test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GF Loss power (Tyranny of Dragons)

tuncdragomirtuncdragomir Member Posts: 39
edited August 2014 in The Militia Barracks
Before the patch my guardian fighter power was 6.2k now i see only 3.4..Is it normal,abt the patch?
Post edited by tuncdragomir on

Comments

• myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Wow! How did you get 6200 power rating? Got a bunch of r10 enchants?
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You can have my power. Give me back my shield. Melts in half the time, and offers 80%. WTH.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The Conquerer capstone changed from doubling your power to a 5% damage and 2% crit bonus (max of 5 stacks).
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    They re-worked the Conqueror capstone feat: Reckless Attacker: *Rework* When struck in combat you gain Reckless Attacker. Reckless Attacker increases your damage by 5% and Critical chance by 2%. Reckless Attacker lasts 10 seconds and stacks up to 5 times.

So the feat is no longer tied to your block, and has added crit.
  • qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    re: You can have my power. Give me back my shield. Melts in half the time, and offers 80%. WTH.

That's weird. I haven't had a chance to do anything but IWD and the new first dragon campaign area, but I feel indestructible compared to mod 3. I can't figure out how anyone runs out of guard meter that is doing encounter powers too with Into the Fray in the mix. You must just stand with it on, but that never worked in mod 3 anyway.
  • tuncdragomirtuncdragomir Member Posts: 39
    edited August 2014
    Got it .... ty.
  • panisch420panisch420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    qutsemnie wrote: »
    re: You can have my power. Give me back my shield. Melts in half the time, and offers 80%. WTH.

That's weird. I haven't had a chance to do anything but IWD and the new first dragon campaign area, but I feel indestructible compared to mod 3. I can't figure out how anyone runs out of guard meter that is doing encounter powers too with Into the Fray in the mix. You must just stand with it on, but that never worked in mod 3 anyway.

100% agreed, ran a few epic tos, KV permanently running. the blockmeter lasts forever now, it's not even funny. before, i was always trying to "save" my block for occasions i might need it, now it's almost impossible to get it to empty if im using my abilities.
    edited August 2014
    I dunno. I guess maybe I spoke too soon.. will have to actually go do some stuff. I was talking about just standing there with it on in PE. And watching the bar just disappear like pouring out a glass of water. Before this patch, it ran out very slowly, no matter who or how many were beating on it.

There were certain red-patch attacks that would bring it down pretty quick.. but l could do the guarded assault thing against three war trolls, kill them all and not take a single point of damage before this patch.

Edit-Thanks for cheering me up some.. Maybe it's not as bad as I thought.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
  • daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've done a couple hours of solo PvE and I feel overpowered (swordmaster 60, GS 16.5-17K) compared to before.
    The shield lasts long enough, even with my profound set seemingly not giving its bonus.

I only tried PvP once, but I had a different configuration than usual so I don't know yet, even if I think my GF as the potential to be more efficient there too.
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • lisaxxiilisaxxii Member Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »

No, he's counting the old capstone which has changed from something terrible into something awesome. He just probably doesn't know it changed.

Pugs and all you know.
    Enemy Team
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014

Go fight a decent GWF in PVP. 4/4 Profound Preserver, Profound Necklace of Dominance, Grim Belt of Dominance, 2x Purified Rings, 2/2 Ancient Grand Knight's weapon set, Shield Talent slotted, 47.5% DR, 25% deflection, 20% Tenacity, 38k HP, he stunned me through my guard and killed me through my guard. The old tactic of letting a GWF go Unstoppable and then just blocking his big hits doesn't work anymore. IBS hits like a truck through the shield and as mentioned, I was getting stunned by FLS through the shield. You are perpetually bleeding HP in a fight.

It is a POS in PVP.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
    edited August 2014
    Even if true are you claiming GFvsGWF has GF worse off in mod 4 then in mod 3?
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Even if true are you claiming GFvsGWF has GF worse off in mod 4 then in mod 3?

In my opinion, against a good GWF, the shield is worse. The GFs damage output is much improved, but the shield is trash. I'd take the old one back in a hurry.

I'm also not the only person to highlight the fact that certain CCs are penetrating the shield. What good is guard when CWs, HRs and GWFs can CC/Stun you through your supposed phase of immunity?
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Seeing that sprinting can even give CC immunity (GWF*cough*... all the more reason that Blocking SHOULD give CC immunity.. I think this is just an oversight..
  • sirrodneysirrodney Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's not just in PvP, either. Was running Icespire Peak on one of my GFs yesterday, and even with their damage (mostly) blocked, the knockback portion of many attacks was still occurring where previously it would not. Made fighting the Rimefire Golems on the path up to the peak itself a real hassle, since they were able to chain-KB me at points while I was trying to get hits in. That some of the stronger GF attacks have long(ish) animations wasn't helping, either.

The 20% bleed-through made the previous 'turtle' method (hunker down and spam shield bash) no longer viable, since they hit like trucks by default. On the good side, they weren't breaking my guard like they used to sometimes do.

Agreed on Blocking giving CC immunity; GFs have no option to make a fast escape from red zones, and many of same tack long(ish) duration CC effects onto their ridiculously heavy damage that can get you killed if you try to move out of range/the path. It doesn't help that you often have to have the shield up before they even launch the attack, since some of these are fast-casting and spammable and, as such, will tag you before you can block them if you're in the middle of one of the long animations on many of the GF's better attacks. Which leaves you open to a follow-up smash or another CC move, or (especially when fighting bosses) both.

Foulspawn Hulks and some of the Werewolves in Vellosk are particular offenders in this regard; the former can suck you inside their sprite, which makes blocking the follow-up smash (and it's attendant heavy KB) almost impossible to block due to it actually hitting you from behind, while the latter can chain-prone you to death if the first one lands since almost all of their attacks have one attached. These can both be dealt with if you're on your toes, but they make said fights unnecessarily frustrating.

Now, I haven't yet tested on my L60 partially geared-out GF yet, but I have a feeling he will be suffering even more in Icewind Dale (which was already rough for his 10.4K GS) and will get rather battered by the heavy hitters in Sharandar. Dread Ring won't change much, since they attack significantly more slowly.
  • vitaliy1717vitaliy1717 Member Posts: 55
    edited August 2014
    Yea, no CC immunity is very bad. :(
    OneHalf (15,5 TR)
    Diana (15,4 DC)
    BigHalf (15,5 GF)
    edited August 2014
    Nah, you guys were right, this isn't so bad. Just ran Dread spire with no feats selected, wearing only dread servitor gear (blues) and didn't even really notice a difference between premod4 and now. So yeah. This will work.
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »

Pfft, my conq had over 10K power before mod4 changed reckless attacker with R7s (well a couple of 8s). 6k power I've got on my HR.
    edited August 2014
    I did a Kessel's. In mod 3 I had it worked down to a trivial cakewalk. In mod 4 it was laggy (which I think might be part of it), and I never died, but it was a train wreck of near death. I attribute some of this to a higher skill cap on the GF, and some to the lag, but something else was up too.
  • evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I had over 12k power mod3 for something like 69% bonus damage, now even with 5 stacks of RA it's only 61%. Yes, I get an extra 10% crit as well, but that's not reliable and I have to get hit 5 times to get this bonus.

This is a major NERF for me.

Example: Villinthrax in Whispering caverns. Currently dies in 10seconds with 30+ people attacking. I'm lucky to get hit 2 times before it dies so my damage is far less than what it would have been mod3. And no I can't get the stacks up beforehand because by the time the cutscene is over they have gone. So in HE's which are a DPS race I'm worse off than before, although my AoD crit for 102k (with no vorpal,fray or KC) but I still couldn't get Great Success in over 40 attempts.

Also the RA bonus drops off between mobs so I start out weaker every time, and since I hardly ever use shield, I am always worse off - and the new shield is useless since nearly all CC goes through it.

Also thanks for the waste of the 1.55m AD's upgrading my sellsword for the 600 power bonus, which is now only 300 and is off to the idle slots.