test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chat tabs switch randomly after talking to a NPC or changing zones

w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Every time I go to a new zone or talk to an NPC, my current chat tab switches to some other tab. For example, I'm on my LFG tab, sell some stuff to a vendor and suddenly I have log tab open. This happens on both of my characters and is very annoying.

Also it doesn't show all the available tabs when clicking on the arrow button, instead it shows the names of already open tabs (see screenshot). In the menu there should actually be tabs called "Social" and "Trade". Clicking on the LFG tab from the menu actually opened the Social tab, so that's probably a cosmetic bug.

I tried resetting the tabs to default, but this didn't help.
Post edited by w00trandomsnoobi on

Comments

• deus69xxxdeus69xxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It doesn't even have to go so far as switching tabs, though I feel you, but it's randomly turning various parts of chat on and off. I never have trade on, because it's a bunch of people that don't quite get what "cheap in AH" should mean, nor do I have LFG on because it's a chat box nightmare of people trying to make themselves seen. So there I were, running around doing things, and when I pop from neverdeath into PE, POW! Trade got turned on. So I fix that, go to GG and POW! LFG is suddenly on. Go back to PE after that, and WOWZA! Both are on now o.O
  • mosaic06mosaic06 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I wished my Chat would work properly - it hasn't since I was Star Trek Online, and even then it stopped working after the Romulans got put in. I now can not see any chat from my Guild, Trade, lfg, legit etc, no matter what I try, where as my Husband has no issues with his Chat system at all.
  • yomliguidonyomliguidon Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Same problem here. Strangely, my reroll was the first hit when my main was not. And today, both are infected with this plague of random chat. It appears with mod4 for sure.
    Yomli, Shadovar of Clariburnus
    Gegnar, Alaghor of Clangeddin

« Le Tombeau de Damara » - NW-DM9LR2G42
  • mosaic06mosaic06 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Now having checked all of my Star Trek characters, and yes I have a few too many :) I can see my Neverwinter Guild chat on all of them, whilst I'm playing Star Trek Online.

However I can only see my Neverwinter Guild chat on one of my Neverwinter Toons (yes I have too many of these too ! (the only one that is actually in the Guild.) Further to which I still am not able to see Local, Zone, lfg, legit etc.

Another strange thing, is that if one of my friends talk in the Guild Chat I can see that, but I am unable to see anyone else :(
    I have checked my settings (Chat settings and Options on both games), on everyone, but I am unable to figure out the issue.

Any help would be great - so I see my Guilds and my fleets correctly so I can join in for Dungeon runs et al, on both games.
  • stretch611stretch611 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Actually, I have a problem. Every time I turn off zone, I get a "trade" channel instead. (and specifically it is "trade" in lowercase, and different than "Trade" that I can turn on/off.) This "trade" channel can not be turned off at all.
    @stretch611

Murphster - SS CW | Jennsen Rahl - MoF CW
    Taarna - GWF
    Eowyn - Protector OP | Leela - Devoted OP
    Mara Jade - TR
    Leeloo - Tempt SW | Kahlan Amnell - Fury SW | Galadriel - Damnation SW
    Sturm Nightblade - GF
  • jaksngujaksngu Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    stretch611 wrote: »
    Actually, I have a problem. Every time I turn off zone, I get a "trade" channel instead. (and specifically it is "trade" in lowercase, and different than "Trade" that I can turn on/off.) This "trade" channel can not be turned off at all.

I have been experiencing the same issue with Neverwinter. It wasn't like this until several patches ago, maybe early August? When I change zone, the chat tab switches. If I'm chatting and get out of chat to do something else and hit the escape, '/', to chat again, it would pick a random tab. When I try to get back into that previous chat channel, it would take several tries. And some of my tabs go missing and I would have to cycle through each one until it appears and some other ones disappear. I tried all the chat options but nothing helps.
  • jaksngujaksngu Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Is there going to be fix to this? I've deleted all my channels, except the default ones, and it still happens. It's really annoying when you're in a party or chatting w/guild members and it changes channel.
  • thunderbeansthunderbeans Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hey I wrote a little guide how to work around this bug. It was driving me nuts too!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/2kb1av/neverwinter_chat_advice/

Hope it helps!