test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Soulforged armor enchantment *ruins* cosmetics

jarecord03jarecord03 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
edited September 2014 in PvE Discussion
This is more than about cosmetics, i know - the appearance or not of the purple color indicates whether or not the effect is active. But it covers the entire outfit with dark purple, completely negating any and all efforts at dying my armor (thanks a lot). I think the direct approach would be to scale the intensity WAY back to a subtle effect rather than turning it off or on altogether (though i would be satisfied with that option as well). Please find a way to help me show off my armor as a whole and not just the enhancement, i really enjoy the cosmetic aspect of the game.

Who's with me, the more people that care about this the more likely the devs will listen.

Dhenn Silverlight, of the Drake, Dwarf Dragonborn, Master of Flame.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
Post edited by jarecord03 on

Comments

• Options
    abishai3705abishai3705 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 40
    edited September 2014
    The effect scales with the level of the enchant, a lesser is scaled back and a Perfect surrounds you noticably... some people like the effect and use it as part of their 'cosmetics'. I would suggest having a toggle on/off option like the helm does. Also, have you tried using the fashion items tab? There are a lot of options there too if you like collecting garb, and you can dye them too!
    Abishai the Blessed - 60 Sun Elf DC
    Shazaam - 60 Tiefling CW
    Link - 60 Menzoberranzan Renegade (Drow) HR
    Naruto - 60 Half-Orc TR
    Moose - 60 Human GWF
    T-Wrecks 60 Half-Orc GF
    Drag King - 60 Dragonborn SW
  • Options
    bazgcbazgc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Also, have you tried using the fashion items tab? There are a lot of options there too if you like collecting garb, and you can dye them too!

Soulforged effect goes over fashion items too :(
    My Foundry Quests:

The Silver Sword - NW-DEIPWYISA - Daily Qualified
    A Relaxing Stay - NW-DEEYNZYZ9 - Daily Qualified but going to be updated
  • Options
    jarecord03jarecord03 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The effect scales with the level of the enchant, a lesser is scaled back and a Perfect surrounds you noticably...

Forgot about that, i guess the toggle option is the only option then.
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  • Options
    abishai3705abishai3705 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 40
    edited September 2014
    bazgc wrote: »
    Soulforged effect goes over fashion items too :(

I never noticed that! Good to know! I only use a lesser so I can barely see it... but I have never felt the need for a higher ranking one haha.
    It would be nice to be able to shut off the effect if that is desired by the player.
    Abishai the Blessed - 60 Sun Elf DC
    Shazaam - 60 Tiefling CW
    Link - 60 Menzoberranzan Renegade (Drow) HR
    Naruto - 60 Half-Orc TR
    Moose - 60 Human GWF
    T-Wrecks 60 Half-Orc GF
    Drag King - 60 Dragonborn SW
  • Options
    jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    my lesser is VERY noticeable to the point of altering the color of my dyes. I agree- tone it down some way
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yes, I don't understand what the issue is behind letting us hide enchantment effects.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have tons of fashion items but I just say my perfect sf makes me smokin hott
  • Options
    thirstiusthirstius Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I was going to say something about it being more fair to other players in PvP if they can see what armor/weapon enchants they are up against (without doing an inspect ... kinda hard to do on the run, lol).

But then I remembered that everyone has full benefit of all their "hidden" armor while fighting in their "magic undies" (or "kevlar undies", whatever). So, sure, why not a toggle switch -- on any slot or effect for that matter. The horse is out of the barn on this one. Either that or take away *all* the options (i.e. what you see is what someone has equipped ... which might not be a bad idea for PvP, or at least make it a selectable parameter for matches).
  • Options
    translucentwolftranslucentwolf Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just have 2 tops. Not a bad idea to have 2 sets of gear anyway. I like 'dragon hoard' / 'tymorra's lucky' / etc. types of utility enchants when I'm bumming around doing dailies. For dungeons, I swap to another set of gear that has more 'useful' stats.
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've seen dozens of people request this and I am one of them. I also saw a Dev acknowledge the request and even comment on how horrible it made one player's fancy white wedding garb look. He said at that time (it has to have been four or five months ago, at least,) that he was adding it to a list for review... but haven't heard anything since.

PLEASE give the option to disable visual effects of enchantments, at least outside of PvP, and at least on the armor.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I wish you could hide enchantment effects too. Vorpal makes me sick.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I agree on this. I really wish there was some way to disable the effect or at least mostly hide it. It sort of stops one from being overly concerned with dye's or fashion items when you know they are simply going to be obscured by enchantments (or in some cases the color will appear different than what is intended). There are some enchantments I simply will not use because of the visual.
  • Options
    runonnikerunonnike Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Don't forget enchantments that compeltely ruin the looks of weapons. Like terror for example.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just give us option to disable enchant visuals, but not in pvp, in pvp it sould be forced ON, but outside of pvp give us an option.