test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Combating the CW infinite hold

mindlessbulkmindlessbulk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
edited September 2014 in PvE Discussion
Anyone have any ideas BESIDES the Oghma Movement artifact to help stop this? Once they get you in the ethralling grip, your pretty much dead. Warlocks have no ability to stop this or dispel it. I have the Sylph and its supposed to give you 50% control resist, but when you look at your stats, it still shows 0% control resist.
Post edited by mindlessbulk on

Comments

• urkmockingjayurkmockingjay Member Posts: 47
    edited September 2014
    Pets do not assist in domination
  • mindlessbulkmindlessbulk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    They dont assist...meaning they arent present physically, but companions like ioun stones add to your stats as long as they are summoned. When you enter into pvp, the companion bonuses still stay with you as long as they were summoned prior to entering pvp. The critical severity I get from a erinyes of belial stays with me as well as long as she is active.
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Per the wiki- Active Bonuses are a feature introduced in Module 2: Shadowmantle. Companions provide bonuses when in an active slot, even if not summoned. These bonuses are disabled in instanced PvP, but not open-world PvP.

That, apart from reading notes from devs saying the same thing. So if you are getting the bonuses, do the right thing and report a bug.

Oh, and don't get excited about control resists too much. 50% doesn't mean what most people would expect. It equates to some miniscule reduction in time that you are controlled, that you will likely never notice.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • mindlessbulkmindlessbulk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ill take another look next time Im in pvp, but Im almost certain my stats dont decrease. At any rate, the purpose of this thread is to find a way to defeat the infinite hold the CWs have in PVP. Any ideas?
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ill take another look next time Im in pvp, but Im almost certain my stats dont decrease. At any rate, the purpose of this thread is to find a way to defeat the infinite hold the CWs have in PVP. Any ideas?

There isn't any "infinite hold".

There is a chain of CCs. You need to dodge CCs. If you are caught in them when out of stamina, you need to be tanky enough to survive the rotation. This usually means 40-50K HP these days and 18-24% Tenacity, depending on build/class/gear choices.

Do you have 40K+ HP? Is your SW in Tenacity gear? Is it properly specced for PvP? If yes, you will be able to survive a full rotation from geared CW and run away after it. Even if you die (which might happen if a CW has daily and crits it), your Soulforged should proc and you might be able to escape as well. No Souldorged? Out of luck.

And no, companion bonuses are ONLy and ONLY active in Icewind Dale Open world "PvP". In 5vs5 Domination, no companion has any influence.
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I think you should ask the GF I just fought that blocked everything by using Shift and just waited to see me killing myself by attacking him.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    hefisdo wrote: »
    I think you should ask the GF I just fought that blocked everything by using Shift and just waited to see me killing myself by attacking him.

That sounds like one of those weird Draco reflecto thingies.. but yeah.. they are breaking one class after another.. the GF and HR are the only ones working at the moment, guessing by the posts.

My GFs, SW, and my HR are not feeling any pain anyway. My TRs and my DCs are hurting though. And my GWFs and CWs are feeling a little depressed, but really they don't care.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    They dont assist...meaning they arent present physically, but companions like ioun stones add to your stats as long as they are summoned. When you enter into pvp, the companion bonuses still stay with you as long as they were summoned prior to entering pvp. The critical severity I get from a erinyes of belial stays with me as well as long as she is active.

Nope, in a Domination its your stats + gear + boons + potions + bonuses from active/passive buffs. Any and all companions stay out of it. The total GS reduction as seen at the top of your character sheet is actually less than your actual reduction in power/crit/armpen etc..
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    There isn't any "infinite hold".

There is a chain of CCs. You need to dodge CCs. If you are caught in them when out of stamina, you need to be tanky enough to survive the rotation. This usually means 40-50K HP these days and 18-24% Tenacity, depending on build/class/gear choices.

Do you have 40K+ HP? Is your SW in Tenacity gear? Is it properly specced for PvP? If yes, you will be able to survive a full rotation from geared CW and run away after it. Even if you die (which might happen if a CW has daily and crits it), your Soulforged should proc and you might be able to escape as well. No Souldorged? Out of luck.

And no, companion bonuses are ONLy and ONLY active in Icewind Dale Open world "PvP". In 5vs5 Domination, no companion has any influence.

On a totally unrelated note the SW's Profound set looks sweet
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    CW's were nerfed today already.