test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where are the Rothé in Rothé Valley?

iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Creating these would add a Realms specific creature, (and possible cool mount.) It's like a muskox/bison. There are also Deep Rothé (Underdark/black), and Ghost Rothé (Polar region/white.) Making them available in the Foundry would be an awesome bonus ;) This is merely a suggestion, the rest of the Forum may carry on complaining...
"I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
Post edited by iandarksword on

Comments

• Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I figured rothe was just a name. I didn't realize it was a creature type. Cool!

Roth%C3%A9_and_tressym.jpg

If its not obvious, the rothe is the big bison looking thing in the back. only picture of it I could find save a picture of one in game from Neverwinter Nights 1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Creating these would add a Realms specific creature, (and possible cool mount.) It's like a muskox/bison. There are also Deep Rothé (Underdark/black), and Ghost Rothé (Polar region/white.) Making them available in the Foundry would be an awesome bonus ;) This is merely a suggestion, the rest of the Forum may carry on complaining...

All eaten by the drow slavers. xD
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
  • Options
    thrymskvidathrymskvida Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Rothé also means slave (Literally, cattle) in Drow language. They are enslaving the population, sooo.... ;)

But, yeah, it would be awesome to have Rothes as a mount or foundry asset.
    Shadow of purple wings: Help the Harpers investigate a wizard suspected to be part of the Cult of the Dragon. - NW-DEYV5SVQ9
  • Options
    arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My drow guardian fighter would love to have some rothe ribeye steak at the Moonstone Mask.
    Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
  • Options
    celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Rothé also means slave (Literally, cattle) in Drow language. They are enslaving the population, sooo.... ;)

Rothé, the animal, is also known to be dumber than rocks. Standing around as they are slaughtered unless one is startled into a stampede in which all will follow suit. (They smell horrible too)
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited September 2014

That's correct. If you read the lore entries, the Drow set up the valley to act as a trap for people, then every so often they harvest the valley for fresh slaves.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    asmodeus451asmodeus451 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I for one love the fact that the creators of the Drow language chose to make the word for "slave" and "cattle" the same word.

it implies that, to the Drow, theres is no difference between the two, which gives insight into them as a race and culture.
    Tenebris lux mea est