test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GF - Request for opinions - Tactician or Protector for Dungeons (Team)

chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2014 in The Militia Barracks
I have a Conqueror IV for the fun of it.

I also have a level 60 (who needs gear) who was raised as a Protector IV. He wants to be as useful as possible to a dungeon diving team. I sorta gave up on guilding, so will likely be using Legit and such to get into teams.

Anyway- Forced feat reset. So I have re-selected my Heroics. I am now trying to decide whether to stick with Protector or try Tactician.

Str- 21
Con- 27
Dex- 17
Int- 13
Wis- 11
Cha- 13

I basically would like to know some opinions of people who team-dive often.. which would you rather have along? Tactician or Protector?

I know there are tons of posts, and I have a ton of bookmarks. But they are all so cluttered.. XD

(I ran a full battery of DR and Shar dailies yesterday with no feats at all, not even heroics. It was as easy as it was with full feats before the mod was released. So not too worried about how the choice impacts solo play.)
Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
Post edited by chaoscourtesan on

Comments

• cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Tactician last feat gives more AP for anyone in a radius when you're taking damage, I'd say thats pretty good for team. The rest of the tactician skills aren't bad for team either.

I'm slightly biased towards tactician though because I've never played protector.
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I am very much torn between the options of supplying Tactician's buffs (which look great) and Protector's abilty to draw fire and soak up damage for the party.

I mostly am just looking for folks to sound off about which they would select when picking one to bring along, assuming both had similar quality stats/gear/ability.

Thanks again!
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
  • panisch420panisch420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    you can soak damage without being protector. even a conq can run kv permanently. IMO there is no need for being protector if you are experienced enough to not eat all the red circles/big hits there are. bit of avoidance and movement and you are better off going tactician.
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thanks, that helps. All my teaming experience on GF is with Conqueror, and most of that was long ago when Conquerors did noticeable damage.

KV is new to me, I will be using a lot of powers that I never really used before, I think. (Previously all encounters were assault encounters. Other encounters like ITF were used on request.)