test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fox Shift Changed again on Thursday

stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
edited August 2014 in The Wilds
  • Hunter Ranger
    • Fox Shift: Can now be used without a target again and will properly go on cooldown when used, regardless of whether it hits targets.
    • Rain of Arrows: This power no longer builds AP when cast out of combat.
    • Seismic Shot: Will no longer fire a low resolution humanoid figure when at low video settings.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?736221-Tyranny-of-Dragons-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-25-2014081a-4&p=8764841&viewfull=1#post8764841
GShBCGl.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    serowforsakenserowforsaken Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    stah01 wrote: »
    • seismic shot: Will no longer fire a low resolution humanoid figure when at low video settings.

Too funny!
    60 Hunter Ranger
    The rest still up-and-coming!
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    The nerfs just don't stop for HR.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So they've actually made Fox Shift even more useless?

Super.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    noetic2noetic2 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It is better, but HR they really screwed up the whole class.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    noetic2 wrote: »
    It is better, but HR they really screwed up the whole class.

Its better that if you accidentally hit it you are now without an encounter for 16 seconds. I know I know.. its original form was just too OP and had to be changed.. sike!. Regardless more changes without any explanation.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Its better that if you accidentally hit it you are now without an encounter for 16 seconds. I know I know.. its original form was just too OP and had to be changed.. sike!. Regardless more changes without any explanation.
    If I haven't made myself clear. I HATE what they've done to my HR. Enough that I am probably through with this #$%% game. All the trouble I went to to get it right. And all that work out the window. HR seems like an unmitigated disaster to me, now. The whole point to the class was the extra encounters from switching to melee to ranged. Why mess with that? Two of my favorite feats are gone. None of my favorite powers seem to work like they did. And I die anything another player breaths on me.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    And all you will hear people say is, "learn how to play your class!" or "quit spamming buttons!" which is great when devs change our class once a week. I feel your pain though. Was really fun and interesting before. Uh Oh.. i feel a strong breeze coming.. watch out!!
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    And all you will hear people say is, "learn how to play your class!" or "quit spamming buttons!" which is great when devs change our class once a week. I feel your pain though. Was really fun and interesting before. Uh Oh.. i feel a strong breeze coming.. watch out!!
    The whole class seems ill-conceived to me. Aimed shot and split shot have always been the best way to do damage in pve. Aimed shot when the monsters leave you alone. Split shot when they group together. The encounters were something you did to break the monotony, and keep in practice for pvp. Now, from what I can tell, none of the encounters are worth anything, unless you are a trapper. And then the damage you do is limited. The archer feats allow you do more damage time if you sit back at a distance and punch split shot ad infinitum. But what's the fun in that?
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's an extremely sad change. I couldn't believe it until I tested it.

Stopped upgrading my HR at this point, all AD goes on the CW from now on.
  • Options
    lisaxxiilisaxxii Member Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    What a stupid mechanic! If you miss an encounter it should NOT go on cool down! There should be no consequences for poor play, EVER!

Seriously? This is what you want to complain about?
    Enemy Team
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    lisaxxii wrote: »
    What a stupid mechanic! If you miss an encounter it should NOT go on cool down! There should be no consequences for poor play, EVER!

There are only a handful of encounters in the game that you can miss with at all. And two of them that I can think of off the top of my head have reduced cooldown if you do miss.

I'd have no problem if all encounters had the same mechanic, but the vast majority are auto-hit unless the target dodges.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    epclipseingmoonepclipseingmoon Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Wow so if im in the heat of battle and try foxshift maybe 1 foot out of range then i have to wait 16 whole secs or if im in a fight with tons of mobs and i havent targeted 1 for a random instant when i press it I miss and it goes on cd sounds fun...
    @dimensionallight
    Princess Amber - DC
    Shieldmaiden Amber - GF
    Valkyrie Amber - GWF
    Huntress Amber - HR
  • Options
    xnewyorkhardcorexnewyorkhardcore Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If I haven't made myself clear. I HATE what they've done to my HR. Enough that I am probably through with this #$%% game. All the trouble I went to to get it right. And all that work out the window. HR seems like an unmitigated disaster to me, now. The whole point to the class was the extra encounters from switching to melee to ranged. Why mess with that? Two of my favorite feats are gone. None of my favorite powers seem to work like they did. And I die anything another player breaths on me.

Word up.

I haven't played my HR since day 2 of mod4. Used to be my favorite char. I have tentative plans of deleting it to make room for something else now, but I'm trying to be patient. So much time and energy tweaking something that's now virtually a different class altogether. It went from a really fun char to a worthless piece of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. ...at least for my play style. It's one thing to nurf, it's something entirely different to change the class out from under us, by removing primary powers and replacing them w/ nothing.

I've only begun yesterday to log on again. ...and certainly not for my HR, and for very long. HR was so fun, I'd play for hours on end.
  • Options
    xnewyorkhardcorexnewyorkhardcore Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Haha. I don't use Fox Shift, but that f'n sux.
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Stopped upgrading my HR at this point, all AD goes on the CW from now on.

I have been telling people this literally since Module 1 yet people keep making the mistake of thinking another class will somehow manage to be valued added. Even after massive so-called Nerfs it's still true.

SW might end up being an exception, but like the HR they will probably be nerfed in about 1-3 months. It's the standard order of business with Cryptic. Their control classes are always, always over powered in PvE and they never seem to manage to rein them in.

They also routinely fail at balance with new release classes and end up nerfhammering them flat with subsequent patches. Their content won't let them do that with CW, as everyone well knows, so it is always a safe investment. Or at least it has been thus far, and I've seen wave after wave of CW nerfs absolutely fail in their intended goal. I remain confident that for PvE CW will always be #1 at every one of the trinity roles.

Healing, tanking, and damage. CW's do all three better than any other class, even if perhaps not all three at the same time. So stack 5 of them and win at all content, just to make sure you have one of each.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Wow so if im in the heat of battle and try foxshift maybe 1 foot out of range then i have to wait 16 whole secs or if im in a fight with tons of mobs and i havent targeted 1 for a random instant when i press it I miss and it goes on cd sounds fun...
    ^This.
    Worst nerf to an encounter I've ever seen in this game.
    Do the devs actually play the HR class? This nerf screams "Not since mod 3!"
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • Options
    akacheese90akacheese90 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Sorry, a little off topic but I can't make a new thread.
    For all you Combat Hr's
    Should I start focusing on life steal instead of regen after the new patch? Seems like I would be able to get more lifesteal than regen with the new feats. I am currently using the grim combatant set, trapper's weapons, water, raven skull, and defenders banner. I was using 2x ring of the noble beast for the regen, should I switch it up now?
    Oh, and i tend to be up close and personal with marauders, boar, and fox.
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    lisaxxii wrote: »

It's a serious nerf to a core skill. You really should get over whatever you had against HRs from mod3. They're not really OP anymore.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Eh still have an easier time in PVP on my un-enchanted HR than I do on my SW/TR. Just can't spam my Fox Shift button anymore.
    2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
  • Options
    cryptfoundationcryptfoundation Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    bananachef wrote: »
    Eh still have an easier time in PVP on my un-enchanted HR than I do on my SW/TR. Just can't spam my Fox Shift button anymore.

Then you need to teach me how to play