test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dragon Scales....how rare are they?

wikkedjrwikkedjr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I opened five lockboxes this weekend and didn't see any of these dragon scales come out. My first thought was that they'd be similar to the tradebar, only scaled down...maybe 1-3 per box, obviously I was wrong! So to those of you that have gotten any to drop, how many are you getting and how many boxes are you opening? I started a new toon and have been eyeing up the dragon ioun stone, but if the cost is going to be too large, I will just go with the blue stone.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by wikkedjr on

Comments

• Options
    msrebel1972msrebel1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    IF they drop, it's two to the box. I've opened about 100 boxes and I have 26 scales. Go for the blue stone, it would be much cheaper
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    usually 1-2 if you get them from lock-box.
    After around 50 lock-boxes i still have just 40 of those. They are very rare
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    thedemien wrote: »
    usually 1-2 if you get them from lock-box.
    After around 50 lock-boxes i still have just 40 of those. They are very rare

You did better than me then , I opened forty lockboxes and ended up with 28 scales , @OP go with the regular Ioun stone.

Also a annoying bug , if you open the new lockbox and your currency inventory is full up you will lose any scales you get , no overflow bag no warning , just 'poof' into the void -.-
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Only time I have ever tried lockboxes was this Mod - I opened 12 boxes got 10 scales I think.
  • Options
    monkeeyman1monkeeyman1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    - to the poster who said he lost his due to a full currency bag:

One note - you shouldn't lose them. This happened to me over the weekend and i had a new item in my normal/item inventory that had the scales and a dragon stone/enchantment. The tooltip of this item said that because I had to room in my currency inventory, this was created to hold the dragon scales. I cleared room out of my currency inventory, double-clicked this new item, and my scales showed up as expected.

So, you shouldn't have lost them, just look in your inventory. If you did somehow lose them, I'd suggest a support ticket.
  • Options
    froszztfroszzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I heard that the pseudodragon is BoP from scale merchant. That is an epic mistake from Cryptic's side. Giving people a reason to open lockboxes should be in their best interest. Making rewards BoP from scale merchant doesn't make sense. Not when it's a companion, if you already have it or don't want it, it's of no interest to you. And it's the "best" thing you can get for the scales, so BoP does, again, make no sense.

OT: I opened about 100 boxes and had like 30 scales.
  • Options
    neverwinter12112neverwinter12112 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    30 boxes, 8 scales.
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i have seen boxes open something with scales that go into your inventory and not currency. Sometimes I had 1 scale fall into currency and one opened in inventory. Currency was not full. Double clicked on one in inventory and once it gave me 0 scales, once 1 and some enchant.
    Maybe there is something behind it but 60 scales take too much money to get keys. I spent all my saved keys already and got some more from event.
    I also noticed that drop got worse with event going. It may be my luck but I got belt in first 20 keys before event and like 16 coints too. But in event all i get is enchantment provision, profession or comapion packs. Rarely artifact box. Before it was much more artifact boxed. I wonder if they had tricked chances too
  • Options
    wildfire412001wildfire412001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    seems like i've gotten 2-3 out of every 10 boxes i open. but then again, i got 2 Lillends out of 5 boxes, so maybe i'm just really lucky sometimes :D
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Should be easier to get those now with Zax reset :)
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I don't remember how many boxes I've opened of the current type, but I ended up with around 20 scales or so. Definitely not guaranteed to have any in the box.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I opened 10 boxes and got 4 scales.

I chose to spend those on some draconic dye packs & posted their appearances, in case anyone wanted to see: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?747441-Draconic-Dye-Packs-(with-screenshots)&p=8882981&viewfull=1#post8882981
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    wikkedjrwikkedjr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Sounds like I'll be using the stone of allure, thanks for all the replies guys and gals!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gothashotgothashot Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    IF you get any, it's 2...even says it in the lockbox description IIRC. I have 8 now since the module first came out. I get a worthless companion fortification box 9 out of 10 times, which has EVERY time given me 3 rank 6 training runestones. My account has horrible seeding for the RNG, though, so I don't expect much when I open them. I would never throw money at keys for this reason. A few surveys a week and I can open a few boxes.
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I bought a set of 10 keys to open the new lockboxes this past sunday. I got 4 scales.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.