test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dear NW Devs (or whoever), i'd like to admit i'd pay to see...

rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
edited August 2014 in PvE Discussion
a PVP mode where you can set custom filters

you can create a "room" that locks out certain abilities/classes/enchantments/etc.

like say, create a room where only CWs can join, and they can't use ICE knife

another room where you can "ban" HRs

before you start complaining about "wtf why"

you can always start your own "pvp room" if you don't like what's available

THIS WOULD SOLVE all the "imbalance" imo

i can't imagine what the problem would be with adding this type of pvp mode
Post edited by rotatorkuf on

Comments

• Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    rotatorkuf wrote: »
    a PVP mode where you can set custom filters

you can create a "room" that locks out certain abilities/classes/enchantments/etc.

like say, create a room where only CWs can join, and they can't use ICE knife

another room where you can "ban" HRs

before you start complaining about "wtf why"

you can always start your own "pvp room" if you don't like what's available

i'd straight up pay you guys $20 a month if you added this mode

THIS WOULD SOLVE all the "imbalance" imo

i can't imagine what the problem would be with adding this type of pvp mode

That it would be an absolutely massive job of coding that would probably take a good year to write and qa before release to get it even to cryptic's satisfaction about bug free.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    That it would be an absolutely massive job of coding that would probably take a good year to write and qa before release to get it even to cryptic's satisfaction about bug free.

right, cause they don't release bugged content

idk how it would be a "massive" job of coding

take your baseless negativity elsewhere!
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I don't understand how his concern would be "baseless" --it would require a massive undertaking when there are so many other things that need to be done for something that would solely cater to the min/max and elitist PVP crowd (which is, frankly, a smaller portion of the playerbase than people would like to think), and there isn't a company I know of that releases bug free content...that's just one of the realities of programming.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I don't understand how his concern would be "baseless" --it would require a massive undertaking when there are so many other things that need to be done for something that would solely cater to the min/max and elitist PVP crowd (which is, frankly, a smaller portion of the playerbase than people would like to think), and there isn't a company I know of that releases bug free content...that's just one of the realities of programming.

1. "massive undertaking", gonna have to explain how exactly it would be "massive" undertaking to add the ability to create a ruleset for a pvp room, all i can see being "troublesome" is having to handle all the different rulesets, but maybe you can limit the number of rulesets you can make, also, i'm not saying this should be implemented ASAP, but it would be great to have down the road

2. "cater to min max, elitist pvp crowd" - what? huh? how? you've lost all credibilty here, i'm sorry, if anything, this would be ANTI elitist, min/max crowd.....you can set up rooms to prevent the "elitist" or the "min/max" crowd from joining, (block rank 10 enchants, block perfect enchants, block ppl with 13k or higher GS, just a few examples)

3. i never implied or said there exists such a company, the only implication made was in the 2nd post of this thread, "until they are satisfied that it is completely bug free" <<< an implication that a company INDEED does release bug free content...but this point is irrelevant to OP
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    "Generic negativity to this idea"
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Read a little closer I said cryptics satisfaction about the bug state, not that it would be.

As far as why, it would be an entirely new lobby mode to be added in. One not currently a part of the engine at all. Which means that an entire addition to the engine would be needed. This is a major undertaking, that would take much more than what is currently released as part of the modules.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Read a little closer I said cryptics satisfaction about the bug state, not that it would be.

As far as why, it would be an entirely new lobby mode to be added in. One not currently a part of the engine at all. Which means that an entire addition to the engine would be needed. This is a major undertaking, that would take much more than what is currently released as part of the modules.

i'm not sure i understand what you're trying to accomplish by posting this, yes, it would be AN undertaking, perhaps they would need to add more stuff, but, you're making it seem as if this is reason enough alone to NOT implement an idea like this (obviously not tomorrow, but down the road)

which frankly to me, is pretty crazy to think that haha, "nope, too much work, peace"
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    1. "massive undertaking", gonna have to explain how exactly it would be "massive" undertaking to add the ability to create a ruleset for a pvp room, all i can see being "troublesome" is having to handle all the different rulesets, but maybe you can limit the number of rulesets you can make, also, i'm not saying this should be implemented ASAP, but it would be great to have down the road

2. "cater to min max, elitist pvp crowd" - what? huh? how? you've lost all credibilty here, i'm sorry, if anything, this would be ANTI elitist, min/max crowd.....you can set up rooms to prevent the "elitist" or the "min/max" crowd from joining, (block rank 10 enchants, block perfect enchants, block ppl with 13k or higher GS, just a few examples)

3. i never implied or said there exists such a company, the only implication made was in the 2nd post of this thread, "until they are satisfied that it is completely bug free" <<< an implication that a company INDEED does release bug free content...but this point is irrelevant to OP

Bottom line:

What you're asking for basically is private PVP rooms as a paid service...and frankly, it doesn't seem all that realistic. Furthermore, PVP is content. Content behind a paywall is something that Cryptic promised they wouldn't do...and before you get started on the "races are content and THEY'RE behind a paywall...," just don't.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    It still does not change the fact that this is something solely to cater to a small portion of the player base that would use up resources better devoted to other areas of Neverwinter.

As to calling it a "massive undertaking" that's being said because on the face of your argument you appear to be underestimating the amount of coding required by an order of magnitude at least. It's not as simple as "a ruleset here, a ruleset there".

What you're asking for basically is private PVP rooms as a paid service...and frankly, it doesn't seem all that realistic.

obviously i was joking about the $$, it was just to demonstrate my love for an idea like this to be implemented

and honestly, i don't know how you can say it would cater to a small crowd man lol, i understand sometimes it's hard to accept we were wrong on an argument....but you have to admit, it would help things

there's a lot of people right, A LOT, that avoid pvp, ONLY because of how elitist it is, or how bad matchmaking is

this would alleviate all those problems, you can have all those people that avoid pvp because of this, create a "fun/relaxed pvp" room, where they can complete their dailies without having to worry about getting roflstomped by "hardcore" pvpers

this would create more players interested in PVP, and in turn, create a bigger "fanbase" for cryptic/neverwinter

i can go on and on, but i'm not sure you're willing to accept this as being helpful

i can concede the fact that this might be a massive undertaking

can you concede the fact that it doesn't/wouldn't cater to a small "hardcore" population?

i'm amazed right now that i'm being met with resistance, just asking for the idea to be considered, added to the wish list
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    As noted in my edited response above, it's still something Cryptic wouldn't do. Offering what amounts to a private PVP service behind a paywall goes against their "content will never be paid" pledge.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

• Options
    edited August 2014
    As noted in my edited response above, it's still something Cryptic wouldn't do. Offering what amounts to a private PVP service behind a paywall goes against their "content will never be paid" pledge.

oh lawd, i was joking about the $$

can you please change the title? i'll my change my OP to remove any reference to $$

it is NOT what i wanted to imply, that i would pay $20 solely for this "service", albeit it seems people are interpreting it that way

plus, by the way, you keep making really weird comments "content will never be paid" pledge...you're making me feel terrible about supporting this game with your comments man lol

ummm...moon elf...dragonborn race....hidden behind paywall, or am i wrong? please convince me i'm wrong
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    oh lawd, i was joking about the $$

can you please change the title? i'll my change my OP to remove any reference to $$

it is NOT what i wanted to imply, that i would pay $20 solely for this "service", albeit it seems people are interpreting it that way

plus, by the way, you keep making really weird comments "content will never be paid" pledge...you're making me feel terrible about supporting this game with your comments man lol

ummm...moon elf...dragonborn race....or am i wrong? please convince me i'm wrong

Races aren't content. Races are cosmetic. They're the pixels that show up when you log into your character. You can play the entirety of all dungeons, leveling areas, PVP maps regardless of race. But that argument has been done to death over and over again and not just in this game.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Races aren't content. Races are cosmetic. You can play the entirety of all dungeons, leveling areas, PVP maps regardless of race.

i'd like to see you convince people of that opinion

they WOULD be cosmetic, if it would just a skin change, but they're not, they have difference racial benefits
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    i'd like to see you convince people of that opinion

There have been arguments all over different forums and each person has their opinion. See also: SWTOR and Cathar....or any other race in that game that still requires a paid unlock even with a full subscription despite the statement that "all subscribers have full and unrestricted access to all game content".

Nonetheless, that's an argument for another thread and that dead horse has been beaten already.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

• Options
    edited August 2014
    There have been arguments all over different forums and each person has their opinion. See also: SWTOR and Cathar....or any other race in that game that still requires a paid unlock even with a full subscription despite the statement that "all subscribers have full and unrestricted access to all game content".

Nonetheless, that's an argument for another thread and that dead horse has been beaten already.

fair enough
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    obviously i was joking about the $$, it was just to demonstrate my love for an idea like this to be implemented

and honestly, i don't know how you can say it would cater to a small crowd man lol, i understand sometimes it's hard to accept we were wrong on an argument....but you have to admit, it would help things

there's a lot of people right, A LOT, that avoid pvp, ONLY because of how elitist it is, or how bad matchmaking is

this would alleviate all those problems, you can have all those people that avoid pvp because of this, create a "fun/relaxed pvp" room, where they can complete their dailies without having to worry about getting roflstomped by "hardcore" pvpers

this would create more players interested in PVP, and in turn, create a bigger "fanbase" for cryptic/neverwinter

i can go on and on, but i'm not sure you're willing to accept this as being helpful

i can concede the fact that this might be a massive undertaking

can you concede the fact that it doesn't/wouldn't cater to a small "hardcore" population?

i'm amazed right now that i'm being met with resistance, just asking for the idea to be considered, added to the wish list

Actually the people I talked to that don't pvp don't pvp because they don't like the competitive nature of it to start with. So I doubt this would appeal to any wider of an audience.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Actually the people I talked to that don't pvp don't pvp because they don't like the competitive nature of it to start with. So I doubt this would appeal to any wider of an audience.

you just said what i wrote in different words man

what is your deal? lol

"elitist" ~ "competitive"

"nonelisist" ~ "noncompetitive"

stop trolling
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    you just said what i wrote in different words man

what is your deal? lol

"elitist" ~ "competitive"

"nonelisist" ~ "noncompetitive"

stop trolling
    No, you just aren't getting the point, those are not synonyms. A person by person contest is by it's very nature a competition and that is what they don't like. It has nothing to do with elitism. Just because you can't handle someone disagreeing with you doesn't mean they are trolling.
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    well... I would pay a version "single (offline) / multiplayer" of nw since I had control over the updates that I was downloading (like class updates). so, you can create roms like "only hr pvp" or "mix class pve", etc or que alone for epic karru.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    i'm pretty sad that more people aren't jumping on this idea

there's absolutely nothing negative about it

and the only point made was the amount of effort/work required to implement it, which is obviously fine, i don't mind waiting for it to be implemented as long as it's being considered on a wish list

i guess i'm a sole minority interested in this mode
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i'm pretty sad that more people aren't jumping on this idea

there's absolutely nothing negative about it

and the only point made was the amount of effort/work required to implement it, which is obviously fine, i don't mind waiting for it to be implemented as long as it's being considered on a wish list

i guess i'm a sole minority interested in this mode

It's a good idea but the reality is that balancing stuff and classes is Cryptic's responsibility, not ours. If we need to police PvP ourselves we're in deep trouble.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's a good idea but the reality is that balancing stuff and classes is Cryptic's responsibility, not ours. If we need to police PvP ourselves we're in deep trouble.

Because it worked so well here for PvE that players had to form a /Legit channel....

(Note that /Legit is not just purely about playing without exploits but also about accepting all classes and GS scores that can queue for a dungeon.)
  • Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited August 2014

your right these days theres no such thing as debugging code its just put out there and fixed after someone complains

odd you say the pvp elitist crowd is a minority since this game has been nerfed time and again from such elitist crowds complaints

im not saying that this is a good idea it would just make for even longer queues for someones want of an easy mode pvp with no challange i like that i can get killed in pvp and i actually complement people if they play well
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    reilz1981 wrote: »
    your right these days theres no such thing as debugging code its just put out there and fixed after someone complains

odd you say the pvp elitist crowd is a minority since this game has been nerfed time and again from such elitist crowds complaints

im not saying that this is a good idea it would just make for even longer queues for someones want of an easy mode pvp with no challange i like that i can get killed in pvp and i actually complement people if they play well

you can still make a "room" to satisfy these cravings
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    To the OP the developers won't add anything that ' splits up ' the pvp community , its the same reason they refused to add foundry/player made pvp arenas.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif