test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hackers on PvP?

clonkyo1clonkyo1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,553 Arc User
edited September 2014 in PvE Discussion
I were playing a PvP match with one of my alts to rise her up to level 60 when, misteriously, i got dc'ed and kicked from the game due a bug error window... i entered again as fast as i could and i saw my whole team but 1 DC'ed too... so, on that moment, i thought it was a server side error... but when i saw all 5 members of enemy team connected already i thought that "very strange to be a server side error". Can any DEV check this out?
Random Quotes:
- "perfect vorpal on TR with 100% crit chance is flat 50% dmg increase"
- "30% defense reduction does not necessarily mean 30% damage increase"
- "Oh!! 'Professions!!' :facepalm: , Good luck!"
- "For anyone who wants to change their enchants but wants unbound ones, trading with players/using the auction house is the way to go"
- About Barb's Avalanche of Steel: "Basically a perfect daily attack. That's the problem; it is immaculately PERFECT."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    There have been some weird stuff going on, is it hacking I cannot say. Was it happening prior to Mod 4? No!

I know some matches we will be winning against a Premade next thing you see they run down to Node #2 and my entire team are lagged out almost stuck until we are killed?
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Heard the same stories from guild members who still PvP. We already know people get kicked by some unblocked console command. I suppose a request (ping or otherwise) of Death is not beyond the possibilities either. Perhaps something like 500 requests for party which the system can't allow or something similar. I've sent mt guildies a few monitoring tools to see if we can find out what they are doing and if they are doing it to the server or directly to a player. But we're not allowed to discuss these issues. All we're allowed is to send it to support and pray to Ao. Not that he wants us to, but that's the only option we have.

I'd be shocked if the comms between the client and server weren't encrypted though, surely? I'd take a lot more than just breaking out pcap/wireshark..
  • Options
    nuudlznuudlz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    There's only a duplex client server communication, not a end2end one... So you can pcap whatever you want but you won't find anything b/c there's no p2p between the clients.
    The Zisters' Magazine - Subscribe now and you'll never run out of style.

We are always looking for new models --- Borderline Fashiondolls ---
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    nuudlz wrote: »
    There's only a duplex client server communication, not a end2end one... So you can pcap whatever you want but you won't find anything b/c there's no p2p between the clients.

It must be fun in the parallel universe where people are assuming that there is.
  • Options
    crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    well if it is hacking look at the bright side, your elo will go down because your the only person in the game and you'll go up in rank on the leaderboard haha. But if it is hacking thats still a pretty big problem
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I have a bit more.. sophisticated tools at my disposal than Wireshark. Comes with the job of being an IT security engineer/manager. But I do expect that data to be encrypted, which is fine by me.

Yeah, so do we, including some pretty expensive network simulation boxes that can do very weird things. I just don't expect your average forum rager to do so :)

Do be honest, I wouldn't expect any obvious gorillagrams to be seen, though. My money is more to do with pathological content, to do with poor boundary checking/validation and maybe in-process injection at the source (hopefully this is vague enough not to be a problem, mods). If you have the energy and enthusiasm to poke them until they bother to look, good luck to you, either way.

Incidentally, I am super-sceptical about any sort of p2p contact. However, I am not expanding on that here.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    @Nuudles:
    Then please explain to me how people get hacked without computer verification. There is -be it limited- P2P contact between clients, intentional or otherwise. If not, these hackers would have to have not only direct access to the game's account server, they would also have to be able to read and manipulate it. And since the hacking isn't done on a massive scale as of yet and appears to be "random" instead of targeting the whales, I don't consider that an option at the moment.

People don't get hacked. They getting tricked by weird software and do stupid stuff like using the same password for gaming accounts and email accounts.

Lets give you a simple example:
    As far as I heared people have lots of alts to generate AD by using Leadership. Sadly this is alot of work and as we all know - we are very lazy. So there are tools/browser plugins outside "to help you". The only thing you've to do is typing in your accountname and your password. Actually these tools are working too - to become more popular - but have you ever checked what these tools are doing also? No...?

Or just search YouTube for Leveling-Bots... you'll be suprised.

Also alot of people using one masterpassword for everything. Email, Facebook, Steam, bla bla bla... also people using easy passwords because they are too lazy to use passwordgenerators/safes.

To hack into a victims computer is alot harder than just getting his account access information.

• Options
    crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    nuudlz wrote: »
    People don't get hacked. They getting tricked by weird software and do stupid stuff like using the same password for gaming accounts and email accounts.

Lets give you a simple example:
    As far as I heared people have lots of alts to generate AD by using Leadership. Sadly this is alot of work and as we all know - we are very lazy. So there are tools/browser plugins outside "to help you". The only thing you've to do is typing in your accountname and your password. Actually these tools are working too - to become more popular - but have you ever checked what these tools are doing also? No...?

Or just search YouTube for Leveling-Bots... you'll be suprised.

Also alot of people using one masterpassword for everything. Email, Facebook, Steam, bla bla bla... also people using easy passwords because they are too lazy to use passwordgenerators/safes.

To hack into a victims computer is alot harder than just getting his account access information.

i could just rat u via skype download
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    morenthar wrote: »
    The server has been going bat-sh*t crazy for some of us recently. I was talking to a helpful player last night who coached me up on a potential memory leak that is causing disconnections.

The most helpful thing should be a simple debuglog from the game...

• Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The usual here: Please report violations or potential violations via the website and refrain from discussing such matters here.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.