test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gold Spammer Bounty

d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
The last couple of days has just been ridiculous with the spammers. PMs, mails, friend requests, party invites, and zone/trade/lfg is just a wasteland of spam. I propose a solution. For every scum sucking spammer we report, give us 50 AD. I could make like 10K in a day easy. I'm not sure what the threshold of reports for chatbans is but if we got more folks involved we could make it to hard for them to keep up with having to level their armies of spamtoons. I know cryptic hates them as much as we do, so how about they make it worth everyone's while to report them? Won't cost them thing and will make us all feel like we are making a difference while being rewarded for our efforts. To ensure it isn't abused just send a copy of their message with each report.

Either that or hire some white hats to DDOS their sites into oblivion XD
Post edited by d4rthd00fus on

Comments

• Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So, what's to stop the spammers from setting up bots to "report spam" on every person who tries to talk in PE, and reaping the bounty? A small army of bots would create enough reports that it'd look legit enough, and they'd laugh all the way to the bank.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Keep your eyes open - I might have a solution released in the next week or so. ;)
  • Options
    sonofraistlinsonofraistlin Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    yeah, look i commend the sentiment...but as others have pointed out, it will unfortunately just become exploited :( sad yeah?
    “and someday, fat innkeepers will bow to me.”
  • Options
    d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    To ensure it isn't abused just send a copy of their message with each report.
    RIF
    /10char
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    these GS's are getting bold to. I have had friend requests from 3 of them whose names had selldiamonds in the name itself. Not as the name but a part of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    For all you random party inviting knuckleheads - Please have the courtesy to as least send a tell explaining why you would like our services. DO NOT SEND INVITES and then say nothing when asked what the invite is for.
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    hudman21 wrote: »
    For all you random party inviting knuckleheads - Please have the courtesy to as least send a tell explaining why you would like our services. DO NOT SEND INVITES and then say nothing when asked what the invite is for.

They can't -- they're 'bots and 'bots don't need to have conversations.
  • Options
    lycragirllycragirl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited August 2014
    I like this idea. It is exploitable though.

What if instead of AD, we were rewarded with a title ? 'bounty hunter' achievement or even a monthly sheriff's badge for the player who got the most spammers?
  • Options
    galaxy1045galaxy1045 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    lycragirl wrote: »
    I like this idea. It is exploitable though.

What if instead of AD, we were rewarded with a title ? 'bounty hunter' achievement or even a monthly sheriff's badge for the player who got the most spammers?
    Would that not create a lot of accounts by more or less legal players that send themselves a message just to create their own "bounty hunter" title ...