test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Congrats to GFs...

kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
edited September 2014 in PvE Discussion
Block magic with shield (properly) now! :D

Do you GFs think this'll actually change anything?
Stop making excuses. Be a man.
If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
Post edited by kweassa on

Comments

• Options
    canmanncanmann Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    Block magic with shield (properly) now! :D

Do you GFs think this'll actually change anything?

Time will tell... The big change is that stacking multiple CWs in PvP will be a lot less effective against us. That alone makes me happy.
  • Options
    urkmockingjayurkmockingjay Member Posts: 47
    edited September 2014
    pugs do not stack, they just happen.

of course cw's are now another free kill for most once again.
  • Options
    sidewazesidewaze Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    pugs do not stack, they just happen.
    Flavors of the month (CWs spamming chill attack) do.
  • Options
    joncansjoncans Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Meh, I had already adapted to CW's before today. That's the problem when players roll FoTM builds, you can learn counters quickly. Played 5 matches today, won 3. All pugs. The only thing I noticed was that there were a lot less CW which is to be expected. So grats to all you easymoders who basically exploited your Dom Champ titles.

Still got melted down with 0 control when there were 2 on one team, other than that, can't say I noticed a difference. Even before today's patch I could one rotation them after getting out of lock.

One thing I did notice is they were doing <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for dmg, so now they can enjoy racking up assists instead of acting like cocky bunny hopping tanks.

As far as the block goes, I'm an offensive player, rarely use the board, so I can't comment on the fix.
    BladeRunner-Proud member of the BlackCloaks.
  • Options
    jasonbhoy7jasonbhoy7 Member Posts: 53
    edited September 2014
    Cw aren't going to stop pvp just because of this slight change, the only reason you didn't see as much cw is purely down to coincidence, I was on my cw earlier and we went up against a team with 3 cw, so it's not like they are all going to hide because of one small change of immunity from chill for 3 seconds. 3 seconds immune from freeze? OK i'll just kite or dodge for a couple of secs then start reapplying, or entangle and icy ray you. It's a small change, nothing significant.
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    sidewaze wrote: »
    Flavors of the month (CWs spamming chill attack) do.

You realize that Ray of Frost was the main attack for all CWs but a few Renegades for all the time Neverwinter was runnnig?
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Good CWs can still cause havoc. Bad CWs are shattered like fine china.

I always get the latter CWs in my team. :(
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    canmann wrote: »
    Time will tell... The big change is that stacking multiple CWs in PvP will be a lot less effective against us. That alone makes me happy.

I agree with you.
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Fixes like this were expected. CWs have still beast damage and better defense compared to module 3 thanks to improved teleport and shield. They got their weapons and good ones i see them going 20-0 or 20-1 in pugs. The ones from top pages melt enemies in seconds. Just not on tanks anymore, which is just balanced. They have shield and reaction and their cc fully back to defend themselves better. Just they need to learn their role. Nuke from behind, if focused rely on shield and dodge and still deal damage to the enemy. Enemy team must prevent you and warlocks from nuking people undisturbed.

Now cws just need more proactive, less passive DPS to make the class fun again.
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    More proactive as opposed to waddle around with shield up and kv up, pop supremacy of steel, have dragon runes pop maybe bullsrush or maybe waddle more instead. yeah k
  • Options
    canmanncanmann Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    More proactive as opposed to waddle around with shield up and kv up, pop supremacy of steel, have dragon runes pop maybe bullsrush or maybe waddle more instead. yeah k

HEY! I have waddled from day one! :)
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have loved me some gfs even in the darkest times of mod 3 but they are sillyier in pvp that wizards were
  • Options
    williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014

Then please, suggest how we(GFs) can become more mobile... Every other class can basically be WAY more mobile than a GF has for a long time... Tell me how many "zerged" dungeons have a GF in the lead...
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
  • Options
    williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    canmann wrote: »
    HEY! I have waddled from day one! :)

+1 to this.
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
  • Options
    crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    well its pretty hard to put chill stacks on them now
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    passionbreezepassionbreeze Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've noticed that GFs have a predominate instinct to waddle around while using their lock-on on the same person to keep their shield facing them. This provides an easy come back to the blocking. Control wizards have a unique dodge in that they disappear for a split second before popping back up a sizable distance away. So the best method i've found is to wait till he shield locks me and then pop around behind him so that when he swivels to catch up he'll lock on a different player. The trick is to flip around and throw down a cc b4 he can react. Their lock-on makes them a little more vulnerable to clever movement tricks then, say, the SW or the GWF and their reaction time tends to be a little slower than most because they're not use to needing to react in the first place.