ice spells and 3% more control power Ice spells each point (30% and 9%max)

Evocation:
10% dmg for area spells each point(30% max)

Storm Fury / Combustive Action:
15% more dmg at will/encounter/daily(StormSpell Mage paragon or Master of Flame paragon) each point (45%max)

Storm Spell:
Storm armor: when u were hit u have 2% chance to hit back 10% of the dmg u received, and 1% deflection each point (6%chance hit back 30% dmg received and 3% deflection max)

Critical Conflagration:
Fire armor: When u were hit u have 5% chance to apply smouder, and 1% deflection (15% chance to apply smouder and 3% deflection max)

Eye of Storm:
U gain a bonus of 10% your critical chance value each point (30% max, example: if u have 34% critical chance, u ll get 44.2% critical chance )

It could go on in the feats table, but like i sad, it should be simple, so lets see the last feat of each tree.

Shatter Strike:
50% more control, -15% less dmg at will/encounter/daily.

Assailing Force:
30% more dmg, but all dmg that u do (at will/encounter/daily) will be DoT of 6 secs (example: 100 dmg will be 16.6 dmg each sec for 6 sec, example2: 20k Ice knife ll be 3.33k each sec for 6 sec. Thaum ll get more dmg, but ll have to think how to do it)

Chaos Magic:
All your dmg that u do ll be burst dmg (example RoE 6 stacks of 1.2k ll be now 7.2k burst, example 2 Opressive force in the start for the animation 18k dmg, if u think in life steal, it ll be very fun to play)

Sorry English is not my mother language. But its just a example how could be done to cw´s have 3 referents trees. And with only 2 passives, imho it ll be hard to choose. u could change the values too, its just a way...
Post edited by lenvondarian on

Comments

• Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    How about we fix GFs and HRs first before CW?

Right now, CW can't even compete with them at the top level. Fix those 2 classes first and we can pin-point specific CW feats and specific numbers.
  • Options
    crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    its kinda annoying to see those suggestions
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I have put my responses to this in red.
    I think it could be very simple:

Orb of Imposition:
    10% more control each point. (30%max) Sounds good!

Arcane Presence:
    10% more dmg for arcane spells and 3% more control power arcane spells, each point (30% and 9%max) This could work quite well, although I worry about the effectiveness of it for Renegades should the tree ever get buffed. 30% additional damage for Magic Missile, combined with the Artifact weapon, Focused Wizardry and any other benefits in Renegade could make this a must slot and do ridiculous damage.

Chilling Presence:
    10% more dmg Ice spells and 3% more control power Ice spells each point (30% and 9%max) I feel like this should be more a feat selection for Oppresors

Evocation:
    10% dmg for area spells each point(30% max) Sounds like a drastic move. this essentially doubles the effect the feat already offers. And is compeltely counter productive to what the Devs were aiming to achieve with CWs in Pve this mod.

Storm Fury / Combustive Action:
    15% more dmg at will/encounter/daily(StormSpell Mage paragon or Master of Flame paragon) each point (45%max)Combining this with your proposed Arcane Presence / Chilling presence means we would have the potential for some ridiculous burst on At wills and encounters. Mind you, losing Eots for this would not necessarily be bad, but achieving a high crit chance and having these two slotted with focused wizardry would get a little too intense. Not to mention how Icy Rays would interact with all this. My Icy rays already averages around 25k on Crits (17k on average on Bis Players)

Storm Spell:
    Storm armor: when u were hit u have 2% chance to hit back 10% of the dmg u received, and 1% deflection each point (6%chance hit back 30% dmg received and 3% deflection max) Another skills proc chance. I would prefer to move away from these.

Critical Conflagration:
    Fire armor: When u were hit u have 5% chance to apply smouder, and 1% deflection (15% chance to apply smouder and 3% deflection max)See Storm Spell.

Eye of Storm:
    U gain a bonus of 10% your critical chance value each point (30% max, example: if u have 34% critical chance, u ll get 44.2% critical chance ) This sounds very interesting. I think there are many different ways Eye of the Storm could interact. This is a good suggestion, as it means we will still need to focus on crit to get the best out of this feature.

It could go on in the feats table, but like i sad, it should be simple, so lets see the last feat of each tree.

Shatter Strike:
    50% more control, -15% less dmg at will/encounter/daily.

Assailing Force:
    30% more dmg, but all dmg that u do (at will/encounter/daily) will be DoT of 6 secs (example: 100 dmg will be 16.6 dmg each sec for 6 sec, example2: 20k Ice knife ll be 3.33k each sec for 6 sec. Thaum ll get more dmg, but ll have to think how to do it) I don't like this. Sounds like something Warlocks should have in their fury tree. Thauma is just as much a Dps tree as Renegade, they should just be different flavours of the two. In my opinion Renegade always favoured those who preferred Arcane based abilities, while Thauma focused on Cold. I would like to see the Dps trees sit even with this in mind, rather than have skill procs doing the damage for me. Even if it is an exact replica of the damage I inflicted, just over 6 seconds. This would also be extremely rough for melee classes who rely on Kiting as well (Hrs / Trs) as the damage would already be inflicted, and essentially is doubled and received over 6 seconds, meaning they cannot dodge the second application.

Chaos Magic:
    All your dmg that u do ll be burst dmg (example RoE 6 stacks of 1.2k ll be now 7.2k burst, example 2 Opressive force in the start for the animation 18k dmg, if u think in life steal, it ll be very fun to play)I agree that Renegades need something, but doubling their damage alone sounds like too much.

Sorry English is not my mother language. But its just a example how could be done to cw´s have 3 referents trees. And with only 2 passives, imho it ll be hard to choose. u could change the values too, its just a way...
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Solution for what? To buff or to nerf CW? It doesn't seem to be the former.
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I like the simplicity but I think simple stuff can be implemented with a little more diversity.

I like how your suggestions seems to focus on how each player want to play though. (if you want arcane powers you would use arcane presence, if you like cold powers you would use chilling presence, etc.)
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The simple fix is to undo everything they did for mod 4.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    aulduron wrote: »
    The simple fix is to undo everything they did for mod 4.

No, the better fix is to undo everything they did for mod 3
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I don't understand this strange language you speak. Is it elvish, or are your suggestions just that strange?
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This is about as far from a "simple solution" as you can get.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    No thanks, cry your pvp tears elsewhere
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If you did this to Critical Conflaguration, MoF becomes woefully useless and obsolete.

Don't whine so much, plz. Just play and enjoy. Maybe the other team was simply better.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    chemboy613 wrote: »
    Don't whine so much, plz. Just play and enjoy. Maybe the other team was simply better.

GF is more troll in PVP now anyways. Plus a BIS HR or a GWF will be able to kill a BIS CW.

Your team was either full of clerics or the other team was simply better