test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

cost of legendary artifact weapons weapon

mxtimemxtime Member Posts: 316 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2014 in PvE Discussion
how much does it cost to make epic and even more important legendary one.
lets say i m buying refining stones.
Post edited by mxtime on

Comments

• hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well for me it costs millions just to get the correct one. I'm at my 6th try now so that's about 5-6m just in gems.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    @hfg... : Wait a bit, prices are dropping and you will very soon be able to make a try for less than half a million.

As for the prices of refinement, difficult to say.
    My weapon is only level 16 (I m waiting for the double refinement weekend), but it went there fast and did not cost much yet (9800 pts to refine the 16th level for example)
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well, the base cost is, what, around 3 million RP - perhaps a bit more (I'll assume 3M in the calculations below...just adjust if that is not correct) but if I assume you are going to do the refining during 2xRP weekend, you have some options.

You could buy blood ruby packs in the Zen store - pay around a million AD for 150.000 RPS, so if money is not an issue, spending 20.000 Zen ($200, or 10 million AD) would be the fastest way.

You could buy resonance stones or peridots in the AH - problem is that everyone else will do that too and good deals are rare. The AD/RP ratio ranges from 2 (for peridots) to 10 (for purple resonance stones), so that would mean 3-15 million AD.

You can also buy green and blue main hand items on the AH. If you get them under 1200AD that's the cheapest, but most time-consuming option, and there is a lot of competition.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I would like to know the refining costs, too. I have (the wrong) weapon, thanks to RNG. I hope for the right one till the refinement weekend.

As the refinement weekend comes up I plan on using the first weapon to refine the second. If the leg. weapon takes 6 million RPs, I would like to refine the first to 3 million RP, dropping it in the second for 6 million, instant legendary weapon.

Could one of the guys with leg weapons give us a rough estimae on the costs?
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    From rank 1 to Legendary, the RP you need is roughly 4,800,000 total. Just take that number, and do some math with the current prices. Like he said, prices are dropping. Yesterday, I figured approx. 5.6M AD to buy materials now and refine during the RP weekend.

PS: I don't have one yet. Still trying to decide if it's worth it for me so I simply ran the math.
    edited September 2014
    Thanks, I will go for 2,5 million RP on the first belt to get 5 million on the 2nd. It might crit and I will waste 5 mill. RP or open the secret cow level.^^
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    asterotg wrote: »
    I would like to know the refining costs, too. I have (the wrong) weapon, thanks to RNG. I hope for the right one till the refinement weekend.

As the refinement weekend comes up I plan on using the first weapon to refine the second. If the leg. weapon takes 6 million RPs, I would like to refine the first to 3 million RP, dropping it in the second for 6 million, instant legendary weapon.

Could one of the guys with leg weapons give us a rough estimae on the costs?

Has anyone actually checked if these belts actually double RP if used to refine another as they could just give the standard RpPfor Tier 2.5 belts.

Otherwise you would be 3million RP down.
  • ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I will know this afternoon if weapons do as ill be getting my second one.

btw, so if i dump all refinement points in double rp weekend in one weapon and then dump it into another will i get x4 rp? :D
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Its really easier than you think guys.

I see lots of PVP players with legendary belts the first week it was available! Have some faith
  • levthan2levthan2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I`m sorry to destroy your dream of easy bring up the weapon with another second wepon.

I have 2x times the same artifact weapon.
    If I refine the first with the other (both are rank1) i gave me douple RP = 3000 RP

Now I put some RP one the weapon (in my tries only 800RP to bring it to level 2).
    If i now add this lvl 2 weapon in my level 1 weapon the result is only 3720 RP (that means i loose 80RP)

So, refining with a weapon with have almost 2-3 mio RP inside to a new level 1 weapon is for sure a real bad idea.....

Also I think you need always the same weapons to get the double bonus, but i`m not sure, i have only one type so far.
  • hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    levthan2 wrote: »
    I`m sorry to destroy your dream of easy bring up the weapon with another second wepon.

If I refine the first with the other (both are rank1) i gave me douple RP = 3000 RP

Now I put some RP one the weapon (in my tries only 800RP to bring it to level 2).
    If i now add this lvl 2 weapon in my level 1 weapon the result is only 3720 RP (that means i loose 80RP)

So, refining with a weapon with have almost 2-3 mio RP inside to a new level 1 weapon is for sure a real bad idea.....

Also I think you need always the same weapons to get the double bonus, but i`m not sure, i have only one type so far.

No you lose RP even using the same weapon.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • levthan2levthan2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Think the same is valid for the belts?
    Has somebody tested this?
    edited September 2014
    levthan2 wrote: »

Sad :(

specially coz i already leveled one to rare, mostly because i needed the stash space since i had been saving tons of epic gear for refinement.

Still if I save the artifact dump ofr the double rp weekend i should still save face....

so it looks like its a 10-15% rp loss doing the artifact dump, wouldnt still doubling up the bonus from double rp weekend still be a good idea?

say you dump 1m rp into the first artifact -> get 2m from bonus on it -> dump artifact into new artifact 2m -15% = 1.7m x2 from double rp weekend = 3.4m rp...... actually just get a third one and GG.
    edited September 2014
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    No you lose RP even using the same weapon.

Are you suggesting not feed artifact weapons anymore?
    edited September 2014
    ximae wrote: »
    Sad :(

specially coz i already leveled one to rare, mostly because i needed the stash space since i had been saving tons of epic gear for refinement.

Still if I save the artifact dump ofr the double rp weekend i should still save face....

so it looks like its a 10-15% rp loss doing the artifact dump, wouldnt still doubling up the bonus from double rp weekend still be a good idea?

say you dump 1m rp into the first artifact -> get 2m from bonus on it -> dump artifact into new artifact 2m -15% = 1.7m x2 from double rp weekend = 3.4m rp...... actually just get a third one and GG.

That. We wont get 4xRP, but at last ca. 1,7xRP. As I had no luck with the 2nd weapon I can use 2 to refine the 3rd or maybe even 3 for the 4th, if RNG keeps loving me.
    edited September 2014
    That. We wont get 4xRP, but at last ca. 1,7xRP. As I had no luck with the 2nd weapon I can use 2 to refine the 3rd or maybe even 3 for the 4th, if RNG keeps loving me.

dont even thik about it, i just tested how many rp would i get dumping my lvl 16 bow in a lvl 1 one and it was just under 21k rp, where i spent over 50k to get there, even with double rp wekend ill come out behind.
  • baylen76baylen76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ximae wrote: »
    dont even thik about it, i just tested how many rp would i get dumping my lvl 16 bow in a lvl 1 one and it was just under 21k rp, where i spent over 50k to get there, even with double rp wekend ill come out behind.

This, for artifact weapons. Made some tests on preview yesterday with leveled swords in the 14-22 range. The RP return seemed solely artifact-rank-dependant and ranged roughly between 40-50% return rate. Even with double refining weekend ahead you won't be able to recover the original RP cost. In short, chaining won't work for weapons.
  • froszztfroszzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Its really easier than you think guys.

I see lots of PVP players with legendary belts the first week it was available! Have some faith

Is that suppose to be a joke? First day legendary weapon/belt users are the scum with endless supply of exploited AD.

Hell, Jerkface has legendary weapon+belt on at least 2 chars already. lmao. Not a clue why people like him is not banned, must be the easiest thing in the world to prove for a dev.
  • felinegamingfelinegaming Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    asterotg wrote: »

No. I tested this on preview shard. I put exactly 500k refining points into one artifact weapon. I then tried to refine it into another artifact weapon. It was worth 189k refining points. Even with a double RP event soming up, you lose a substantial amount of refining points. :( ATM, any refining points put into artifact gear is essentially lost forever.

Screenshot27_zps849f3756.png
    edited September 2014
    That's really nice. So if you get bad-RNG, at least you can rest easy that they dont refine for much
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    -snip-

Anything after level 3 for artifacts and you are losing refining points. So, yeah, its not worth it at all.