test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bug Report : Eureka moment on refinement crashes..?

dirtynikkodirtynikko Member Posts: 12 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
As the subject says. After refining artifact belts, the client eventually crashes and causes a Cryptic error. You may be able to do a few refinements before it happens.
index-1.jpgkazoku_zpsfab9ce7f.jpg
Post edited by dirtynikko on

Comments

• Options
    baeyornbaeyorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Bug : crash to desktop while refining my new artifact weapon.

Circumstances :
    a. In protectors enclave, refinement window for Golden Dragon Greatsword open.
    b. I had placed several items in the refinement slots, and refined the weapon.
    c. 3rd time I did the same is when the crash happened..

EXACT sequence that led to the crash...
    1. Refinement window for artifact weapon open.
    2. Choose "fill refining slots" in refinement window.
    3. When the dialog/pop-up window pops up.. do not use the pull-bar on the side of the dialog box.
    4. Use the scroll wheel on the mouse to scroll down through the items to choose.
    5. On the 3rd cycle of filling the window, when I used the scroll wheel is when it crashes to desk top.

I have repeated this once using the mouse scroll wheel.

Possible workaround..
    Click and drag items to refinement window instead of using the pop-up dialog box.

:)
  • Options
    landoras1975landoras1975 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Have happen for me too when refining artifact weapon. 3 times now in one hour.
  • Options
    boldorianboldorian Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    baeyorn wrote: »

Possible workaround..
    Click and drag items to refinement window instead of using the pop-up dialog box.

I have just got to say THANKS for the great idea on the workaround. I have now refined more than 50 items into my Artifact Weapon using the "Drag and Drop" method, and so far I have not crashed once. Now I may have jinxed the whole thing by posting my results, but I wanted to make sure others knew this might help them. If I do eventually crash again, I will be sure to update my post.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Hey Gang, take a look at this post started by baeyorn with a possible workaround. I followed their suggestion and so far I have not crashed today at all. I hope I didn't just jinx it. :eek:

Eureka Moment on Refinement Crashes
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just want to say that I had the same issue twice yesterday while refining a waters artifact. I waited on the second instance to see if the cryptic window would appear. It did after about 5 minutes. I entered the issue in the description section. I checked my arc account support page and it wasn't listed there so I'm assuming it was sent to a dev group.
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    bolt#9204 bolt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I just hope they fix this before the double refining weekend otherwise it will drive people crazy ... me included
  • Options
    l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Only into 16 minutes of doing this on 2 different laptops and over 37 crashes.. it baffles me how irresponsible the devs are to launch a great idea with a major bug affecting it

can we get the software crash fixed please so we can actually make sure of the weekend ?

Havent crashed once all week until doing refining today

Safe mode doesnt work
    2 different laptops
    Full reinstall on both

pretty much tried all my options here
  • Options
    aiulianaiulian Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    u tried lowering the graphics before u refine?

did u did a full system scan with an antivius?

Did u closed everything before launching neverwinter (even arc)?

RAM? how much do u have?

OS? 32 or 64 bits?

Processor? Ghz?
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    aiulian wrote: »

RAM? how much do u have?

OS? 32 or 64 bits?

Processor? Ghz?

I'm getting it too.

16 GB ram with i5-3570k processor (its at stock speed) and I ran a virus scan yesterday. Random crashes galore.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

RAM? how much do u have?

OS? 32 or 64 bits?

Processor? Ghz?

I7
    32GB ram
    no av on
    no virus has ever touch my system in 10 years
    Lowest setting possible even on a 4GB DDR5 graphics (due to H/encounters causing issues with players connections)
    here i thought SWTOR pvp was bad... nothing like the H/e in this game
  • Options
    aiulianaiulian Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm getting it too.

16 GB ram with i5-3570k processor (its at stock speed) and I ran a virus scan yesterday. Random crashes galore.

I have 4 GB (mommentarely) and i5 at 3.33 Ghz (no problems here), though I think it can be your RAM cause I have a friend with 16 GB that also crashes...

if u use a OS on 32 bits try changing to 64, 32 is limited on ram use so u can be filling the ram and bang crash.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Circumstances :

3. When the dialog/pop-up window pops up.. do not use the pull-bar on the side of the dialog box.
    4. Use the scroll wheel on the mouse to scroll down through the items to choose.
    5. On the 3rd cycle of filling the window, when I used the scroll wheel is when it crashes to desk top.

Possible workaround..

will try this now ty !
  • Options
    drakonlord56drakonlord56 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I can confirm this, and also submitted a bug report. :(
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Circumstances :

Possible workaround..

yeah working much better -first crash in 20/30 minutes better than the previous crash every 60 seconds
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I can confirm this, and also submitted a bug report. :(

waste of time the bug report has been sent by myself for over 3 months 19 of them in total, When i spoke to customer service I got a copy paste answer 3 times then the senior gm said the opposite

<<Do not repost CS correspondence, in whole or in part. Reposting such responses is considered to be a breach of privacy.>>

That was months ago..... like I said take it with a small small small small small smalllllllllllllllllllllllllllll pinch of salt
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have 4 GB (mommentarely) and i5 at 3.33 Ghz (no problems here), though I think it can be your RAM cause I have a friend with 16 GB that also crashes...

if u use a OS on 32 bits try changing to 64, 32 is limited on ram use so u can be filling the ram and bang crash.

Its 64-bit. Its literally only NW that I ever have issues on as far as games go. No other game crashes this often (if ever) for me, something is messed up with refining.

Edit: Its pretty wide-spread, so its not just a simple issue caused by the user.
  • Options
    baeyornbaeyorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ok.. to clarify the work-around.. and I have NOT had a crash since using the work-around..

REFINEMENT CRASH WORK-AROUND.

a. Open the refinement window any way you want.

b.. very important..
    * DO NOT CLICK on "FILL REFINEMENT SLOTS" button in the refinement window.

c. Open inventory by pressing "I"

d. Click and drag items to empty refinement slots.

e. Press refine button when ready..

f. Profit..

----
    My own very own very limited programming experience tells me there is a programming/code error in the selection dialog pop-up window. Given that it causes a crash to desktop, would almost guess an illegal function call or incorrect call of a memory address.

What we are doing with the work-around above is bypassing that dialog window entirely then.

Hope this helps!!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Ok.. to clarify the work-around.. and I have NOT had a crash since using the work-around..

REFINEMENT CRASH WORK-AROUND.

a. Open the refinement window any way you want.

b.. very important..
    * DO NOT CLICK on "FILL REFINEMENT SLOTS" button in the refinement window.

c. Open inventory by pressing "I"

d. Click and drag items to empty refinement slots.

e. Press refine button when ready..

f. Profit..

----
    My own very own very limited programming experience tells me there is a programming/code error in the selection dialog pop-up window. Given that it causes a crash to desktop, would almost guess an illegal function call or incorrect call of a memory address.

What we are doing with the work-around above is bypassing that dialog window entirely then.

Hope this helps!!

Hey Gang, Just wanted to update that I have now been using this workaround all day with complete success. I have not crashed once, and have been in a refining frenzy. I know it is not a fix by the Devs, but it does work so we can still take advantage of the Double RP weekend. Good luck.........:D
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    @ Boldorian

Exactly all this time and we had to fix it even after months of asking the devs to fix the coding issue but thanks it had made this yesterday bareable thanks for the help.
  • Options
    jasonbhoy7jasonbhoy7 Member Posts: 53
    edited September 2014
    I've been crashing all day. At least 10 times, no joke, I have been dragging items to the slots but it still eventually crashes. I'm refining with lvl 60 greens and blues so its easier to drag them. Sometimes I'm not even refinining anything and I'll crash. It's actually been happening for a week or two now, maybe since last patch.