test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Low level gear needs a enchantment nerf

shhbaconshhbacon Member Posts: 100 Arc User
edited September 2014 in PvE Discussion
Low level pvp used to be a ton of fun, but now it seems to be out of control.
Its like having lvl60 pvp in low levels. People killing in 1 or 2 hits, people just wont die.
Low lvl gear should have a enchant nerf, like max lvl 5 enchants, and max lesser weapon and armor enchants.
This also paints a bad picture for new people in the game, and those new people help the economy.
The fun needs to come back to low lvl pvp...
Post edited by shhbacon on

Comments

• rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    shhbacon wrote: »
    Low level pvp used to be a ton of fun, but now it seems to be out of control.
    Its like having lvl60 pvp in low levels. People killing in 1 or 2 hits, people just wont die.
    Low lvl gear should have a enchant nerf, like max lvl 5 enchants, and max lesser weapon and armor enchants.
    This also paints a bad picture for new people in the game, and those new people help the economy.
    The fun needs to come back to low lvl pvp...

In the long run the game is a D&D game, and its based around PVE. I'd imagine the uproar of having these"nerfs" brought in would be huge as a lot of people use high level enchants for leveling alts. I know I do. Also, Its not that hard to buy a set of rank 5's and be competitive, I understand that things like a Perfect vorpal in low level can be daunting due to its damage increase, It doesnt necessarily make the player invincible, When I made my first character I had none of this gear I have now. and I still managed to be very strong in PVP and kill these people with high end enchants. And I dont think theres any armor under 50 that has armor enchant slots?
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    please stop talking about pve based game. pve player only, start to get bored after 3 months, couse of too easy content. pvp must work too
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    rversant wrote: »
    In the long run the game is a D&D game, and its based around PVE. I'd imagine the uproar of having these"nerfs" brought in

Nerfing gear is a bad idea. This gear is great to have for leveling alts, and Cryptic does an amazing thing by introducing it.

However.

There is NO REASON whatsoever that this gear should work in PvP.

Please imagine the case of new player coming to Neverwinter. He gets to needed level and queues for PvP. And what does he see? People with Perfects and R10s lol - stuff that takes a YEAR to grind for at least. There used to be twinking in other MMOs I played as well, but mostly with gear accessible at that level from some crazy location.

Perfects and epic enchants are NOT accessible to new players. They should not be ever found in low level PvP.

I know at least 4 persons now that stopped (one never engaged in) level 60 PvP and exclusively do low level PvP with their perfects and R10s. They do it again and again, as soon as a char gets to 60, reroll. Even as one of them is my friend, this kind of stuff is TOXIC to PvP. It should be dealt with.

Also it is worth taking a look at why some people stopped doing high level PvP and do low level PvP instead.

- GEARING UP never ends; lately, you NEED artifact weapon and belt and at least R9s to do high level PvP. This is a multimillion AD investment that no semicasual can go through.
    - Low level PvP is easily more accessible. Buy Mulhorands once every new char and you're mostly done with gearing.
    - Their class has been nerfed to the ground for high level PvP and it's either no longer working as it was, or not working at all
    - Overloads destroy high level PvP
    - Broken builds such as permadaily GF destroy high level PvP
    - "pro" PvP guilds that do nothing but play FOTM <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for the new "meta" (what a ****ty excuse just to use lame overloads)

So maybe fixing high level PvP would keep geared people from low level PvP. But first...

... remove the perfects and high level enchants from PvP. Maximum enchant for low level PvP should be Rank 4. And no weapon or armor enchant AT ALL.
  • shhbaconshhbacon Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ... remove the perfects and high level enchants from PvP. Maximum enchant for low level PvP should be Rank 4. And no weapon or armor enchant AT ALL.
    Thats a good idea too.
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    vinceent1 wrote: »
    please stop talking about pve based game. pve player only, start to get bored after 3 months, couse of too easy content. pvp must work too

Just quoting what I've seen said by Mods before.

You're not forced to PVP, you can do it for dailies but noone FORCES you to do dailies either , the extra AD is nice yes, but as an example I only do the PVP dailies and dont bother with the foundry or dungeon ones, I bought and refined high up enchants because I wanted to be stronger in PVP, both lower level where its easier to get up your triple kills and such, and higher level so I can be competitive, if all of a sudden this gear I spent my time,money and AD on farming up lost half its use for me, I'd be pretty cut, and I'm sure a huge number of other existing players would also.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • shhbaconshhbacon Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I wanted to be stronger in PVP, both lower level where its easier to get up your triple kills and such, and higher level so I can be competitive, if all of a sudden this gear I spent my time,money and AD on farming up lost half its use for me
    ^a example of how the high enchants is making low lvl pvp less fun.
  • damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    vinceent1 wrote: »

Wrong. I know many pve only players who've played for a year plus. Making wild claims with no proof helps no one.
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
  • hutchinsonhatchhutchinsonhatch Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I started to play 2 weeks ago, and when I first got the quest to enter a domination match at Lv. 10, it was quite some fun. Win some, lose some...

Getting to Lv. 60 changed things, for I didn't have the chance to collect enough glory to buy a full set of PVP-armour, so I get them one at a time.

If swapping of equipment was dis-allowed after entering, so that peeps with a GS of 18000 don't encounter peeps like me with a bit more than 8.000, it would help a lot.

In the long run, it's the community killing the fun by exploiting every possibility they get.
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If swapping of equipment was dis-allowed after entering, so that peeps with a GS of 18000 don't encounter peeps like me with a bit more than 8.000, it would help a lot.

You're completely out of luck here...

There is no GS-based matchmaking. Only an ELO-derived system.

The ELO system usually works, given enough people play/queue for PvP at the same time.

This is not true most of the times however, which means low GS players such as yourself are thrown as cannon fodder to high GS premades, because there's nobody else closer to their ELO average in the queue.