test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can we start tracking Debuff/buff values on statistic?

encadiencadi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 67
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Can we please throw clerics a bone?
Post edited by encadi on

Comments

• abishai3705abishai3705 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 40
    edited August 2014
    I agree the Cleric needs something to point to. Most players know Clerics add value to the group but there is no metric to show HOW valuable one cleric is vs. another. DPS is a valuable stat to the DPS classes, but why not show how the cleric buffs/ debuffs contributed to their success? This would help legitimize the GF too, not just a tank, but a great buff/ de-buffer. If we could see what the DC actually contributes to the group, the extra healing the SW provides won't necessarily bump the DC out of the group. Think about it, the faster you kill something the less healing you need... that has a value all its own :)
    Abishai the Blessed - 60 Sun Elf DC
    Shazaam - 60 Tiefling CW
    Link - 60 Menzoberranzan Renegade (Drow) HR
    Naruto - 60 Half-Orc TR
    Moose - 60 Human GWF
    T-Wrecks 60 Half-Orc GF
    Drag King - 60 Dragonborn SW
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Guys... this is already implemented! The sad true is: It's a huge work to code the extraction of ALL of these little things to work right.

If you don't trust me: Think how the damage indicators are affected shown in the combatlog and you will understand my writing.
  • encadiencadi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 67
    edited August 2014
    ladysylvia wrote: »
    Guys... this is already implemented! The sad true is: It's a huge work to code the extraction of ALL of these little things to work right.

If you don't trust me: Think how the damage indicators are affected shown in the combatlog and you will understand my writing.

I dont understand what you just said =(

Anyway some numbers for clerics please let us compete in HE or jsut give us warlock/co,bat wizard like damage and aoe healing
  • abishai3705abishai3705 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 40
    edited August 2014
    ladysylvia wrote: »

We know that the numbers are available... we just want them to be displayed and accounted for in dungeon runs and HE "Great Success" and possibly even the PvP campaign?!? (Triple kills on a Cleric, Really?)
    Abishai the Blessed - 60 Sun Elf DC
    Shazaam - 60 Tiefling CW
    Link - 60 Menzoberranzan Renegade (Drow) HR
    Naruto - 60 Half-Orc TR
    Moose - 60 Human GWF
    T-Wrecks 60 Half-Orc GF
    Drag King - 60 Dragonborn SW
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    encadi wrote: »
    I dont understand what you just said =(

Anyway some numbers for clerics please let us compete in HE or jsut give us warlock/co,bat wizard like damage and aoe healing

DR, deflect, debuffs, buffs and crit is already calculated.

If you have for example 8400(7000) critical damage to x, then this is:

4000 base. +75% due Crit. *1.20 due -20% DR --> 4000*1.75*1.2 = 8400. Critical is clear - affected only by the damager. Base is clear.
    Buffs and debuffs are external powerups. Here the -20% DR come from a debuffing GF. So 1400 damage of the 8400 damage is from him.
    So the damager would get credit for 7000 damage and the GF 1400 due assisted. And so it would work. But the downside of this is: You need to record, WHEN a buff/debuff is applied, is it REFRESHED(by himself/other) and how HIGH it cause the damage/heal/tanking.
    This is really hard to code due it requiere step by step working. While the above example is easy, because it doesn't factor in how long the debuff work from the GF nor if it got refreshed by another one or other debuffs/buffs applied whithin the fight. So you would have to parse pages of lines from 'that cause this'. Yeah nice work to do. =/
  • encadiencadi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 67
    edited August 2014
    Well just code a parser to do it then its all easy, Its like Clerics are the class developers forgot and dont want to help
  • nwaurionnwaurion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited August 2014
    It's not that difficult. They *have* those numbers already. They *have* to know to correctly apply the buffs and debuffs. They simply have to display them. And displaying is easy.

Heck, the damage done should already show up under DPS, so they basically already display it. ACT also shows some stuff like Repurpose Soul which, while not a buff *skill* also simply takes a percentage of heal/damage by another skill.

And internally, they should be able to go into way greater detail which skill did what at which point, given that they have to know this if they want to know whether a skill actually works like intended.

TL;DR: They already have all the numbers and are simply to lazy to list it seperately.
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'd love for healing to count for domination matches, but when it comes to PvE, if you need a meter to tell you someone is a good party member, then you're doing it wrong. Don't rely on numbers, take who's available and watch them perform in the group.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.