test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Control Wizzard Tyranny of Dragons

magoguitarristamagoguitarrista Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105
edited August 2014 in The Library
Hey guys, i just want to know if there is any build for this module to the CW yet...
Thxx...
Post edited by magoguitarrista on

Comments

• qyspqysp Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hey guys, i just want to know if there is any build for this module to the CW yet...
    Thxx...
    Yes, reroll to another class. Best build ever!
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    yep, I recc. HR since their at-wills do more damage than Shard and Sudden Storm do now.
  • jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    walk2k wrote: »
    yep, I recc. HR since their at-wills do more damage than Shard and Sudden Storm do now.

Icy Terrain procs the s**t out of Sudden Storm, add Conduit of Ice and Steal Time and DPS is actually better now.
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
    edited August 2014
    sudden storm doesn't proc, I think you mean the storm spell passive. which the current thinking is either a bug, or is definitely going to be nerfed asap.

fact, I just tried to login and there is a ninja patch... lol probably nerfed already.
  • jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    sudden storm doesn't proc, I think you mean the storm spell passive. which the current thinking is either a bug, or is definitely going to be nerfed asap.

fact, I just tried to login and there is a ninja patch... lol probably nerfed already.

yep, that's what i meant.
    i'd expect a nerf soon
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • magoguitarristamagoguitarrista Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105
    edited August 2014
    jrfbrunet wrote: »
    Icy Terrain procs the s**t out of Sudden Storm, add Conduit of Ice and Steal Time and DPS is actually better now.

Any specific build to achieve that?
  • yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited August 2014

What nerf and which bug? They fixed the chill stack double proccing bug and they nerfed the proc chance by 15%. Right now ,on live,storm spell is as was intended by the Devs and provides a much needed damage boost to the, otherwise, nerfed to the ground, Cw class. Please don't spread false rumors unless you can back them with proof,in which case report them to the Bug or Feedback section of the Forums.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
  • shadowbunsliceshadowbunslice Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    What nerf and which bug? They fixed the chill stack double proccing bug and they nerfed the proc chance by 15%. Right now ,on live,storm spell is as was intended by the Devs and provides a much needed damage boost to the, otherwise, nerfed to the ground, Cw class. Please don't spread false rumors unless you can back them with proof,in which case report them to the Bug or Feedback section of the Forums.

If your looking for proof, you can see it in action quite often ripping insanely huge chunks out of people in pvp, In some cases HALF their hp. This is happening so often in fact, that everyone, cws included, are dying something like FIVE times faster than they used to in M3 pvp. Honestly it reminds me of the end of M1 when tenebrous enchants did unmitigated damage, and people were stacking 7 of them at a time.

I think this is less of a case of a "bug" and more of a case of the devs going "did we push to hard" and panicking at the last minute. There is NO way something like this should have made it to live with even a bare minimum of testing. It single handedly undid every "nerf" to the CW class. It has also made PVP into a joke like never before. It's actually quite amusing to see bis GWFs and GFs getting trampled by 11k cws.
  • crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    pvp or pve?
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is happening so often in fact, that everyone, cws included, are dying something like FIVE times faster than they used to in M3 pvp. Honestly it reminds me of the end of M1 when tenebrous enchants did unmitigated damage, and people were stacking 7 of them at a time.

If ,by your own words ,Cws are dying as fast and often as other classes,then there is some form of balance. Perhaps now PvP is more annoying because all players die more often and have to respawn.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Errr it always "proced" in stormspell super-expensive Renegade builds, it's just that you didn't see a lot of them :p
    The build is FINE now since I can actually modify what I want to use depending upon the situation. I don't have to stack 4k Recovery and spam singularity anymore while dying in two hits. A wee bit of slow'n'storm feels like a good change.

THE ONLY problem is that because of so much icy terrain you can't see the red circles anymore.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If ,by your own words ,Cws are dying as fast and often as other classes,then there is some form of balance. Perhaps now PvP is more annoying because all players die more often and have to respawn.

LOL, CWs may die, but they kill faster than they die. Have yet to see a single CW die in pvp more than 5 times in a match, whereas they always get at least 10+ kills. Balance? Hell nah! No such thing anymore.
    edited August 2014
    LOL, CWs may die, but they kill faster than they die. Have yet to see a single CW die in pvp more than 5 times in a match, whereas they always get at least 10+ kills. Balance? Hell nah! No such thing anymore.

When your talking top gear and skill level the only class still competitive with CW is HR, and that says a LOT about that class. The difference being that HR's now have to be built in a new specific way and played with a high degree of skill to match the now redonk CW at any gear or skill level.
    edited August 2014
    lol yep, obviously a nerf is coming. they obviously wanted CW to be unplayable joke of a class, can't have them doing anything like damage or killing things now.

I can't try the new cheese build because... I don't have Storm Spell... oops! I never took it. I could use my free respec, but then when they nerf it I'll have to buy another respec.

and you can't buy zen with AD right now because the exchange is broken.

whooops.jpg

great game ya guys got here pw.
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited August 2014

What HR at-wills does more dmg than Sudden Storm? Split shot?
    I agree with shard...
  • avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    kozi001 wrote: »
    What HR at-wills does more dmg than Sudden Storm? Split shot?
    I agree with shard...

Aimed shot (from a distance, obviously) has a wide variety of damage, though it can easily do 15k++ at the moment, mainly crits. Split shot deals a wide arc of damage and can hit quite hard. No idea about electric shot, as my HR is pathfinder. Hunter's teamwork deals pretty good damage, though the delay between shots means that Rapid shot can pump out more damage in a shorter space of time. My main is HR, however, I have played a CW and it was my first character. As much as I appreciate what they've done for CW.... ahh, it's a difficult one. It seems as if they wanted to make it a better class, yet at the same time... all they did was blow it up out of all proportion. I hope they fix this soon, because I don't know how many HRs (asides from perhaps snipers/archery build) will be around left in pvp anymore. An HR I know, he has really good gear, 34k HP, all pvp gear etc.... 3 shotted by a CW. I guess it just depends..
    edited August 2014
    Aimed shot (from a distance, obviously) has a wide variety of damage, though it can easily do 15k++ at the moment, mainly crits. Split shot deals a wide arc of damage and can hit quite hard. No idea about electric shot, as my HR is pathfinder. Hunter's teamwork deals pretty good damage, though the delay between shots means that Rapid shot can pump out more damage in a shorter space of time. My main is HR, however, I have played a CW and it was my first character. As much as I appreciate what they've done for CW.... ahh, it's a difficult one. It seems as if they wanted to make it a better class, yet at the same time... all they did was blow it up out of all proportion. I hope they fix this soon, because I don't know how many HRs (asides from perhaps snipers/archery build) will be around left in pvp anymore. An HR I know, he has really good gear, 34k HP, all pvp gear etc.... 3 shotted by a CW. I guess it just depends..

I'm going to post something in general chat here in a bit about what is going on with CW. First of all, PVE CW was nerfed quite hard in POTENTIAL damage. The difference being that a lot of the middling/average CWs are actually seeing a huge boost in dps do to how easy it is to now do a crit rotation. Combat HRs are tougher than ever, I can attest, I faced them on my CW and my rogue. Not much has changed since M3 except they are now mostly using a melee chain. Here is why a CW will wreck you - eye of the storm. In pvp a lot of factors have changed, but the biggest thing is burst. Assailing force, the thaum dots, the control. These things are all very good but what makes them SCARY is the new EOTS. A cw's first attack auto-procs EOTS. Not chance, auto proc. Four seconds is plenty of time to fire off a full rotation and a daily to boot, and the burst of that is through the roof. What you need to do is bait a cw into 1 attack, now stealth, take cover, move out of range, whatever it takes to avoid their damage for the next 4 seconds. Now, go all out on them, hit them with everything you got for 10 seconds. EOTS has a CD of 20 seconds. After 10 seconds start from the begining, bait them, take cover, put on the pressure. CW will still be a tough opponent now, but if you avoid their EOTS their burst drops by half or less, depending on the cw. HR, GWF, TR are really the only ones who can pull off this tactic, and it's really only reliable in a 1v1.
    edited August 2014
    I'm going to post something in general chat here in a bit about what is going on with CW.
    I posted in the barracks instead, felt like GWFs needed some love, not that I said much different from here
  • archonheldarchonheld Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hey guys, bit of a newbie CW here with a few questions. So post patch, what spells are best for Thaumaturge aoe / damage post-patch? Is it still Shard, Steal Time, COI (tabbed?) and then replacing chill strike with Icy Terrain?

Also what is the most ideal setup for Thaumaturge single target dps?
  • theosymphanytheosymphany Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    @advxa I would probably take 3/3 Focused wizardry if it's fixed. I haven't done personal testing but it looks like only steal time, OF, IT damage is adjusted down when CoI, FtF, smolder, rimefire, assailant, elemental empowerment etc all get a boost. Even right now the theoretical number crunch says there's a net increase (30% Single target boost and 30% AoE decrease), but personally I'm holding 3 points uncommitted until I hear more.

Alternatively Prestidigitation is decent feat to help improve party DPS just that bit extra, especially since general GS is much higher now than at launch. Unlimited range.
    Kaelac Symphony LaggyGamerz Community
    Guild and guide info

Module 4 Comprehensive DC guide |Module 4 MoF CW Handbook |New! Scourge Warlock Guide| NW Numbers and Mechanics guide |Crit, Power and DPS guide | Dungeon Delving guide and more
  • advxaadvxa Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    @advxa I would probably take 3/3 Focused wizardry if it's fixed. I haven't done personal testing but it looks like only steal time, OF, IT damage is adjusted down when CoI, FtF, smolder, rimefire, assailant, elemental empowerment etc all get a boost. Even right now the theoretical number crunch says there's a net increase (30% Single target boost and 30% AoE decrease), but personally I'm holding 3 points uncommitted until I hear more.

Alternatively Prestidigitation is decent feat to help improve party DPS just that bit extra, especially since general GS is much higher now than at launch. Unlimited range.
    Hmmm... So dropping Prestidigitation will be fine? Actually planned to drop Learned Spellcaster become lv 2 and max both Focused Wizardry and Prestidigitation but i don't know which one is better.
    I'm planning to reset both Powers and Feats once FW is fixed, so ya, I don't want to mess them up again.
  • techforyoutechforyou Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    CW MoF Renegade Paragon is viable or a good way to go ?
    Because i have begin my CW and i will try MoF but i want to try the Renegade Paragon too so i need information about that ^^
  • magoguitarristamagoguitarrista Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105
    edited August 2014
    Im actually looking for a pvp build, and no please no MOF I really hate that kind of wizard :S Spellstorm...
  • shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    @theosymphany

I just wanted to thank you for your one more excellent guide (though I am still SS). Enjoyed it immensely (just as much as your DC guide).
    Stay well, friend :)
  • techforyoutechforyou Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    techforyou wrote: »
    CW MoF Renegade Paragon is viable or a good way to go ?
    Because i have begin my CW and i will try MoF but i want to try the Renegade Paragon too so i need information about that ^^

BUMP BUMP to my post lol