test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New legendary belt

sr2normandysr2normandy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 56
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi guys, will be possible to wear new legendary Belts on augment companion? Does the companion give those stats and plus ability to me?
Post edited by sr2normandy on

Comments

• mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Interesting question.

Another one someone also asked today in chat was if Black Ice 'ticked down' on companions, but no-one knew that either...
  • shunterinoshunterino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hi guys, will be possible to wear new legendary Belts on augment companion? Does the companion give those stats and plus ability to me?

No they can't be worn by companions. It's in the sticky on preview forum, first post.
  • sr2normandysr2normandy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 56
    edited August 2014
    shunterino wrote: »
    No they can't be worn by companions. It's in the sticky on preview forum, first post.

Ok, thank you, much appreciated!
  • gaijinr0ckergaijinr0cker Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i have a question about that.

Today i saw a guy and realized he have a a lot of ability score then i calculated whole point him the score is 118 then i calculated mine points its 101 i got a artifact belt too how can this is possible ? does the companion can wear up the artifact gear or whats happening ?
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Tried that, doesn't work, no soup for my companion! :(
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Different initial stat rolls?...
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    shadevp wrote: »
    Different initial stat rolls?...

I thought the initial stat rolls were pretty much evenly distributed so that total points for everyone were within a very narrow range.

It is the "one stat goes up, another goes down" effect. I am pretty sure that is how it worked.

And I, too, am amazed at some of the stats I have seen on other characters - some of them seem impossible to achieve without some sort of hack.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • bubettebubette Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    There are potions one can use as well as food and drink that ups ones stats. Some examples are: Grand Summer Feast, Hero's Feast, Foehammer's potion, Elixir of Corellon's, Potion of Heroism, Elixir of Steadfast Devotion, etc. These will boost your stats depending on what you want boosted. Most of these are good for an hour, some a half hour, some will survive you dying and some won't.
  • bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i have a question about that.

Today i saw a guy and realized he have a a lot of ability score then i calculated whole point him the score is 118 then i calculated mine points its 101 i got a artifact belt too how can this is possible ? does the companion can wear up the artifact gear or whats happening ?

Potion of heroism: +6
    Elixir of fate: +3 (not sure about it's name, the one that costs 2 celestial coins)
    Artifact Belt: up to +3 (green vs legendary)
    Initial roll: up to +5 (18,13,13,10,10,8 vs 15,14,13,12,12,11)
    Non-human vs Human: up to +2

That's up to 19 points diff, and i'm sure i've forgotten something.
  • canis36canis36 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Potion of heroism: +6
    Elixir of fate: +3 (not sure about it's name, the one that costs 2 celestial coins)
    Artifact Belt: up to +3 (green vs legendary)
    Initial roll: up to +5 (18,13,13,10,10,8 vs 15,14,13,12,12,11)
    Non-human vs Human: up to +2

That's up to 19 points diff, and i'm sure i've forgotten something.
    There's also a campfire buff that gives you +1 to all attribute scores. You get it just by going and standing on the campfire. Also the invocation buffs give buff to those scores as well, IIRC.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The initial sum of the rolls are not the same for different rolls (it's not one up another down - a more maximized primary attribute will have a lower sum):
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Ability_Score_Rolling
  • lilhamletlilhamlet Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Half-elves also get an additional +1 to a non-class ability score. http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Half-Elf