test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Limit of Soul Puppets - Damnation path lies?

elvalianonelvalianon Member Posts: 331 Arc User
edited August 2014 in The Nine Hells
*** Resolved :) thanks everyone! ***

I've started a Warlock since M4 came out and been leveling slowly, trying out the Damnations paths (plz don't bother me about my choice, it's mine to make).

Now I just reached the end feat "Desecration" and I was excited about this! Because it promised me the following:

"Your Soul Puppet is now permanent and will not dissipate after 5 hits. Targets marked by Warlock's Curse are corrupted and will spawn a Soul Puppet when Killed. Additionally every 15 seconds, the next time you deal damage you spawn a Soul Puppet."

Now what I made of this, is that you'll get a EXTRA soul puppet (probably temporary life span) after killing a mob that is cursed, each 15 seconds. However, this does not happen! And when I read up on the Soul Puppet it sais "You may only have a single Soul Puppet active at a time."

Now either I am not understanding the Desecration feat well, or they are just plainly lying!

Then there is also a daily power saying the following:
"Accursed souls - Draw in souls of nearby enemies, Healing yourself and corrupting their spirits, which you then force back into their bodies. Additionally you spawn a Soul Puppet when you activate this power".

Now I can could understand that this daily doesn't work that way, but it said additionally, which is misleading in my opinion.

I truly want to know more about the Desecration Feat tho, is this a bug or am I just understanding it wrong? Cause I can't make anything of it...

Thanks in advance for the replies :)
Post edited by elvalianon on

Comments

• crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I think most powers spawn a soul puppet just so you have many ways of quickly summoning one. In pvp it will die a lot so having many ways to summon one again is helpful.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • elvalianonelvalianon Member Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ok, thanks. I thought of that after a while, cause the puppet will not be immortal after all.
  • voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Hi Elvalianon The capstone for Damnation will not spawn another soul puppet when you already have one active it will how ever do to soul puppet mechanics give your puppet a 20% boost in dmg that stacks 5 times. Also the soul puppet has about 250000 health and 80% dmg Resistance so no it will not die alot in PvP or PvE. Read the soul puppet mechanics listed in you powers menu to have a better understanding on the capstone. Any way i hope you enjoy the damnation line its my fav line of the SW and have a pleasant day in neverwinter.

The capstone is specifically designed to make sure the soul puppet gets this boost in DPS
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    elvalianon wrote: »
    Ok, thanks. I thought of that after a while, cause the puppet will not be immortal after all.

Indeed. It's probably best to mentally add "if none exists" right after "spawn a Soul Puppet" in that entire description. :)
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The Damnation feats need to be read in conjunction with the description of the Soul Puppet class mechanic, which clearly explains that only one puppet can be active at any time and further actions which would summon one buff the existing puppet instead. Quite why so many people seem to have missed this is beyond me.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • crystal892fcrystal892f Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Quite why so many people seem to have missed this is beyond me.
    To be fair: that the summoning SW or Soul Puppet itself has no buff-icon to indicate the damage bonus (max. 5 stacks * 20% damage increase), doesn't help to avoid confusion.
  • voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    this is true there needs to be some icon on you or the puppet itself or they could make the puppet evolve like a pokemon i i mean companion to show it getting stronger
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    voltomey wrote: »
    this is true there needs to be some icon on you or the puppet itself or they could make the puppet evolve like a pokemon i i mean companion to show it getting stronger

At maximum stacks it should look like a full blown grim reaper wielding a scythe formed from necrotic energy. :D
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    To be fair: that the summoning SW or Soul Puppet itself has no buff-icon to indicate the damage bonus (max. 5 stacks * 20% damage increase), doesn't help to avoid confusion.
    That's a fair point. I think there is a small special effect when the boost hits but most of the time you aren't going to notice it and there's no way to see how many stacks are up in any case.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • elvalianonelvalianon Member Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for the explanations :) I guess I might still enjoy this path then! I agree that they should add some kind of visual effect or buff nodes to it and change the description a bit so it's not this misleading.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The Damnation feats need to be read in conjunction with the description of the Soul Puppet class mechanic, which clearly explains that only one puppet can be active at any time and further actions which would summon one buff the existing puppet instead. Quite why so many people seem to have missed this is beyond me.

People miss basic things like this because they refuse to do any reading beyond the basics.
  • chi1701dchi1701d Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Only just noticed every 15 seconds, will make it easier to spawn them when on long fights