Install Arc
Options

which boon is better

kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
edited August 2014 in PvE Discussion
I am a gwf,so which of these boon is better for me:3% increased lifesteal or
10% increased incoming healing
thks for your answer in advance

edit:ok guyz let say I choose 10% incoming healing,I use my restoring strike that heals me lets say 100
do I get 110 heals,correct me if wrong
Post edited by kabinoles on

Comments

• Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    A very tricky question indeed, if I ever saw one.
    After elaborating all possible angles that come to mind, I would think the best possible answer is this:

It depends on your build, and an your current gear and enchants. And on your play style.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'd go lifesteal. Just because . . . :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    All depends on your gear and build. If you, for example, solo a lot, use a healer companion and have a lot of regen - go with incoming healing. It just all depends.
  • Options
    drazym123drazym123 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I was under the impression that incoming heal includes life steal as it heals you. So with that said, 10% is greater than 3%. I may be wrong though, so if someone would clarify that would be great.
  • Options
    sancidsancid Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    10% Inc healing hands down
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    drazym123 wrote: »
    I was under the impression that incoming heal includes life steal as it heals you. So with that said, 10% is greater than 3%. I may be wrong though, so if someone would clarify that would be great.

thats with 100% life steal, usually ppl have ~10% lifesteal you hit 10 000, lifesteal gives you 1 000. 1000 * 0.1 = 100 so you get 1 000 + 100 = 1100, with additional 3% lifesteal you would get 1300, that heal increase would work better for tanks/regen
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    cerberobotcerberobot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 345
    edited August 2014
    kabinoles wrote: »
    I am a gwf,so which of these boon is better for me:3% increased lifesteal or
    thks for your answer in advance

Is it Tyranny boon ? If yes I'd obviously take +5% critical severity. And 5% critical severity also applies your actual lifesteal ... 3% is clearly not a lot ... Just get lifesteal enchant or Corrupt. BI if you feel you need lifesteal.
  • Options
    mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    On Combat HRs, I'd have to say +10% incoming healing. Reason being they can hit over 30% lifesteal pretty easily and it'll also boost their Wild's Medicine.

As for every other class, I'm really not that sure. You need to have a decent amount of incoming healing sources for it to be worth it.
  • Options
    sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    life steal for sure, the only thing you need to do for it is dps the healing requires some other healing to be effective.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    For most DCs it would be incoming healing .. for DPS CWs, and TRs, Life Steal....for everyone else...uh, it depends ;)
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    laks0nlaks0n Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Are you all sure incoming healing applies to lifesteal? Or self-regenerating effects for that matter? Mistakes do happen, but I doubt that devs would make a boon choice where you get 2 same boons. If incoming healing affects lifesteal, and is greater than 3%, what is the point of the other boon even existing?
  • Options
    millenniumogmillenniumog Member Posts: 38
    edited August 2014
    laks0n wrote: »
    Are you all sure incoming healing applies to lifesteal? Or self-regenerating effects for that matter? Mistakes do happen, but I doubt that devs would make a boon choice where you get 2 same boons. If incoming healing affects lifesteal, and is greater than 3%, what is the point of the other boon even existing?

I have been wondering this myself. I do not believe Lifesteal is affected by incoming healing bonus. Is anyone able to confirm this?
  • Options
    millenniumogmillenniumog Member Posts: 38
    edited August 2014
    some other threads here

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?665751-Incoming-Healing-Bonus-question

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?670491-IWD-2nd-boon-Appreciation-of-Warmth

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?671611-Someone-explain-quot-Incoming-healing-bonus-quot-to-me

all of which seem to say incoming healing bonus does affect lifesteal and regen, incoming healing from other players (companions as well I guess) but doesn't affect potions.
  • Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    10% incoming will improve all healing (except potion use), it's the obvious choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I am still not convinced that lifesteal counts as "healing" with respect to that boon.

If it did, it would be an absolute waste to choose the lifesteal boon because the incoming healing boon would always be the better choice.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    mxtimemxtime Member Posts: 316 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    i will take incoming heals u take other <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> k
  • Options
    benja32gonsalesbenja32gonsales Member Posts: 236 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    OMG, can just someone with some points on Incoming Healing Bonus and Life Steal go to the game and check if it's affected or not?, it's not so hard...
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    str8slayer wrote: »
    10% incoming will improve all healing (except potion use), it's the obvious choice.

for pve dps classes 3% lifesteal is about 2~3x better

you need 30%+ lifesteal or regen/run with clerics for heal to be better

when i pve as gwf i couldnt give a f about inc healing since about all my healing comes from lifesteal(unless its some fight where i need restoring for heal)

for pvp inc healing would be better
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    pretty sure it was proved in a thread somewhere that incoming healing bonuses do not effect life steal.
  • Options
    mxtimemxtime Member Posts: 316 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    akemnos wrote: »
    pretty sure it was proved in a thread somewhere that incoming healing bonuses do not effect life steal.

no it doesnt affect pots it affects life steal
  • Options
    lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    kabinoles wrote: »
    3% increased lifesteal or

Incoming healing includes lifeSteal, so it's like you have 10% more lifeSteal. That's already better than the LifeSteal bonus. Plus the regen, the lifedrink, the healing boons, the xvim set and so on.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • Options
    qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Reguarding the opinion that 10% healing bonus is straight better than +3% lifesteal:
    Ignoring other healing sources you need 30% life steal before +10% healing bonus will be more extra healing than +3% life steal. GL with that.

All that said, the 10% healing bonus is for non-life steal synergy.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    In pve incoming healing bonus is useless
  • Options
    damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    To clarify as others have said incoming healing applies to all healing but potions and soulforge.

This includes lifesteal, regen, cleric, sw and pet heals.
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
  • Options
    lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    qutsemnie wrote: »
    Reguarding the opinion that 10% healing bonus is straight better than +3% lifesteal:

It all depends on what they mean with their cryptic, deceiptive "+3% life steal". Let's say you have 1000 Life steal and it gives you a 10% of your damage in heal.
    If "+3% life steal" means your LS is now 1030, then the gain in terms of incoming heal is almost zero.
    If "+3% life steal" means you're still at 1000 but the damage converted into heal is now 13%, then it becomes significant.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.