What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gruumsh's Tower of Conquest

eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Foundry Quest Database
Gruumsh's Tower of Conquest [NW-DEYRROVFQ]

v1.8 08/24/14
- Fixed possible blockage if taking shortcut jump and not backtracking to talk to waitress
- Changed "pass" to "enter" for Cryptic "profanity" filter inanity.

Quest Description
The Orcs of the Tower District have built up this rickety looking tower/obstacle course monstrosity around and above the old guild hall in front of the guard outpost. Lord Neverember has heard of your heroism on numerous occasions from the Harpers and thinks you would be the perfect adventurer -- to go undercover as a powerful Orc to participate in this contest.

The officially sealed note from Lord Neverember said simply "See Harper Koril in Tower District Guardpost."

Expected duration: 25-30 minutes

uSmNXKVl.png

Full Mental Gamers Playthrough (incomplete)
(Warning: Adult Rated Commentary)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2013
    A nice review...
    boomba66 wrote: »
    Review: Gruumsh's Tower of Conquest
    This is a challenging puzzler, with many unique elements to it. It is easy to get lost in this as the breadcrumbs go every where so players will really need to pay attention.

Flow: The quest flows from stage to stage very nicely. The one problem I had was finding the mining officer. You had to be right on top of him before he would pop as next objective to speak with him. The one thing at the end that was a bit disappointing was no conclusion. I was waiting for the Harpers to talk to me or there to be some story conclusion. I think if you add a little at the end this would wrap up the adventure just a touch more. Moving from challenge to challenge was fun, couple times I got lost I started following your orcish competitors this helped a great deal and was a nice touch.

Map: Three awesome builds. The sewer run was great, the tower of Gruumish was also very cleaver and awesome, and the obstacles you built made for a frustrating (which in my opinion is good because there is no accomplishment without a little.), challenging map that is really one of the features of this foundry.

NPC's Good variety. Loved the touch of seeing what you look like, and your explanation of the foundry's limitation to change appearance. Loved the pretty orcish girl ambush.

Story: I choice to challenge myself ending so I may have missed the conclusion by choosing this option. But I really liked the story up til the end where there was no wrap up. Love the giant tower as you appear on the map and wondering....hey what the hell is that, feeling. Then you set it up great with the nice high view and the Harper conversation with it in the backdrop.

Combat: The map challenges tied to the fighting challenges where all good stuff. This was one of the perfect difficulties map for a solo, easily enjoyed the combat challenges you placed. It fits in very nice with NW main story for the tower district, with the appropriate enemies to fit in to story line.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
  • Options
    melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I thought this was really original and fun! Unfortunately I got stuck before the end.

-The use of the Tower District map is great
    -the sewer under the map was a very nice touch, I haven't had much luck working under terrain
    -I was a little confused that I didn't have to fight in the 3 on 3 elimination fight. Maybe I interacted with the tarp too early?
    -it seemed odd that Galenda was cowering during the fight with the Rival, I think it might be better if you had her Ignore All
    -I got stuck in the scaffolding when the orcs attacked while I was talking to Ginge. Maybe move them over a little?

Finally, I couldn't complete the quest since I got stuck in an area I think I wasn't meant to be in. Either that or I just completely missed the way out. I've added a (terrible MS Paint) screenshot so you can sort of get an idea of where I was.

stuckarea_zps5ddee56e.jpg
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    melinden wrote: »
    I thought this was really original and fun! Unfortunately I got stuck before the end.

-The use of the Tower District map is great
    -the sewer under the map was a very nice touch, I haven't had much luck working under terrain
    -I was a little confused that I didn't have to fight in the 3 on 3 elimination fight. Maybe I interacted with the tarp too early?
    -it seemed odd that Galenda was cowering during the fight with the Rival, I think it might be better if you had her Ignore All
    -I got stuck in the scaffolding when the orcs attacked while I was talking to Ginge. Maybe move them over a little?

Finally, I couldn't complete the quest since I got stuck in an area I think I wasn't meant to be in. Either that or I just completely missed the way out. I've added a (terrible MS Paint) screenshot so you can sort of get an idea of where I was.

Thanks!

Ah -- that's near Ginge, right -- looks like you made it inside the guild hall area.
    There used to be a lot of non-usable space for placing assets and Ginge is right next to a giant non-usable space the guild hall. I originally planned to build the tower around and above the guild hall but was restricted. I think the last patch they may have relaxed a lot of those inner map non-usable zones. I'll try and put up some invisible walls around the edges so no one can find their way in there.

And I'll check the 3-on-3 elimination triggers.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    edited June 2014
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    v1.8 08/24/14
    - Fixed possible blockage if taking shortcut jump and not backtracking to talk to waitress
    - Changed "pass" to "enter" for Cryptic "profanity" filter inanity.