test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do you play on preview server too much?

vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
Do you?

Recently I noticed some people askingfor /complaining about lack of enchantments/AD they have on preview so it brought up a question for me. Do people play on preview as if it was LIVE server but with all cheap stuff? I don't have anything against it but considering all the complaints about lag on preview....
Post edited by vasdamas on

Comments

• cerberobotcerberobot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 345
    edited August 2014
    Personally I just play on preview to see which impacts the changes will make.
    And Preview is not lagging for me.
  • voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I play on it 24 seven when theirs a new mod introduced on it
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Only when new stuff is coming; otherwise, I don't see a reason, when I could be playing live.
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have a friend who never played live because she was "so rich in Preview" and basically povertized on Dragon.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    rustlord wrote: »
    I have a friend who never played live because she was "so rich in Preview" and basically povertized on Dragon.
    Aaand this is what I was talking about xD

I've raised this question because a lot of players actually play on preview to PLAY rather than just test things. There is also some... auditory among players that seek the bugs/exploits they can use to abuse on live and it has very bad influence on the game.

What I am trying to say is access to owlbear should be somewhat restricted. I do realize there are a lot of players that test their builds with free respecs (and some will probably hate me for this) on preview but I believe the overall state of the game > personal benifit.
    I'd also up for a suggestion to make Owlbear testers group of players that were granted an acess to that server. A group that would actually care to investigate and report bugs.
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Do you?

Recently I noticed some people askingfor /complaining about lack of enchantments/AD they have on preview so it brought up a question for me. Do people play on preview as if it was LIVE server but with all cheap stuff? I don't have anything against it but considering all the complaints about lag on preview....

Personally, I only complain since there are things I want to check without risking AD on Live, but lack the enchantments and don't want to buy the lesser versions on Live just to check how the perfects perform on Preview...

They really should add in a Preview only NPC that can give out some stuff to test with...
  • mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited August 2014
    The thing is also, from Live to Preview, you can basically 'dupe' assets. Get 1 high worth RP Item, get a Coal and so on, stack everything on 1 Character, copy that one over and over.

Sadly, that way, you have people with gear they have no clue of handling on live - or people provide flawed Feedback with gear they do not have on Live, and won't have for some time.
  • gwynny2gwynny2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm not sure what you mean by this. The preview server is meant for players to both preview and test content, and I do both. I get an idea of changes or new content that is coming out on the live server, and I submit bug reports as I come across them. I do *not* use gear/enchants/etc above and beyond my means on the live server, because that pretty much makes testing pointless.

I would be completely against making any sort of "invite only" preview available. That would make this more like a job, and fewer people would be available to test content.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I do my ACT tests there and theorycraft new builds. And I always always transmute and dye there first as well, because the preview capabilities this game has is, well, lacking.
  • ennteaenntea Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    test ... ALL THE THINGS. (btw my artifact weap is quite crunchy @ 60) I do however wish the daily reset happened 2-3 times per day on preview, it'd really help liven things up on test if you could finish out boon selection on a new character at a known, accelerated rate, especially when dailies are frequently bugged.