test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How do i get Dragon Sigils?

brishenbrishen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2014 in PvE Discussion
I have been doing Tyranny quests and been progressing in the campaign, and now I am at a point where I need dragon sigils to progress, but I can't find any. It says they can be obtained by completing missions in the tyranny campaign, but none give me any sigils.

I did google searches but I couldn't find any info on how to get them

Am I missing something?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by brishen on

Comments

• Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dragon sigils are obtained from the daily solo dungeon quest you get in PE after you pick up Common Cause and from the other dailies available in Rothe Valley and the underdark zone that I forget it's name.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    OH! ok, I only thought there was the 3 zones (neverdeath, ebon, and icepeak) that had dragon stuff in it. i just started quests in rothe now.

Whats Common Cause?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Common cause is the name of the daily quest you pick up in Protector's Enclave each day that sends you randomly to one of these zones (once you've unlocked them). Be sure to also get the dungeon quest that will become available from one of the NPCs after you accept the common cause quest. The delay can sometimes be around 10 seconds before you'll see it available.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Common Cause is the daily mission you get in Protector's Enclave near the rewards vendor right across Sgt. Knox
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    ok. I think I have been doing that one, I just didn't know its name.

So what is the quest 'ghost stories' that people keep talking about?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    It's the Neverdeath Cemetary quest you get from Common Cause. This is the one where you need to kill the Lorekeepers to get to the Dragonsoul in the basement of a crypt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    From your questions, you're not doing the campaign as you should.

Each day, follow these steps :

1) Talk to the Harper you were introduced to at the start of the campaign in PE.
    2) Take the quest 'Common cause' he is giving.
    3) Take one of the 3 Daily quests given by The Harper, the Cleric or the Council representative (This will give you the dungeon quest with the dragon sigil).
    4) Take the weekly quest from the Harper if any.
    5) Go to the zone appropriate to the daily dungeon quest
    6) Talk to the local npc and get the 2 quests (1 to kill the local dragon and one another)
    7) Do the 2 quests from the local npc and the dungeon quest
    8) Go see the local npc to get your 2 quests rewards.
    9) Go back to PE to get your rewards for the dungeon quest and the Common cause quest.
    10) Go visit Rothe Valley and the WWhispering Caverns if you did unlock these parts of the campaign for more Dragon sigils.
    11) Go see the npc of the basic zones (graveyard, Ebon or mountain) to get more quests for more scrolls if you want.
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Note that after you finish Portal to Tuern quest in IWD, you get one more weekly quest that gives you 3 sigils and 3 lore.

(corrected - I thought this was a daily quest, as I got it both yesterday and today...didn't realize it was because today is Monday.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You only get sigils if you are level 60. If you are not familiar with those quests, I assume you are not.
  • Options
    amedtovi2vamedtovi2v Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    adinosii wrote: »
    Note that after you finish Portal to Tuern quest in IWD, you get one more daily quest that gives you 3 sigils and 3 lore - so that would give you 6 secrets and 8 sigils per day.

When, and from who do you get this quest in IWD?
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    amedtovi2v wrote: »

I would also like to know this.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    amedtovi2v wrote: »

After you finish the "Assist the Zhentarrim" for the 5th time and return to PE, you get the "Portal to Tuern" quest. That quest takes you to IWD (Which is why you have to unlock IWD before you can complete the ToD campaign). This is just a short instance quest - similar in difficulty to Ghost Stories. You get a Dragon forged steel (needed for the artifact weapon) as a quest reward, by the way.

After you finish this you can unlock the skirmish and/or the dungeon (assuming you have the secrets and sigils you need). The unlocking is just a 10-second task. At that time, a new daily task, (called "protect the portal"or something like that)will become available in PE. That task (which is pretty easy, by the way) takes you again to the Tuern portal in IWD and gives you 3 sigils and 3 lore pages as a reward.
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Sometimes the Zhentarim agent in PE gives you a repeatable mini dungeon quest, from which you get 2 Dragon Sigils and 2 Pages of Arcane Lore totally.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I do steps 1 and 2, but nothing like what you describe in step 3 shows up for me.

I also do steps 4, 6, 7, 8, and the part of 9 that doesn't have to do with a dungeon.

I can get stuff in Rothe Valley, but nothing shows up for me in Whispering Caverns

and I do step 11.

So seems something to do with dungeons do not show up for me? and how do I open up the dragon quests in WC? (I have already done most of the regular WC content)

daggon87 wrote: »
    From your questions, you're not doing the campaign as you should.

Each day, follow these steps :

1) Talk to the Harper you were introduced to at the start of the campaign in PE.
    2) Take the quest 'Common cause' he is giving.
    3) Take one of the 3 Daily quests given by The Harper, the Cleric or the Council representative (This will give you the dungeon quest with the dragon sigil).
    4) Take the weekly quest from the Harper if any.
    5) Go to the zone appropriate to the daily dungeon quest
    6) Talk to the local npc and get the 2 quests (1 to kill the local dragon and one another)
    7) Do the 2 quests from the local npc and the dungeon quest
    8) Go see the local npc to get your 2 quests rewards.
    9) Go back to PE to get your rewards for the dungeon quest and the Common cause quest.
    10) Go visit Rothe Valley and the WWhispering Caverns if you did unlock these parts of the campaign for more Dragon sigils.
    11) Go see the npc of the basic zones (graveyard, Ebon or mountain) to get more quests for more scrolls if you want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    brishen wrote: »
    I can get stuff in Rothe Valley, but nothing shows up for me in Whispering Caverns

Uh...have you actually unlocked the "Assist the Zhentarrim" in the campaign progression? As soon as you unlock the "Assist" tasks for the various areas (Graveyard -> Ebon Downs -> Icespire -> Rothé Valley -> Whispeing Caverns) you should get the two regular tasks in each area.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    ah, ok. I am not to that point yet. I am working through 'assist the emerald enclave'. So I have to finish 'assist zhentarrim' before whisper caverns dragon quests and all the dungeons become available to me?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]