test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

With race change available, what is the best race for GF??

lococatt91lococatt91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2014 in The Militia Barracks
I was thinking halfling, but, Maybe I could get more Constitution with another race. HPs seem to be very high priority atm.
What do you think and why?
Post edited by lococatt91 on

Comments

• chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It may be subject to whether you will primarily PvP or PvE.

I personally don't think it makes a huge difference in PvE, which is all I do. But I have a Human and a Dwarf. I like the Dwarf better.

Reason is CON and STR, and hope that one day the racial benefits will work in PvE. Mostly for Con and Str, and also for looks, though. He is a pure tank, only minimal consideration to dps.

From the Wiki (I do not know how accurate. I have seen no evidence of them working.)
    Stand Your Ground: You have increased resistance to Knock and Repel effects.
    Bug: Currently this only appears to function in PVP - monsters always have a 100% chance to knock or repel you if they try. It works in pvp roughly 10% of the time.

Cast Iron Stomach: You have increased damage resistance to Damage Over Time (DoT) effects.
    Bug: Appears broken, suffer the same damage from Fire DoT as other races.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • panisch420panisch420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm a pve player through and through and id still go with the halfling.
    +4% deflect chance is alot (yes 4%, because +2 DEX = 1% deflect)

abilities:
    halfling and dwarf both have +2 con.
    id pick the +2 dex over the +2 str because:

- block is an emergency tool and it regenerate fast enough already, i dont need more, in fact id give 50% of it away for other stats, id rather have 1% more deflect.
    - +2% damage vs. 2% resistance ignored? im actually not sure abt the maths about that, conq speccs might consider the strength, but as long as not ArP (soft)capped there shouldnt be a huge difference. keep in mind that every ArP stat you can save, you can put into crit or power if you are after dps. this _might_ be the only point where the dwarf has the upper hand and if it is so, it's barely noticeable.
    - 2% dot resist vs. 2% aoe resist? id pick the aoe resist. why? dots are easier to handle than burst.

to me +2 dex are superior to +2 str.

racials:
    i cant find the numbers right now but werent both dwarf racials at 10%?
    10% knockback/repel resist vs 10% crowd control resist(actually reduces the cc duration by 10% iirc) - another win for the halfling racial imo.
    10% dot resist vs 3% deflect - idc about dot resist, at all. i want the flat percentage of deflect, with the deminishing returns kicking in early on the deflect stat.
    ^and that's coming from the assumption that the racials were not bugged in any way.

currently i am human and as long as im conq im not going to change that, when or if i go back to tactician i might switch to halfling though, but certainly not to dwarf (-:

no matter what race you roll, youll always be able to roll 18 CON 13 STR 13 DEX, which is the maximum of a CON roll possible, add the +2/+2 racial abilities at will. btw id recommend that roll for every GF specc, even conqs.
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Ability_Score_Rolling
  • lococatt91lococatt91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Thank you that was the info I was looking for.