test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Silvery Dragon Scale

gwynny2gwynny2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
Any word on this new currency and where it drops? There are some great items available from the new Dragon Scale Merchant in Protector's Enclave!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    They'll be dropping from the new lockbox. I don't know in what qantity, though.
  • cthoncthon Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    harnel wrote: »
    They'll be dropping from the new lockbox. I don't know in what qantity, though.

Is this from a confirmed source?
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Who needs more dam lockbox currencies? Aren't trade bars enough?.....

Also picking scales off the corpses of silver dragons and using them as currency sounds a bit psychotic...

(not to mention the scale would not fit in your wallet lol)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    str8slayer wrote: »
    Also picking scales off the corpses of silver dragons and using them as currency sounds a bit psychotic...

Haven't actually checked this ingame, but are silver dragon scales seriously a currency type?

I'm pretty sure only people with evil or chaotic alignment would accept silver dragon scales as currency, considering how metallic dragons are lawful good. It would also brand you pretty badly, as well. If so, then that leaves a lot of questions that need to be explained or the devs need to change the currency into something else.

Edit: For those who aren't aware, there are currently no metallic dragons in Neverwinter. Merothrax is a white dragon, not to be mistaken for a silver dragon.
    500px-4e_white_dragon.jpg
    t5F7RY.png
    edited August 2014
    Yup, silver and gold dragons are far more likely to be your employer in a DND campaign than a villain... Something very odd would have to happen to drive a metallic dragon to evil, especially if it means working with chromatics. We won't be fighting any metallic dragons but I'm willing to wager they'll be giving us quests (in humanoid form, of course).

If you really MUST make a dragon currency for the new lockbox just make "dragon scales" and call it a day...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gwynny2gwynny2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is the picture I took for my guild's forums as soon as the vendor came out on the preview shard. Note the name of the currency (I moused over it for their benefit) underneath the left vendor box.

zboSDyPapGj1hCoPR0ZfJ65XZkoiVLPE95-dW4wIdqk=w760-h603-no
    edited August 2014
    gwynny2 wrote: »
    This is the picture I took for my guild's forums as soon as the vendor came out on the preview shard. Note the name of the currency (I moused over it for their benefit) underneath the left vendor box.

New%2BVendor.jpg

It looks like these aren't scales taken from any dragon, they're meant to be "granted" by Bahamut for killing evil dragons, I guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    I think "Shining" or "Shimmering" would be a better word than "Silvery", since Silvery can be misinterpreted.

I'm really curious about how easy it may be to get these scales, while I can probably guess it'll be like a daily quest that you get every 1 to 2 days.
    edited August 2014
    macjae wrote: »
    Judging by the items you can buy with them, they're pretty clearly a new lockbox currency. An alternative to Tarmalune Bars. Puts fewer coal wards in people's hands.

Hadn't considered that.

That'll suck.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    gwynny2 wrote: »

zboSDyPapGj1hCoPR0ZfJ65XZkoiVLPE95-dW4wIdqk=w760-h603-no

nice items there most likly new lock box or new drops from professions packs
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Who needs more dam lockbox currencies? Aren't trade bars enough?.....

Hey dragon's are made for killing and taking their scales to make armor out of.
    I'm pretty sure only people with evil or chaotic alignment would accept silver dragon scales as currency, considering how metallic dragons are lawful good.
    I'm not evil I'm a procurer of items for those with discerning tastes.
    edited August 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Hey dragon's are made for killing and taking their scales to make armor out of.

In WOW, maybe, in anything remotely resembling DND I'm sure you realize how stupid that sounds :D. In Faerun people pretty much never even know they're talking to a metallic dragon because they can take humanoid shapes indefinitely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    In WOW, maybe, in anything remotely resembling DND I'm sure you realize how stupid that sounds :D. In Faerun people pretty much never even know they're talking to a metallic dragon because they can take humanoid shapes indefinitely.

I always hated that shape changing aspect in DnD to be honest. To me dragons should all act like Smaug, having them act differently from that just feels wrong to me. Possibly reading the hobbit while I was young has permanently influenced my opinion on how dragons should be.
    edited August 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    I always hated that shape changing aspect in DnD to be honest. To me dragons should all act like Smaug, having them act differently from that just feels wrong to me. Possibly reading the hobbit while I was young has permanently influenced my opinion on how dragons should be.

Yeah well this isn't Middle Earth, I'm pretty sure there are more than just "fire drakes" in Middle Earth (at least, there were). Besides, Smaug had plenty of personality and had quite a lot to say to Mr. Baggins... The only reason good dragons have this ability and evil ones don't is because the good ones actually WANT to live among humanoids, whereas a chromatic dragon would never consider such a thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zippichzippich Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Still hope for new Seals :) One per run (finishing epic dragon) should be ok :)
  • blu3drag0n1977blu3drag0n1977 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11
    edited August 2014
    They are a silver coin in the shape of a scale of a dragon.