test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gond Event: Wondrous Thingamabob now requires an additional one to upgrade

dingleberrytruthdingleberrytruth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 25 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hello devs,

I recall correctly that upgrading a wondrous thingamabob requires a series of raw mats to upgrade to a Doohickey.

I've kept 2 of these in my bank fully upgraded. Needing some cash, i brought these out today to upgrade them only to see the recipe changed. Meaning 1 wondrous thingamabob + 1 wondrous thingamabob to upgrade to a doohickey.

I spent zen to full RP 2 wondrous thingamabobs. So both are fully refined... Why would such a change be warranted?
Post edited by dingleberrytruth on

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hello devs,

I recall correctly that upgrading a wondrous thingamabob requires a series of raw mats to upgrade to a Doohickey.

I've kept 2 of these in my bank fully upgraded. Needing some cash, i brought these out today to upgrade them only to see the recipe changed. Meaning 1 wondrous thingamabob + 1 wondrous thingamabob to upgrade to a doohickey.

I spent zen to full RP 2 wondrous thingamabobs. So both are fully refined... Why would such a change be warranted?

My guess is that they fixed the mob drops, due to player complains, so that not only the lowest-rank (grommets, right?) drop any more, and revised the recipes at the same time. That's the only thing that would make sense - it was bad enough before.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • dingleberrytruthdingleberrytruth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    adinosii wrote: »
    My guess is that they fixed the mob drops, due to player complains, so that not only the lowest-rank (grommets, right?) drop any more, and revised the recipes at the same time. That's the only thing that would make sense - it was bad enough before.

I said... Wondrous Thingamabob, the tier before doohickey. Don't confuse any potential solutions pls.
  • dingleberrytruthdingleberrytruth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Would appreciate knowing if this change was intended or just accidental. If intended, was forewarning given?