test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I had an Epiphany...

zelfironzelfiron Member Posts: 37 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
You know how we have armour transmutes and then new armour comes out and you lose the look you spent so much time perfecting????

Why not have a thing where once you transmute your look you're not really transmuting the armour per-say, but that specific slot?

In short what this would mean therefore is that every time you change your armour load-out, you retain whatever look you were going for, until you decided to change it again.

Le Thoughts?:cool::cool::cool:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Zelfiron: Control Wizard
Siana: Trickster Rogue
Andromeda: Devoted Cleric
Death Strike: Guardian Fighter
Blind Fury: Great Weapon Fighter
Phantom Reaper: Hunter Ranger (To be Changed to Huntress when I figure out how to)
Helena: Oathbound Paladin
Bad Juju: Scourge Warlock
Post edited by zelfiron on

Comments

• Options
    crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    doesnt sound very appealing thing to do
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I always felt that once you have paid to transmute gear. That transmute is yours forever and gets added a pick list that you can select at will from the appearance menu.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's definitely something I'd prefer.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    I always felt that once you have paid to transmute gear. That transmute is yours forever and gets added a pick list that you can select at will from the appearance menu.

that sounds pretty decent as well
    crazymikee wrote: »
    doesnt sound very appealing thing to do

why though?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Phantom Reaper: Hunter Ranger (To be Changed to Huntress when I figure out how to)
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    In Champions Online, you unlock appearances and can change them as part of your costume. I'd love to see transmutes applied from a drop-down menu, and be able to be switched whenever desired.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    In Champions Online, you unlock appearances and can change them as part of your costume. I'd love to see transmutes applied from a drop-down menu, and be able to be switched whenever desired.

Yup, if I have done a dozen CTA's and aquired a dozen skins from them. I should be able to have access to all of them. Instead of being forced to pick only one, at time, with the rest eating up room. These should be seen as rewards, not as some dreaded or unwanted anchor dragging my inventory space to the abyss.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Forcing you to keep gear you like means more chance you'll buy bags to store it = $$$$$

Most of their games have skin unlocks, so it isn't like this is a foreign idea to them. They decided against it at some point, choosing to force you to find the item and transmute it each time you change.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Needing to respend to transmute is one of the few AD sinks we have. It'd be nice in theory to not have to do so, but I think it would hurt us in the end.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Needing to respend to transmute is one of the few AD sinks we have. It'd be nice in theory to not have to do so, but I think it would hurt us in the end.

I don't think so. If it was really meant as an AD sink, they wouldn't offer so many free transmutes with event drops.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    I don't think so. If it was really meant as an AD sink, they wouldn't offer so many free transmutes with event drops.

definitely true
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just do what Champions Online does...it costs in-game currency to change and adjust your costume. Make it the same with Neverwinter. Charge a small fee to "commit" a piece to your wardrobe, then a small fee to change out pieces. You could consider the AD cost the use of the diamonds needed to power the spell that commits stuff to and pulls stuff out of you Astral Wardrobe :)

EDIT: Then Cryptic can sell the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of cosmetic stuff on the Zen market :)
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    chadblodgettchadblodgett Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    zelfiron wrote: »
    You know how we have armour transmutes and then new armour comes out and you lose the look you spent so much time perfecting????

Why not have a thing where once you transmute your look you're not really transmuting the armour per-say, but that specific slot?

In short what this would mean therefore is that every time you change your armour load-out, you retain whatever look you were going for, until you decided to change it again.

Le Thoughts?:cool::cool::cool:
    this is what the fasion armor tab is for it overrides the look of your armor while still maintaining the benefits if you choose to display that instead of your armor.
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If they let us disable visual effects, then they could SELL visual effects, and since they are ONLY visual effects,
    only silly people will cry p2w about it. XD

Using the fashion switch does not help. Leaves ya with purple splotches running all over that and your skin.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I don't necessarily like that idea the OP posted, but I would like it to cost less than 51K AD per transmute. Something along the lines of 20K AD would be better.

And people cry pay to win about this game all the time, when this game is not pay to win. I guarantee someone will cry it if they gave us visual effects we could buy.

That said, I fully support paying for cosmetic armor and weapon visual effects to replace our current enchants/ enhancement effects. Plaguefire looks awesome, but it doesn't really go with the look I am trying to go for with my transmutes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    alnakaralnakar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I like the general vein of the thread. What if after you've transmuted an item, that item were to gain a "reduced transmutation cost" tag, that would cut the cost of using it to transmute another item down by 65% or so? I've often thought that the costs of these appearance changes are prohibitively expensive. I'd like to sink some AD into my character's appearance, but at the current prices it's just not worth it, knowing that I'll be back to square one if I ever decide to replace the item.
    - LTS since shortly before the F2P announcement, and very happy about it.