test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Laging

sr2normandysr2normandy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 56
edited September 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi guys,
I have a lot of lags from yesterday evening, I heard that same issues had more people, but I didn't find any thread on forum...:-(

Do you have same issues as me?
Post edited by sr2normandy on

Comments

• vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    There were two threads in bug section I guess.

I was experiencing lagg issues too yesterday, switched to EU server and the game was fine again for 3 more hours I guess (the chat box was acting weird though). No lag atm at all
  • sr2normandysr2normandy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 56
    edited September 2014
    Ohh, great. How I can switch to EU server? They have EU servers?
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ohh, great. How I can switch to EU server? They have EU servers?

On the Launcher you will look for EU proxy, try it. Also you have a hard time finding info on the forums because everytime there is a major issue ( and this lag is one such issue ) the moderators are quick to silence every thread about it with the usual, recycled reply that there are "stickies outlining what to do when lagging" etc etc. That's what happens man, its' exactly why you dont hear anything about the radioactive water that Japanese plant keeps pouring into the Pacific. The info is there but you have to look hard to find it 'cause there are people who's job it is to cover it up. Forum mods operate in the same way, when something makes Cryptic/PWE look bad it gets locked.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's because people are always quick to post a lag issue topic instead of actually using the search function. If they used the search they would find the topics about the lag and where they are supposed to be which is the bug forum.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    rhoric wrote: »
    It's because people are always quick to post a lag issue topic instead of actually using the search function. If they used the search they would find the topics about the lag and where they are supposed to be which is the bug forum.

That and most lag posts are nothing more than mindless rage with people yelling "FIX IT NAOW" tornado's could take out the area near the servers, and people would still be raging that it should have been under cryptics control and that they should have fixed it by now.
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    No lag at all on my end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    According to zebular in other topic yesterday..
    Most all connection issues lately point to Verizon*, not the game. All you can do is complain to your ISP about being throttled by Verizon or contact your Government Leaders while looking into the "Net Neutrality" movement. Switching ISP probably won't help, as from your location, you'd probably still be hopped through Cogentco, who allegedly gets throttled by Verizon.

The only way to resolve it "now" is to move so close to the game servers that you won't have a chance of being hopped through Cogentco's network that allegedly gets throttled by Verizon and in turn Verizon allegedly forces ISPs pay them more money to not do this to them. This is why there is a lot of polictical and legal debates around the World, loosely termed as the "Net Neutrality" movement to try and put a stop to these ISPs from controlling the Internet in such a malicious way.

*Do note, we often lay blame on Cogentco when the alleged culprit is Verizon as Cogentco is a Bandwith Distributor that is allegedly being forced to either pay loads of money to Verizon and if they don't, Verizon allegedly throttles users on their networks. Keep informed and read up on "Net Neutrality."

Which makes perfect sense... Companies can do too much things in the US... oh well at least we have Net Neutrality here cause a company wanted to block VoiP etc behind a "paywall".
    signature-lili.png
    edited September 2014
    So is there any plan to fix it? It would be great, because it's unplayable now... I don't want to leave a game this way...:(
  • ryonasryonas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    the whole lagging thing is related to the Account Server which is being fixed atm as said earlier by the devs especially since spammers make infinite amount of accounts to advertise their frauded goods as such account server database needs fixing which is causing most of laggs beside cogentco << to those of us from EU >> of course

I wish the devs would make a chat condition that in order to use all chat channels one must have a 1 character that is level 60 ... if you don't have a level 60 character to unlock chat channels
    then let zone channel only open >> since new players ask there for helps and guiding regularly because lately many of these 3rd party sides are using multiboxing system with bots for posting their spam on chats infinitely

so that would make bots at least limited to zone channel and since leveling a character to 60 would take a delay to 2 days worth which is limiting account spamming somewhat for the amount of time they would benefit from using it to spam their advertising so cost wise would not be beneficial

if you are from Europe and want to use the European Proxy server

People have been complaining from EU Proxy1 for lagging as such if you want to use EU Proxy2

when you open the client launcher click on Options
    Scroll down to the very end
    on the commands text box type the following command:
    -SetProxy eu2.proxy.crypticstudios.com 80

this is will set your game to EU Proxy server 2 manually rather than grinding to switch from EU proxy 1 to EU proxy server 2
    edited September 2014
    Thank you ryonas. I will try it, hope it helps me.