test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

respecting is getting expensive

anteonanteon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 140 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
haven to pay 300 zen each time is getting expensive i mean thats £5 every time.I have 8 toons

and you keep nerfing stuff my tank is now useless i worked hard to build him up over 5 k power and 3600 df out come nerf hammer now his under 3k power and 2500 df and IV not changed a thing

i think it is unfair to charge real money to respec a toon why not AD but im guessing you would just make this the same as buying zen 300 zens worth. now some of you are good at playing the market and getting AD ALLOT of us are not

in rift it cost 1000 plat at lev 60 to respec one soul build so why cant it be say 2000 AD to respec hell id pay 5000 AD
better than £5

also prices on the AH are getting out of control lesser plague fire 3 mill AD :eek: maybe an idea to look at this its getting to the point most of us cant afford to buy things of AH now i dont know if you can do anything about that or not im just saying...

but it would be nice if you would please look at the respec costs
sorry for grammar spelling punctuation but i am dyslexic i do my best sorry if it offends you
Post edited by anteon on

Comments

• Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Very confused. I got a free feat respec when they made the changes. Yeah I couldn't change powers or stats, but they didn't do anything where I would need to. No new paragons etc were introduced. Also I curse you for getting Aretha Franklin stuck in my head with your typo.
  • Options
    dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ill repec you in the morning for £4
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You said it! Respect is always expensive!

Respec's on the other hand, are pretty reasonable. Its not like you gota do a full on respec each time. In most cases just altering feats is more then enough. Especially when you have earned a pile of extra power points from over leveling.
  • Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Respec boons&feats via "78k AD button"; twice as cheap.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    anteonanteon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 140 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    maybe easy for you to get 78k AD not for all of us
    sorry for grammar spelling punctuation but i am dyslexic i do my best sorry if it offends you
  • Options
    godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    and you keep nerfing stuff my tank is now useless i worked hard to build him up over 5 k power and 3600 df out come nerf hammer now his under 3k power and 2500 df and IV not changed a thing

That stat boasting feat is replaced by a much better feat... GFs actually got buffs to their class really.. You gotta adapt your playstyle a little bit..
  • Options
    chasingthemudkipchasingthemudkip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I agree they need to have a AD option for users, I messed up my build and just continue playing because I dont want to lose my suinte set. :(
    ==============
    I am a hero wannabe. :<
  • Options
    godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I agree they need to have a AD option for users, I messed up my build and just continue playing because I dont want to lose my suinte set. :(

you can actually exchange AD for zen in the zen ad exchange... would cost only 300 x 500 AD = 150,000 AD for a complete respec which include powers, paragon path, redistribution of ability roll points, feats, and boons
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    yeah but people talk like 150'000 AD is easy to get its not for many people its like the old complaint about the cost of upgrading companions i dont see why they need to make it so expensive to do things in this game. the most AD I had on one toon is 65k

in my opinion it is wrong to charge real money to resec a toon in a game i have never played a game that dose that DCUO/rift/swtor all in game currency
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    anteon wrote: »
    yeah but people talk like 150'000 AD is easy to get its not for many people its like the old complaint about the cost of upgrading companions i dont see why they need to make it so expensive to do things in this game. the most AD I had on one toon is 65k

in my opinion it is wrong to charge real money to resec a toon in a game i have never played a game that dose that DCUO/rift/swtor all in game currency

Don't think it's the cost that's the issue right now, it's the endless wait. About double in ADs compared to a feat respect, but you wait over 2 weeks.
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    anteon wrote: »

Those games also started out as pay to play, so no it really isn't wrong as there is an actual pay for option to respec in said games to. Not to mention DCUO you actually have to pay to change even minor things like the stance of your character.
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    It doesnt bother me that much apart from 2 situations.

1. When they update or change a class. This last mod changed, feats powers and so much but no free respec, wth ? I had to spend £5 on a FREE TO PLAY game just to use the new changes.

2. When a new char comes out or you are trying a new one and while leveling you have to test out powers and stuff. When you hit 60, all your powers are messed up and you need to change your build but no, we get no fee respec -.-
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    In my opinion if the ZAX operation worked instantly I'd have no problem with this.

Since it now takes 15 days to complete, it became a problem, even because I'm not north-american and it's much harder for me to deposit $5 than any other american, because of taxes and gigantic delays.

Depositing big amounts with a good delay between them is okay, but having to frequently deposit small amounts for a QoL service is just a pain.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There is a respec feat option for AD. If you can't get that amount of AD with a little bit of effort you're doing something really really wrong. Seriously, I fall over and get 50K AD in less than a week. That's being very conservative with what I can make selling the drops I get on the AH too.

Hint: DON'T SKIP LOOT!
    Hint 2: DO YOUR DAILIES!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    zshikara wrote: »
    There is a respec feat option for AD. If you can't get that amount of AD with a little bit of effort you're doing something really really wrong. Seriously, I fall over and get 50K AD in less than a week. That's being very conservative with what I can make selling the drops I get on the AH too.

Hint: DON'T SKIP LOOT!
    Hint 2: DO YOUR DAILIES!

Good advice, but a lot depends upon how much time you have to play. If you only have a couple of characters, it can be much easier to get 24k AD per day. But, with AD prices the way they are, it can seem like forever when trying to buy multiple items needed for even regular things like upgrading enchantments.

Being patient and persistent is the key! You'll get there eventually. Don't get swept up into trying to have everything some of the no-lifers have (or those that exploited millions of AD). :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."