test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Knox is in the (Auction) House...

mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
They're in. Bids started at 100,000 AD. How long will they last...
Post edited by mystagogue on

Comments

• Options
    tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    mystagogue wrote: »
    How long will they last...

2d 23h from now, that's how long they'll last :)

1-2mil now.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If he looks like the the "Knox" in that preview image I keep seeing in the launcher... no thanks. it's not even the same guy at all except for the eye patch. The hair style and armor is giving me memories of Tower District, no wonder they called him an Orc. Hopefully that's not the Knox Companion up for grabs, but rather one that's a bit closer-looking to the one we see on the soap box.

EDIT TO UPDATE: Okay, I see the new post now and the screenie looks like a real Sgt Knox and not that "Orc-looking" thing they were teasing with. Still not going to plunk 99-Million AD for it, though. LOL
  • Options
    faerli1faerli1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I find it interesting that I went looking for the Knox companion today (Sunday 9/14) at about 12 noon Central Time and cannot find him in the Auction House at all. I wasn't planning to bid, but I at least wanted to see what he was selling for.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Anyone see how much they sold for? I know that a couple of hours prior to it some were around the 9m mark with one being bid for 30m. It could've escalated from there though.
  • Options
    hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I saw a thread on reddit
    Looks like the Knox Clones went for 12-30M AD. Thought they would have gone for a bit more.
    Sergeant Knox 1 Rhix 12,360,000 N/A
    Sergeant Knox 1 Rhix 12,672,431 N/A
    Sergeant Knox 1 Rhix 12,927,271 N/A
    Sergeant Knox 1 Rhix 15,000,276 N/A
    Sergeant Knox 1 Rhix 30,000,000 N/A
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for the info :D. 4 of them seem to be cheap for something so limited. Someone paid 15m for the first angel for example.
  • Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I think they should've sold him in the Bazaar for around 15-20 million instead of putting him up on the AH. It'd have taken a lot more AD out of the economy, but then, there'd be more Knoxes running around.
  • Options
    llawtllawt Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Does anyone know how did it end?
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Around 12mil-15mil for most of them and one ending at 30mil
  • Options
    drazym123drazym123 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Around 12mil-15mil for most of them and one ending at 30mil
    LOL, a drop in the bucket for the whales and that is too bad. You all do realize that the AD spend on this was more than made up through the sale of enchantments by the whales so in essence, by running the double AD event in conjunction with the AH sales of Knox means that those of us non exploiting players who spent their AD on enchants, sold by the whales went directly into the purchase of the Knox auctions.

So in the end we funded the exploiters, erm, I mean whales, erm, I mean rich players with our purchases during the event..... The fat get fatter, erm, the rich get richer I mean.......
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    drazym123 wrote: »
    LOL, a drop in the bucket for the whales and that is too bad. You all do realize that the AD spend on this was more than made up through the sale of enchantments by the whales so in essence, by running the double AD event in conjunction with the AH sales of Knox means that those of us non exploiting players who spent their AD on enchants, sold by the whales went directly into the purchase of the Knox auctions.

So in the end we funded the exploiters, erm, I mean whales, erm, I mean rich players with our purchases during the event..... The fat get fatter, erm, the rich get richer I mean.......

I don't think that problem can be solved, nor do I think Cryptic is THAT interested in making it a priority.

At least with the double refinement, a lot of people can come close to perfect BIS gear and enchantments so the playing field is a bit more even between the legit players.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    drazym123 wrote: »

Pretty baseless argument to state that as fact. At 12-15m I'm sure there's people with the wallet that wanted to buy the exclusiveness. Also not all "whales" are exploiters. What type of people did actually buy them, idk but neither do you.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ^
    Still doesn't change the fact those exploiters are still around and I believe I know the names of their newly created guilds now.

At least with the double refinement, a lot of people can come close to perfect BIS gear and enchantments so the playing field is a bit more even between the legit players.
    The gap between new players and veterans as huge as tarasque now.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Pretty baseless argument to state that as fact. At 12-15m I'm sure there's people with the wallet that wanted to buy the exclusiveness. Also not all "whales" are exploiters. What type of people did actually buy them, idk but neither do you.

It is not completely baseless.
    vasdamas wrote: »
    The gap between new players and veterans as huge as tarasque now.

I don't mean new players. I mean upper middle class and the top end ones.

Yeah, new players don't stand a chance to compete. I feel bad for them if they have any aspirations other than playing this game casually and doing a tier 1 dungeon once a week with their friends.