test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

(Ant-Monster) The current GWF.

lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
edited August 2014 in The Militia Barracks
I like the new/current GWF. I feel they do very well still, but they're finally killable in 1v1 situations. Not to mention their beastness in PvE.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    lisaxxiilisaxxii Member Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for your input!

I'm sure the Devs will be thrilled that you approve!
    Enemy Team
  • Options
    oreonmilkoreonmilk Member Posts: 39
    edited August 2014
    I'm sorry, do you have an endgame GWF?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    lisaxxii wrote: »
    Thanks for your input!

I'm sure the Devs will be thrilled that you approve!

Although I'm confused about your sarcasm, I'll play along.

They better approve, I'm the almighty Ant-Monster, and the world revolves around me. So yeah...
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    oreonmilk wrote: »
    I'm sorry, do you have an endgame GWF?

Negative, but I really like where they're at in PvP and PvE. I still get killed by GWF's in PvP, but they're not immortal like they once were. They've challenging again. As for PvE, I feel a GF should never be able to out DPS a GWF. Which is still the case. I'm happy with GWF's.
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm quite happy too. In a normal game it's challenging and rewarding. Just hope They fix cws melting ppl in 3 seconds with ray of frost, and the glyph bullcrap.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Ok I know you're a very knowledgable GF.. But I dont think this game's perception on the state of a class is by how his opponent is feeling. It should be about the class players themselves.

Without any intention to brag at all, my main 17k destroyer GWF is full r8, three 70+ artifacts, 5 epic companions, and a regular CN farmer, I honestly feel like there's no good reason to bring my toon to farm pve anymore. I don't care about PVP at all.. But I can tell u that in PVE, I'm a melee class that got a considerable DR nerfed, brings close to NO UTILITY at all to my party, and do mediocre damage. and with CW's singularity lowered max cap now, it really doesnt help my case. Sure I can survive by engaging small groups of ads one at a time, but this would just make my team's runtime longer. So what's the reason now not to replace my GWF with my 14k CW instead? better utility, better damage, better control, makes ANY pve run go faster.

So how is my "Beastness" in PVE??
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Ok I know you're a very knowledgable GF.. But I dont think this game's perception on the state of a class is by how his opponent is feeling. It should be about the class players themselves.

Without any intention to brag at all, my main 17k destroyer GWF is full r8, three 70+ artifacts, 5 epic companions, and a regular CN farmer, I honestly feel like there's no good reason to bring my toon to farm pve anymore. I don't care about PVP at all.. But I can tell u that in PVE, I'm a melee class that got a considerable DR nerfed, brings close to NO UTILITY at all to my party, and do mediocre damage. and with CW's singularity lowered max cap now, it really doesnt help my case. Sure I can survive by engaging small groups of ads one at a time, but this would just make my team's runtime longer. So what's the reason now not to replace my GWF with my 14k CW instead? better utility, better damage, better control, makes ANY pve run go faster.

So how is my "Beastness" in PVE??

Your 17k GWF is still more than capable of farming CN, you just can't do it in a ridiculously fast time anymore. You became accustomed to the exclusive meta-game of CW+GWF = Pwnage, at the expense of every other class. All I have to say is welcome back to the land of the DC, GF, TR and HR. The land of the mortal, where you can't actually press TAB, click a few times, slip in and out of a coma and end up with a dead dragon a your feet.

I have no time for a GWF or CW that complains that their ubber-pulls and 15-minute Duke Nukem CN runs are a thing of the past. Your 17k GWF is still viable, you just can't sleep walk dungeons anymore.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    epclipseingmoonepclipseingmoon Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    thats nice... what about cws?
    @dimensionallight
    Princess Amber - DC
    Shieldmaiden Amber - GF
    Valkyrie Amber - GWF
    Huntress Amber - HR
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    thestaggy wrote: »
    Your 17k GWF is still more than capable of farming CN, you just can't do it in a ridiculously fast time anymore. You became accustomed to the exclusive meta-game of CW+GWF = Pwnage, at the expense of every other class. All I have to say is welcome back to the land of the DC, GF, TR and HR. The land of the mortal, where you can't actually press TAB, click a few times, slip in and out of a coma and end up with a dead dragon a your feet.

I have no time for a GWF or CW that complains that their ubber-pulls and 15-minute Duke Nukem CN runs are a thing of the past. Your 17k GWF is still viable, you just can't sleep walk dungeons anymore.

First of all, I have alt of all classes and I do enjoy running with rainbow party if that does exist anymore. Yes, its annoying all we're seeing is CW+GWF duke nukeming PVE contents. And if by bringing my GWF to the "land of mortal" is going to make all other classes viable, by all means please do. I'm just denying the OP's statement of GWF's "beastness" in PVE. and i'm just glad u're enjoying your class' buff at the moment :)
  • Options
    lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I like the new/current GWF. I feel they do very well still, but they're finally killable in 1v1 situations. Not to mention their beastness in PvE.

I don't like the new/current GWF (except when playing another class and the opponent is gwf). They're even more pathetic than they were before, including DPS in dungeon parties (and now even the GF will deliver more damage). They're killable 1v1 just as before but it takes less time. Even a foe has a fair chance now in 1v1 providing it's not a redcap. Of course it hemps that the gwf are still hitting the Tab key, thus wasting a precious time.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • Options
    lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Your 17k GWF is still viable

No.

/10chars
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    You became accustomed to the exclusive meta-game of CW+GWF = Pwnage, at the expense of every other class. All I have to say is welcome back to the land of the DC, GF, TR and HR. The land of the mortal, where you can't actually press TAB, click a few times, slip in and out of a coma and end up with a dead dragon a your feet.

^ This! HAHAHAAAA!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    lucifron44 wrote: »
    I don't like the new/current GWF (except when playing another class and the opponent is gwf). They're even more pathetic than they were before, including DPS in dungeon parties (and now even the GF will deliver more damage). They're killable 1v1 just as before but it takes less time. Even a foe has a fair chance now in 1v1 providing it's not a redcap. Of course it hemps that the gwf are still hitting the Tab key, thus wasting a precious time.

What's your typical power/encounter setup when running dungeons and PvP?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I dont think this game's perception on the state of a class is by how his opponent is feeling. It should be about the class players themselves.

Then wheres the balance if the GWF has all the say in the matter, get's buffed, and becomes OP again? Perfect example; Mod 2. Did you know GWF's were GODS in Mod 2 because of the GF powers they inherited?
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    cws were still better in pve in mod 2 and 3, and they are still

can you name 1 objective reason why would ppl take gwf to a dungeon instead of a cw ?

dont take that cw better get another gwf - said no one ever
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    this is just a "triumphant topic".

sooner or later the gf will be destroyed too - political balance - another class will "ascend" and people continued without understanding the problem of this game is the anti-professionalism in relation to the cw.
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014

Lord. . .The GF in a dungeon is not running a DPS rotation. . . He is running a utility buff that actually boosts the damage output of his allies and an AOE taunt that while hitting lots of things is not like a Mod 3 Shard and doing explosive damage. He is left with one out-and-out DPS slot. Then you get the Protectors that run through a dungeon with Into the Fray-Enforced Threat-Knight's Valor, doing no damage and spending the entire time holding up guard so their party can just destroy things. Meanwhile, my 14.5k GWF can keep Onslaught up 100% of the fight, gets constant combat advantage from the GF and can run a full damage rotation.

A GF has superior single target burst potential thanks to Lunging, Anvil and Bull Charge, but I can guarantee you, the vast majority of GFs in a T2/T2.5 dungeon are not running those 3 powers at the same time.

And seriously, you are playing wrong if foes can still kill you. My 14.5k GWF runs Kessel's Retreat with no Black Ice resistance (I swop my 2-piece Black Ice armour for full AoW when I get in) and he can do it without a CW and a DC and not drop once while leading the paingiver chart. Play smart. Faceroll is over. Use your class-given mobility. Yes, Kessel's is not a T2.5 dungeon, but just pointing out that I can get my GWF to survive massive damage spikes (Black Ice ignores everything) against tough enemies. I can still solo a Totem. I have to hit and run, luring the enemies off in manageable groups, but it is possible. I was the center point of the Troll Invasion in Dwarven Valley, being the first tank on the scene I cleared the first 3 mobs of Trolls with only the support of a CW and ranged HR. Slow work and I took a lot of damage, but no drops and I survived it until the zerg showed up.
    No.

/10chars

See above. If you can't get your 17k GWF to work then you were probably leaning on Unstoppable like a crutch and got used to having CWs feed things to you.

I've played a GF since Mod 2. I have had a GWF since Mod 3. The Mod 4 GWF is nowhere near as bad as the GF has been. Their struggles are not even comparable.

Saying all of the above, I do support the GWF's requests for a few changes. I think Takedown as a prone is a fair request and I see some are asking for Determination gain to be looked at, maybe buff it in terms of damage taken so it kicks in a little earlier.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    l33thaxxor1l33thaxxor1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
    edited August 2014
    While Sent's or Sent hybrids may be ok in PvP, the Destroyer is not. Destroyer needs some survivability built back in, and burst damage increased to kill fast enough to get have a chance 1v1. Destroyer has never been worth a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> one vs one but was very good asset in domination. Now the damage nerf and DR nerf has killed Destro.

I will never spec Sent. so they can leave Sent alone, Some have said Instigator needs to be the PvP DPS route. Well if Instigator can keep up with Destro DPS in PvE fine but the tree is so broken it ought to just be scrapped.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    While Sent's or Sent hybrids may be ok in PvP, the Destroyer is not. Destroyer needs some survivability built back in, and burst damage increased to kill fast enough to get have a chance 1v1. Destroyer has never been worth a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> one vs one but was very good asset in domination. Now the damage nerf and DR nerf has killed Destro.

I will never spec Sent. so they can leave Sent alone, Some have said Instigator needs to be the PvP DPS route. Well if Instigator can keep up with Destro DPS in PvE fine but the tree is so broken it ought to just be scrapped.

Sounds like you need too stack more defense/deflect/regen on your destroyer then. Because DPS comes naturally for you, but defense doesn't.
  • Options
    nezraalnezraal Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Sounds like you need too stack more defense/deflect/regen on your destroyer then. Because DPS comes naturally for you, but defense doesn't.

Please don't state false facts. If you are new to the game, learn. I am also learning and asking day to day from more experienced GWF.

#1 stat for survivable is HP. Next is Tenacity.

NOT : Defense/deflect/regen to what you are suggesting. Why?

Defense and deflect sucks compared to HP.

1. 5 point feat Sentinel tree has 5% heal + temporary hit points.
    2. CON for GWF gives bonus HP. Personally my CON is 24/25. With a CON belt it can go up to 29 and hit close to 50K HP.
    3. Additionally unstoppable the returns are better.

DR don't work on CW & HR. 75% time half your opponent team will be these. GF will molest you so don't even bother going 1v1 there.

Regen: has healing suppression in PvP Google it up, however I recommend players have close to 1200 regen. Pushing beyond this, there are better returns in Arm Pen, Crit Strike & Power.

The current play style of GWF in PvP is harass, kill and chicken run. It's not even an off tank, more like an assassin with CC resist, which too can be harassed by CW & HR. Statistics and gear wise other classes give better returns. Look from feedbacks in Preview where a lot of geared players tried them out. The class needs boost for PvP and at least one prone. However, I have a stomach for GWF because it's fun to play, which is what matters. A lot of GWF have already re-rolled to GF or CW.