test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cloak clipping issue with SW

str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Minor bug here but I've noticed that cloaks get sucked into SW's right leg, seems like a minor issue but it obviously needs a slight collision adjustment.

Screenshots below to demonstrate, looks right on the character select preview, though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by str8slayer on

Comments

• eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    str8slayer wrote: »
    Minor bug here but I've noticed that cloaks get sucked into SW's right leg, seems like a minor issue but it obviously needs a slight collision adjustment.

I don't think their cloak/cloth simulation has ANY collision. I think they got a freebie off the internet somewhere.
    If you look at any character they've got cloth pieces going through legs and mounts, and anything.
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    eldarth wrote: »
    I don't think their cloak/cloth simulation has ANY collision. I think they got a freebie off the internet somewhere.
    If you look at any character they've got cloth pieces going through legs and mounts, and anything.

It does, you'll notice when characters walk their feet will push the cloak back, they just haven't gotten all the coordinates right yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have this on every single class. I do not wear cloaks or cloak transmutes for that reason. But yes, I did use that Scourge cloak.. as it was better than the Mulholorand I had. It was pretty dumb looking (the clipping, I mean,) but at least I could disable the visuals.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I have this on every single class. I do not wear cloaks or cloak transmutes for that reason. But yes, I did use that Scourge cloak.. as it was better than the Mulholorand I had. It was pretty dumb looking (the clipping, I mean,) but at least I could disable the visuals.

Nah, all my characters have cloaks and the collisions work correctly on all except SW. When I move I notice the cloak get pulled into the right leg, it looks like there is at least one wrong coordinate for the collisions (on the right side).

The positions of the cloaks are different on every class on the selection preview and it definitely looks better there, I don't see why they can't just use that...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Nah, all my characters have cloaks and the collisions work correctly on all except SW. When I move I notice the cloak get pulled into the right leg, it looks like there is at least one wrong coordinate for the collisions (on the right side).

The positions of the cloaks are different on every class on the selection preview and it definitely looks better there, I don't see why they can't just use that...
    I have clipping on all characters as well and usually most games have some clipping too.
  • petestarkspetestarks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If anyone has a magic combo that does not cause clipping issues please share it. I have never been able to avoid epic horrible clipping with cloaks melting into the back/leg/ect of all my characters.
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Another really annoying thing.. when your armor floats three inches from your body, and it makes your weapon go through it.. Especially on TR's and GF's. Although it works with some, it just looks like it goes through that space rather than through the armor itself.

Thing is.. in another of Cryptic/PWE's games costuming and appearance is the big seller. You'd think they would continue to use a formula that works so well. (Not saying clipping doesn't happen there. Just saying that appearance and costuming is a great selling point. I have actually OFTEN used the clipping in that game to great effect, creating costumes that should not exist, but look incredible. =))
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • fizbadfizbad Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Screenshots below to demonstrate, looks right on the character select preview, though.
    I find it funny that the concern is the leg, when there's an entire tail sticking through the cloak (!!!).

The clipping issues in the game are ubiquitous anyhow.