test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Request: Insert Dialog Before First Node

eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
edited August 2014 in The Foundry
There have been several times where I would have liked to expand or improve on some dialog, but couldn't because there was no way of inserting a dialog node before the first one.

You can insert between any other nodes, just not at the root of the tree.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    This would be nice, and I'd like it too, but thus far I've been able to handle it without too much difficulty by just adding in a node immediately under the first, and pasting the dialog into that one. Then I can change the first one to whatever I want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    bardaaron wrote: »
    This would be nice, and I'd like it too, but thus far I've been able to handle it without too much difficulty by just adding in a node immediately under the first, and pasting the dialog into that one. Then I can change the first one to whatever I want.

That's doable if you have a single response. I had about 8 responses. Can easily move all those.
  • Options
    epharmdepharmd Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, I go a little overboard with my dialogues and tend to have a lot of options (who doesn't like having options?) ... being able to copy sections of a dialogue would be immensely helpful.
    Foundry Quests:
    Frozen Folly (NW-DEVSLU387, NW-DNETAP6GR)
    Bargain Hunting (NW-DNFK5E9HB)

Draylor - 60 CW
    Artek - 60 GF
    Treponema - 60 DC
    Tymber - 60 GWF
    Borellia - 60 TR
    Leptospira - 45 HR
  • Options
    wininoidwininoid Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I would dearly love an external dialog editing tool (with spellcheck). Cutting and pasting every block from a document into the editor is a painful process.