test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Change of Stealth Detection?

ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
edited August 2014 in PvE Discussion
Hey guys,

Has anybody else noticed a change of the stealth detection distance?

I feel like I have to be right on top of stealthed enemies in order to attack them. It was always a pain dealing with a permastealth but normally because they would run away before they would die but now I am finding it hard to get them even on the point?

Yesterday we had 4 people and two thorn wards on the point and we still could not find him. I don't have slow reaction times but it seemed like as soon as his silhouette appeared it would disapear more because of me walking out of range than him running away.

Anybody else noticing a change in difficulty finding stealthed targets?

P.S. Please don't make this about how you should never be having 4 people trying to kill a rogue. Well aware. We won that match anyway but that rogue died maybe once and never left that point. Didn't even do the normal run for my life and loop back around.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Didn't notice any change, still can apply Careful Attack in the time I see a TR in stealth.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't know if any graphics change may have altered things (I hear some say graphics are better and some say different/worse). I mention this as I was told that the lower you set your graphics the further one could pick up the stealthed TR (was told that on lowest setting you could always see them but I have a high end card and it stays at max settings so I never tried for fear of messing something up in the seemingly fickle settings).
  • Options
    jasonbhoy7jasonbhoy7 Member Posts: 53
    edited August 2014
    I was on my tr yesterday and seemed to get spotted a lot easier and further away than usual. I had a gf and cw or 2 cw on me the full time while back capping and had to stop setting up my flurrys and just hold point and stay still and move when they moved, it was really weird. So the total opposite of what you are noticing. However, in saying that; whenever I'm on any other class I can usually find a rogue easy because I main a rogue and know how you need to move etc, so who knows, maybe I was up against good players or maybe it was latency .
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Perhaps it is a graphics issue then. I had no problems with finding permastealth TR with my HR in Mod 3.

Right now it seems like I have to be touching them to see them and by the time I get to see them they vanish again.

I'm finding it significantly harder. Shouldn't as nothing changed with TR balance but it is a significant difference to me.
  • Options
    mxtimemxtime Member Posts: 316 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    i nothiced it to
    i hope it gets fixed as soon as possible together with stealth fix ( depleting stealth with at wills)
    whats the point having one class that can hold 5 people on cap and solo dungeons
    its just crazy
  • Options
    mdpoysermdpoyser Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I feel like I get seen a lot easier. But its only during certain games it seems like, others it feels like its working normal

They already tried that stealth fix, and it didn't work, doubt they would try the same thing again. Expect an overhaul if any changes are made
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I knew applying body glitter as a rogue was a bad idea!
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Not exactly stealth related perhaps, but I've seen DCs vanish in front of my eyes only to return when I moved the camera.

Thanks god I'm not crazy. I was starting to think that I'm losing my mind. I've seen enemy characters to just completely disappear and then show up like nothing happend.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Thanks god I'm not crazy. I was starting to think that I'm losing my mind. I've seen enemy characters to just completely disappear and then show up like nothing happend.

Hmm I've experienced GWFs appearing out of nowhere right next to me. Figured I just wasn't paying attention but it happened twice that I noticed.

As for the stealth thing, TRs do seem a little harder to find, but it may just be me having to get used to CW being slower than my HR.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    gwfs have deft strike now
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    gwfs have deft strike now

I don't know what the deal is but the two times it happened are about the only two times I've been scared by a GWF on my CW.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    GWF used to always go invisible for me after using one of their dailys, think its avalanche, the one they are immune and jump in the air and slam the ground and prones.
  • Options
    cerberobotcerberobot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 345
    edited August 2014
    jasonbhoy7 wrote: »
    GWF used to always go invisible for me after using one of their dailys, think its avalanche, the one they are immune and jump in the air and slam the ground and prones.

The daily is "Crescendo".
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    No it's not Crescendo, it's Avalanche of Steel that I was trying to describe, 'Leap into the air and come down with a crushing force that leaves your enemies Prone'