test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Professions no longer finish and are ready for collection while you are offline?

iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Before module 4 when you set up Leadership tasks for the night you would log on the next day and all of them would be instantly ready for collection , now since module 4 when you log on if you open up professions you have to sit and wait for them to complete one by one , whats that about? xD
YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Noticed this too :(
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I can only guess the queued completion is to combat bots running scripts to do leadership.

I've taken to just doing them on gateway.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Maybe they heard our request for a collect all button and decided to troll us by doing the opposite.
    wimpazoid wrote: »
    I can only guess the queued completion is to combat bots running scripts to do leadership.

If it was then that would be the stupidest idea ever. You shouldn't annoy players to attempt to combat bots. Of which their scripts could just be readjusted.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    wimpazoid wrote: »

That would be an awful idea as bots have no issue waiting for tasks to be completed. Actual human players, however, (generally!) have other things to do....

It would simply end up annoying players and barely affect the bots. In fact it could well be totally anti-productive if Leadership gets so annoying that players decide not bother and the gold-sellers make more profit from selling AD.....
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's been bug reported but so far no response. If it was an intentional change (which I hope it wasn't) it was decidely player unfriendly and a move int he opposite direction of where it should be going. By now I would hope they would have incorporated a "collect all" as well as "collect and repeat" buttons into professions.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm sure it was intentional. It's turrible, just turrible.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • fallout1111fallout1111 Member Posts: 71
    edited August 2014
    No doubt "working as intended".
    Incidentally, the browser gateway has been down more than it has been up since August 14th.
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Intentional change.

Why?

Cryptic's Star Trek Online has a problem where it's not completing their own 'crafting' systems and Cryptic tried to combat it by giving everything a 5 second cooldown just like how NW now works.

...of course it hasn't solved all the issues, and now all the players have a 5 second delay (and you can have up to 28 of their 'crafting' things queued up, unlike NW's max of 9). So it's just -slightly- more annoying there.