test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

common cause quest for last 4 days ( includes mithral mine ) therefore incompleteable

pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 486 Arc User
For the last 4 days my common cause quest has been for icespire zone .
This unluckily includes the mithral mine quest - which DOESN'T seem to actually EXIST .
This makes this quest overall impossible to complete .

Abandoning this quest therefore seems to respawn the same version of common cause quest the following day .
This leads me to conclude that the common cause quests are in a fixed loop , so that until you complete a particular one then it doesn't move to the next one in the list rather than a particular zonal version of common cause quest on a certain day
Post edited by pelgrax on

Comments

• ardaingealardaingeal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've got the same issue with Remnants of the Past in Ebon Downs. Quest doesn't exist so can't complete Common Cause.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ardaingeal wrote: »
    I've got the same issue with Remnants of the Past in Ebon Downs. Quest doesn't exist so can't complete Common Cause.

Did you try to abandon quest? This happened on first day with my dc for ghost stories, it made me a day behind but it fixed it and haven't had same issue again.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Isn't the Mithral mine to the left as you enter the new Icespire peak area? or is that mini lair/dungeon another quest?

Edit - Yeah I got Mithral mine today and it is the dungeon entrance on the left as you go into the new Icespire peak HE area .

CWcByd3.jpg
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My annoyance with the special quest was that even after unlocking Ebon Downs and Icespire, I just kept getting Ghost stories over and over, but now that I have unlocked Rothé Valley, things seem to be working properly - I have been sent randomly to one of the areas, including Icespire and Ebon Downs, and yea - the Mithril Mine and the Ebon Downs quest worked just fine for me.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • grandaelusgrandaelus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Why is this on the preview shard part of the forum?
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    grandaelus wrote: »
    Why is this on the preview shard part of the forum?

It looks like somebody answered a thread from almost a month ago so we all joined in xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • mg2112mg2112 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Has this been resolved? I am having the issue of not being able to complete Mithral Mine. It takes me to Hazrah Hammerstorm and then nothing.
  • larphoidlarphoid Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I had the same problem. Completing all the normal quests in the entire area, including mini dungs solved it for me. I hadn't done all the quests there, cuz i wanted to move on when i was leveling. The last quest in the area sent me back to Knox and after that I could take a daily quest from the NPC that is near Harper Boward, named Fitzhugh Montgomery.

EDIT: never mind, only seems to have solved it once, got the same problem again.
  • bottbolliusbottbollius Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The quest is actually called "A miner problem" and is available from Fitzhugh Montgomery who stands directly across from Harper Boward in the Protectors Enclave.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Closing down this old thread. Please feel free to start a new thread if you continue to encounter this issue AFTER checking all the relevant NPCs.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.