test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Level 20 requirement for using global chats in Protectors Enclave

cvk777cvk777 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
would probably fix the issue of gold spammers. Don't you guys think it would be great if we made such a petition?
Also removing "Report Spam" option would at least allow us to ignore spammers for good. They would not have to make multiple accounts for spam, they could spam on one acc and we would not see it.. (assuming they get banned/chat banned when enought ppl report them. )
Post edited by cvk777 on

Comments

• Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Then they'd just level to 20, it doesn't really fix anything and potentially hurts people who legitimately want to use it.
  • Options
    jennyavarieljennyavariel Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 167
    edited August 2014
    ^^ this, pretty much. Remember when you were new, and not yet 20? Did you have questions? Would it have helped, or hurt your decision to stick with the game if you'd been locked out of chat?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Leveling 20 lvls just to make 3 annoucments and getting chat banned after that doesn't seem very practical for me..
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Until lvl 20 i had no questions.. the question ppl have AT lvl 20 is about 5g for horse and that is probably first question :P
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Level 20 is far too high. One of the items in the new patch was that players have to complete the entire Blacklake zone before they can get the "Learn to Invoke" Quest from Knox (to prevent Blacklake Skirmish Farmers from just farming it then topping it off with an Invoke for another 1400 AD - rinse and repeat.)

Setting ability to ZONE chat to the exact same requirement would be good: must be able to Invoke before using Zone channel. But I believe local and custom channels should be available as they are.
  • Options
    hiukulimushiukulimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 117
    edited August 2014
    In World of Warcraft, for example, your account is limited to do any things till lv 20.

Its woudl be a nice idea to block ppl zone chat and whisper till lv 20. Less botters for sure.

EDIT: i dont remember if it was really lv 20 limit XD long time ago since i played WoW :p
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited August 2014
    The game really holds your hand until 20. This would be a good idea.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    cvk777 wrote: »
    Leveling 20 lvls just to make 3 annoucments and getting chat banned after that doesn't seem very practical for me..

It doesn't seem practical to you'd be the one levelling. The one's spamming would just use bots. It's not going to hurt them.
  • Options
    gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    would probably fix the issue of gold spammers. Don't you guys think it would be great if we made such a petition?
    Also removing "Report Spam" option would at least allow us to ignore spammers for good. They would not have to make multiple accounts for spam, they could spam on one acc and we would not see it.. (assuming they get banned/chat banned when enought ppl report them. )
    I agree. While gold sellers will just level up to twenty so they can spam chat again. It DOES put one more step in their system as every time they get banned for spamming gold in chat they have to level another one to twenty. Start taking up time and space on their computers grinding levels and they will have a harder time advertising/make less profit.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Then they'd just level to 20, it doesn't really fix anything and potentially hurts people who legitimately want to use it.

I agree with this.

Goldspammers use tons and tons of accounts to farm enchantments and spam as well.

I think the nw_legit_community is a good channel to go for
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Right now making a toon that can use chat takes like 5 min.. if you need to get that toon to lvl 20 it will take significatly longer, even with bot. Right now they can spam "we are back blablabla" and change character so fast that we cant even keep up reporting them. I believe that with the 20 lvl requirement eventualy we would be able to ignore them all and reduce to spam on our chat to like once evry 15 or even 20 min! :D I believe its worth it :) And btw.. I think some of ppl who say its a bad idea might be gold spammers themselves :P
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Right now making a toon that can use chat takes like 5 min.. if you need to get that toon to lvl 20 it will take significatly longer, even with bot. Right now they can spam "we are back blablabla" and change character so fast that we cant even keep up reporting them. I believe that with the 20 lvl requirement eventualy we would be able to ignore them all and reduce to spam on our chat to like once evry 15 or even 20 min! :D I believe its worth it :) And btw.. I think some of ppl who say its a bad idea might be gold spammers themselves :P

Good points. I think I am now in agreement with this idea, or at least some variation of it.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    lycragirllycragirl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited August 2014
    Cryptic did have something like this in City of Heroes. I think it was level 15 before you could use zone chat or in game email. I guess that they know whether it made a difference to gold sellers or not....
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    lycragirl wrote: »
    Cryptic did have something like this in City of Heroes. I think it was level 15 before you could use zone chat or in game email. I guess that they know whether it made a difference to gold sellers or not....

It will make some difference - instead of needing only 10 minutes to start spamming chat, they'll have to spend a few hours to be able to do it. Sure, it won't end it, but anything to make things less appealing to the gold sellers is a good thing to me. :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It won't make a difference. They will just find other ways to push the message. Like random friend invites from creatively named characters in the starting area. Or an array of creatively named naked dancing bots in crowded public areas.

It's simply not worth the chance of annoying or losing new players for a system that only cures the symptoms of the problem, spam, rather then the problem itself, the actual spammers.