test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pseudodragon active effect - still working?

baylen76baylen76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
Way back, the Pseudodragon's active effect (stamina/guard refresh) used to be shown in the combat log. Since it no longer is (tested on preview on a GF), could someone please look into the code to check if the proc is still working?

I think the little bugger has great art, and seeing it's a rare lockbox companion, too, it should be worth using other than for its looks. Unfortunately, most people I've spoken with when it was new didn't think too highly of its active effect. Maybe it could use a little buff with all of the Module 4 dragonsy goodness coming.
:confused:
Post edited by baylen76 on

Comments

• Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    On my wifes cw the passive effect worked fine in prev.

And Pseudodragon is no dragon.

Total OP in Owpvp with the new shild and pseudo nobody cant reach y .
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    baylen76baylen76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    How can you tell it's working? After displaying "refresh" on screen it might try to call a function that - after the stamina rework for GF - is no longer being used. That would explain why there's no longer a combat log entry. Alternatively the log entry was actively taken out, but we don't know that, either.

And honestly I don't really care about PVP, it has only negatively impacted my PVE experience in the past. But to each their own. Ideally we'd have double specs, separate effects for PVE and PVP so that balancing for one game aspect doesn't negatively affect the other.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    baylen76 wrote: »
    How can you tell it's working? After displaying "refresh" on screen it might try to call a function that - after the stamina rework for GF - is no longer being used. That would explain why there's no longer a combat log entry. Alternatively the log entry was actively taken out, but we don't know that, either.

And honestly I don't really care about PVP, it has only negatively impacted my PVE experience in the past. But to each their own. Ideally we'd have double specs, separate effects for PVE and PVP so that balancing for one game aspect doesn't negatively affect the other.

After Refresh text you gain a small stamina cuz GF at wills are slow vs CW can cast realy fast at-wills mybe the active bonus is more noticable then on GF.
    Also aoe at wills can pop up refresh more freq.
    I just say its cool for other classes too but i am not sure about gf cuz GF at-wills are slow.

Its almost like wild hunt companion more effective on CW then on any other class.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    baylen76 wrote: »

One way you can test is by simple draining all of your stamina and then try to activate its effect and see if your stamina changes from it.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    True, the slowness might be a factor. Which means if I go Tactician with Crushing Surge the Pseudodragon would be even worse. Maybe I should just swap it out for +5% AP gain or +combat advantage.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Crushing Surge act : hit..hit..hit

Clave :hit.hit.hit

Ray of Frost :htihtithithithithtihtihtihtihtihtithithiththithithtih

hithithit
    Chilling Cloud:hit.hit.hithithit
    hithithit

So its more noticable with CW.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Ideally, the little fellow would need a class-based adjustment factor then, either on the proc rate or (better) the amount of stamina restored - that would make it balanced and appealing for all (soon) 7 classes and not just for the fast-hitting ones.

I guess if the pseudodragon is already slot-worthy for CWs it'll be popular with SWs, too.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    SW at-wills are slow just like GF & DC.

CW TR HR GWF(in unstoppable) are really fast.
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    SWs will find it especially useful when using Dreadtheft.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I could test it with my GF on PTS, but I need one that give it to me on PTS.
  • Options
    kalyuxakalyuxa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Does anyone knows if the pseudodragon's active bonus have ICD?