test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CW PVP damage needs a nerf

kyobi16kyobi16 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 68 Arc User
edited August 2014 in PvE Discussion
with the right feats and encounters CWs are melting GFs in 5s someone need to take a look at this they have way to much control and assiliant/storm spell procs are absurd.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    geeq5geeq5 Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Here we go!
  • Options
    ixalmarisixalmaris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    kyobi16 wrote: »
    with the right feats and encounters CWs are melting GFs in 5s someone need to take a look at this

Looks like it is working as intended.
    Just look at what happened to Star Trek Online. Cryptic found out that damage sells better than defense and so the game became more and more DPS centric till the amount of burst DPS you could do was the only thing that mattered.
  • Options
    millenniumogmillenniumog Member Posts: 38
    edited August 2014
    geeq5 wrote: »
    Here we go!

Already!

feel the dooooooooooom!
  • Options
    doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    "This is not the term you are looking for, I believe the word you want to use is adjustment" (end jedi mind trick use)

The term "nerf" really should be banned.

I have not gotten to play yet, but so far sounds like a lot of patches this way comes.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm saying it again: It does absolutely make no sense to compare the GF/CW 1v1 matchup right now because some major bugs regarding the block mechanic are working against your Guardian here.
  • Options
    izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited August 2014
    I have been kicking the butts of those GWF's, HR's and TR's that singled me out in pvp each and every time...no mercy now.

Give me more tears!!!
  • Options
    windquakewindquake Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    37/2/14 CW in pvp oneshoting almsot every1. In pve 140k crit...okay.PNG
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    izidius wrote: »
    I have been kicking the butts of those GWF's, HR's and TR's that singled me out in pvp each and every time...no mercy now.

Give me more tears!!!

I have only heard one roar since the patch, which I find strange considering all the chain roaring GWF told me that they always used it and that exploiting the bug effect had nothing to do with it at all. Seriously it went from "ROAR, ROAR, ROAR, ROAR, ROAR" to 'crickets'.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have only heard one roar since the patch, which I find strange considering all the chain roaring GWF told me that they always used it and that exploiting the bug effect had nothing to do with it at all. Seriously it went from "ROAR, ROAR, ROAR, ROAR, ROAR" to 'crickets'.

It wasn't just fixed it was nerfed too.
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ah I was not aware of that, I thought it was just a fix.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Lmfao! I did 3 matches straight...not a single GWF O.o ...bunch of archers, wizards and GF's and a handful of rogues.
  • Options
    relativityrelativity Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    @OP

Isn't it a bit too early to cry for nerfs? I don't know if you tried your GF on preview, but I tried my CW and there was no other way then to adjust. To figure out how to change my play style took me more then 4 hours, in fact - process is not over yet. I found myself giving up tab encounter for shield (so far it's worth it, since I'm not chill thauma nor oppressor), I had to give up shard and icy rays. And... I'm using Maelstrom of Chaos, which I still can't believe I'm doing. O.O I was able to play only two pvps today, both v. satisfactory, therefore it pays off so far.

Give yourself some time to find your tactics. Every class hit by m4 has to start adjusting to changes. And mind you, I'm not too happy about them myself, since I stick to CW tree most crippled by m4 changes.
    Bids he then the spruces to singer him an anthems!
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
    And the Woodsie Lord binders them fleshes to stone!
  • Options
    mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This problem stems from storm spell procing on chill stacks which was fixed in yesterdays preview build but for some weird reason the live version is having this happen now.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Also slightly off topic but still kinda on topic...does anyone else get a weird stuttering lag when they go near the enemy base? That started happening sometimes for me today :S
  • Options
    relativityrelativity Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    izidius wrote: »
    Also slightly off topic but still kinda on topic...does anyone else get a weird stuttering lag when they go near the enemy base? That started happening sometimes for me today :S

Haven't noticed that. Could it be your opponents evil magics? ;-)
    Bids he then the spruces to singer him an anthems!
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
    And the Woodsie Lord binders them fleshes to stone!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    relativity wrote: »
    Haven't noticed that. Could it be your opponents evil magics? ;-)

I dunno what it is, super weird and a bit annoying :( hope it stops soon.
  • Options
    windquakewindquake Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    relativity wrote: »
    @OP

Isn't it a bit too early to cry for nerfs?

Just logged my cw 9.2k gs no weapon enchantment and I had 23/6 and I am doing a ****ing ton of dmg cante ven imagine having a good gear and vorpal
  • Options
    therealroberttherealrobert Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    kyobi16 wrote: »
    with the right feats and encounters CWs are melting GFs in 5s someone need to take a look at this they have way to much control and assiliant/storm spell procs are absurd.

CW does not need a nerf. If you play GF, you are a support class! If you're trying to 1v1 a fighter class, it's your own fault.
    Learn to play.
    ESTUPRADOR
    - Brazil PvP Fraternité -
    Rank 7
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    CW isn't a fighter class, it's a controller class, GF is a warrior and it should be the CW who has a hard time battling a GF, not the other way around.
    Anyway, lots of things will surely change in these days/weeks, so just hang on for now, and player feedback is very important.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    CW isn't a fighter class, it's a controller class, GF is a warrior and it should be the CW who has a hard time battling a GF, not the other way around.
    Anyway, lots of things will surely change in these days/weeks, so just hang on for now, and player feedback is very important.
    No, it's exactly the opposite of what you said. It should be the Defender who has a hard time battling a Controller. That's how things work in D&D.
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have played two PvP matches today. And I found that all classes' damage is noticeably increased, not only CW's. In the past, if a GWF, GF, TR, or HR, needs to spend 10 seconds to kill me, now they only spend 6 or so.
  • Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ^^^
    No they don't.In DnD Fighters rule supreme.Conmtrollers are support classes
  • Options
    catalinr94catalinr94 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 41
    edited August 2014
    cw is fine, hr needs his damage and healing reduced a little, then everything will be balanced
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    please read forum rule 3.15:

Rule 3.15 - No Petitions, Ultimatums or Hostile Demands
    . . . . Please keep feedback constructive and within a format for Community Discussion. Disallowed topics include things like, "Please Nerf This Class" and anything without the direction of a constructive Community Discussion. Also, "Pay to Win" argument threads and posts are prohibited as they always end in circular arguments that are not conductive of a healthy discussion.

thanks.
This discussion has been closed.