test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Soft Caps!

mallaphaarmallaphaar Member Posts: 17 Arc User
edited September 2014 in PvE Discussion
I was wondering if anyone had a range of what each stats soft cap(diminishing return?)

I know the general range for Armor Pen but the rest I am unsure of! I just need a general idea so I can best tweak my enchants and armor choices!

Also if anyone knows the best stat priority for SW(fury and Temptation) I'd love to hear your thoughts on it!
Post edited by mallaphaar on

Comments

• Options
    whoamireallywhoamireally Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    See this link:
    https://www.desmos.com/calculator/3dqpvhuavj

It is a graphical representation on the return on investment of all the stats.

Normally people say about 1100 lifesteal and 2700 crit for the caps on those, but a lot of the warlocks I know overstack both those skills.

I can see overstacking crit if you are running a vorpal. Otherwise, I would just take it to around 2700.
  • Options
    originalmadscot1originalmadscot1 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Who, any chance of teaching me HTF to use that sight, my head started to hurt as soon as I opened it!

Cheers
  • Options
    originalmadscot1originalmadscot1 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2014
  • Options
    mallaphaarmallaphaar Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Thanks Yea I saw the chart and I'm just not that gifted mentally to comprehend that fully!
  • Options
    atraleosatraleos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    First off, turn off the curves you aren't interested in so they aren't distracting. You said you are interested in Armor Pen, on the left you can see it is the black curve (rows # 5 & 6). Clicking all the other colored bubbles will turn them off.

If you click on the curve you can see what %boost you get with x stat points. The axes aren't labeled, but the one in the thousands should obviously be the stats you put in, and the number in the tens should be the percentage gain from it. For example, 3000 points gives ~26% resist ignored. You can click and drag to look at multiple "sample values."

As for understanding the softcaps. You know a softcap is where putting more points into the stat gives diminished returns on the % effect gained. When the stat is plotted on a graph like this, that is visualized by where the curve becomes more horizontal than vertical. As you've no doubt noticed, there is no point where it suddenly flat lines (that would be a hardcap). Because of this, what you consider a softcap is going to be somewhat subjective and heavily based on your goals and what gear you have available.

I say "somewhat subjective" because technically you could calculate out how to maximize the gains from every stat, but such a calculation would be time consuming and would likely give a number set you cannot achieve with the gear available for your class. Not to mention, some classes and builds value certain stats more than others. IE: GFs don't tend to care about crit. Warlocks tend to like life steal more than any other class, but other classes still want some life steal. I could go on with other examples but you probably get the point.
  • Options
    doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    See this link:
    https://www.desmos.com/calculator/3dqpvhuavj

It is a graphical representation on the return on investment of all the stats.

Normally people say about 1100 lifesteal and 2700 crit for the caps on those, but a lot of the warlocks I know overstack both those skills.

I can see overstacking crit if you are running a vorpal. Otherwise, I would just take it to around 2700.

think my crit was around 3k and that gave me right at 30% crit chance which is what I wanted ... I don't consider that over stacking and I crit often (making up for the slight nerf of eye of the storm). i happen to have around 2k AP ... works for me ... there are things that really aren't worth stacking up on some classes ... like defense and deflect. on my cw anything more than 2200 def isn't all that helpful make that much difference and deflect is slow low its almost a waste of gear when it has it on it, but others its great and it should go up in the 2k region.

the only power that seems be universally helpful over stacking is of course power. life steal and regent are good at 1200 - 1300 i think which should give around 10% return on health anything more and your increase is so minmal its a waste. at around 1600 regen you can like 3% extra health most classes this is not really all that helpful where 300 - 400 points in other stats gives more return.