test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Daily revisited: slam

pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2014 in The Militia Barracks
Just wanted to have a little discussion about a daily that in beta and mod 1 was the best daily for a pve GWF..
For those that remember the damage on this daily was significantly higher, from memory I think it was nerfed around 60% of its dps also it's duration was also nerfed by 20%... They added the interrupt and mitigation debuff saying GWF needed more utility.. Which at the time I argued that the extra utility was useless...

So now I want to look back.. See evaluate the of these changes to this daily.. And see the result

Here's my personal experience...

Slam never gets slotted anymore.. Ever.. I never use it.. The mitigation is useless.. Most parties don't need mitigation anymore and the ones that do will bring gf/dc which again will leave no need for slam mitigation..
This also left the feat battle awareness in wasteland as well..
So given I never use this daily now.. And the gwfs I have played with.. Quite a lot.. They never slot slam either.. Does anyone use it anymore????
If the answer is no.. Then do the devs feel they way they reworked slam was successful??

Leave your thoughts about this..
Post edited by pandapaul on

Comments

• zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    discuss "changes" like that is complicated as well. a series of gwf powers are broken or outdated.

is healthy a class that has a "utility"daily (not in dps tree) . the problem is a dps class have a lot of powers that do not consider critical / critical severity.

slam is a good daily that need work before a analysis. by the way; slam recovered mutch more than 60% of its damage (destroyer). is +48% internal of destroyer+35% by mark (hibrid). the BIG difference is that we do not more construct one daily with the roar.the old slam was a passive power.

anyway, adding to the list to broken things:

the "warcry" of savage advanced dont critic too.

spinning Strike inevitably requires active unstoppable.

and finally the avalanch of steel: potentially the best offensive daily of game with the following mechanical failure: the time of the "jump" is 4 sec. the class feature destroyer / wm only lasts 3sec. are 30/38% less damage + "10%" less critical chance.

but anyway: although not please me the internal gap / "m1 ghost", if all powers worked, I would not have any major criticism.
  • user4035user4035 Member Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I use slam in PvP for the slow effect. Helps me smack down those warlocks, wizards, and hunters.

But the dps of GWF was nerfed too much. The damage resist from determination nerf was really all that was needed, and maybe some slight adjustments to encounters and such.
  • oreonmilkoreonmilk Member Posts: 39
    edited September 2014
    nope.. simply not using it anymore.. spinning strike for that extra DPS, while AoS for the utility
  • lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yep Slam is useless but gwf's anything are as well, and you have to slot something. No damage, no cc, Slam is not different here than TakeDown which does not take down or Unstoppable which brings no DR.
    What other daily would you slot anyway? I tried the charge thing but it keeps saying "needs a target" even when you're fighting the huge dragon of the campaign daily, yunno, the dragon that takes 90% of your screen. Hey that's a target. Except for a gwf daily by Cryptic.
    So, I slot Slam. I think it makes you immune to damage for two seconds. That's not much really, but this is the only DR that remains to the gwf.
  • l33thaxxor1l33thaxxor1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
    edited September 2014
    I spammed slam constantly PvE in mod 2/3 For the power boost which kept my power at 14k Mod 4 changes I had to toss it. Never use it now