test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GF Mod 4 Specs

thaeorinthaeorin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
edited August 2014 in The Militia Barracks
Anyone able to give some outlook on GF specs? I tank... and want to go ahead and have myself set up. Armor sets is not a problem... I have all 3 from T2 and started on BI. Currently I run Conquerer... and am looking forward to goin Protection.
Post edited by thaeorin on

Comments

• query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If you want to max out that Con bonus purified head, chest and feet and corrupted arms give the most HP. Of course that means getting only 1 2 peice bonus so mixing and matching to lose a little HP for better stat dispersal is advised. Being conq I shifted in more power. Protector might want to go all purified, lose 1125 HP in exchange for some power defense and regen.
  • thaeorinthaeorin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Was kinda lookin for actual specs... how much in tactician, protection, dailys, etc....
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Nothing really changes, everything is buffed.

But: ITF becomes mandatory for every build in group play. Don't use it = kicked.
    edited August 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    Nothing really changes, everything is buffed.

But: ITF becomes mandatory for every build in group play. Don't use it = kicked.

Why?
    ":Into the Fray: Now restores Stamina instead of Guard Meter."

They just changed guard into stamina like they did on everything else. How does that make it mandatory?
  • dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Because ItF also gives (now, on Preview) a % of ur Defence (up to 75%) as damage bonus to the party. Thats why.
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    GF's use stamina? For what?
    edited August 2014
    Yeah just saw that. Hooray! We're all buffbots now! Que 80's teen Rom Com;
    GWF (or Mod4 equivvilant) "HEy GF, I was wondering if I could ask you to the delve this weekend?"
    GF *blushes* "ME? I never thought you would ask me. You always hang out with the CWs and that one DC. I'd love to go to the delve with you!"

GF, "I'm finally one of the cool kids!"
    DC, "Don't fall for it kiddo. They'll never really let you in. They just need someone to cop buffs for them on Saturday night."
    DC walks off to smoke pot with the TR and other 'outcast' kids at Shermer high.

GWF on phone, "Hey GF."
    GF, "HI! I was really hoping you would call!"
    GWF, "I was talking to CW and we think it would be great if you brought somke buffs to the DD."
    GF *winces*, "I suppose. I really wanted to do something else but if everyone else agrees..."
    GWF, "Awesome. Got to go."
    TR, "SEE! DC told you they are really only interested in their own DPS and paingiver scores. It's not you they want it's your buffs."
    GF, "Don't say that! They really like me! You're just upset that I'm finally one of the cool kids!"

TR walks off cinematically to a song that is semi-popular but will be Top 40 by the time this John Hughs film airs......
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    GWF (or Mod4 equivvilant) "HEy GF, I was wondering if I could ask you to the delve this weekend?"
    GF *blushes* "ME? I never thought you would ask me. You always hang out with the CWs and that one DC. I'd love to go to the delve with you!"

DC, "Don't fall for it kiddo. They'll never really let you in. They just need someone to cop buffs for them on Saturday night."

GWF on phone, "Hey GF."
    GWF, "I was talking to CW and we think it would be great if you brought somke buffs to the DD."
    GF *winces*, "I suppose. I really wanted to do something else but if everyone else agrees..."
    TR, "SEE! DC told you they are really only interested in their own DPS and paingiver scores. It's not you they want it's your buffs."
    GF, "Don't say that! They really like me! You're just upset that I'm finally one of the cool kids!"

TR walks off cinematically to a song that is semi-popular but will be Top 40 by the time this John Hughs film airs......

This made me smile :P
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    Don't you duh dah doodah forget about me. Don't don't don't don't.
  • panisch420panisch420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    good thing i already slot ITF for trash and bosses almost all the time, mainly for the +ap though :p
    looking forward to the changes, i have no probs finding capable dungeon groups, but being more useful is always more useful.. no? :)
  • remfdtremfdt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Probably worth repeating the nifty ITF "jump cast" trick, for casting on the go. Basically cuts out a lot of the "wind up" casting animation; run, jump, pop ITS in the air, land and the cast goes off.
    edited August 2014
    remfdt wrote: »
    Probably worth repeating the nifty ITF "jump cast" trick, for casting on the go. Basically cuts out a lot of the "wind up" casting animation; run, jump, pop ITS in the air, land and the cast goes off.

Actually that cuts the cast on everything, Been using it forever. Also can hit another encounter durring LS animation same effect.
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited August 2014

GWF on phone, "Hey GF."

my God; you destroyed the game for me.

poor dc ... Rogue has the trickery of the streets - Ba Dum Tss! - but dc ...
  • thaeorinthaeorin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ok... soooo.... who knows of a really good Protection spec? Like I said... I am currently Conquerer...
    edited August 2014
    There isn't one. Go tactician because conq's capstone is now useless.
  • aiulianaiulian Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    thaeorin wrote: »
    Ok... soooo.... who knows of a really good Protection spec? Like I said... I am currently Conquerer...

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?566921-The-Iron-Maiden-A-Reflect-Based-Protector-Build-for-Swordmaster-GF-s

Did you checked this build?
  • ostironostiron Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Why do u guys hate so much GF. They are best in tanking cuz of Guard and some awesome AoE skills. Some guys said:'Play the Race u like!'. Well i wouldnt say that:
    Orc and Human are best for GWF
    Half Elf for DC
    Thiefling and high elf for CW
    Dwales and the smallest one(idk the name) for TR
    And Dwarfs as u can see on race picking they got shield, so GF

The reason why i shouldnt pick up any race is just because of this above.
    Thats why u people got problems with GF.
    On the end of the dungeon, on the score board i took most dmg, and died none time, and also 2nd in most dmg dealt!
  • inthere23inthere23 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There isn't one. Go tactician because conq's capstone is now useless.

No it's not. In actual gameplay it's more damage than the old one. I panicked when my power went from 11k to 6k. But in pvp I was getting 60k+ crits,(Anvil Of Doom) I wouldn't be surprised if it gets nerfed. A GWF on preview feedback posted pics of a GF critting him for 80k. In PVE soloing things were dying a lot faster. it says 5% damage and 2% to crits-but it stacks 5 times. Into the fray already got nerfed, it *was* 100% of our damage resist=group damage buff, which for me was about 50.9% with a conq spec. now it's 75%, (+35%) which is still nice) but if you spec tactician you can get it to 40%+.

I think you should try playing on preview a bit, there's really a lot to be excited about. Yes, we'll buff group damage a LOT, but we'll put out our fair share and groups will go through content much faster than with the old CW/GWF groups. We'll also need a DC in the group with us or we'll use a ton of potions, because threat is off the chain now.

Everything works together though-we take a bunch of hits but we also keep our 5 stacks up for +25% damage and 10% crits.
    Venril Sathir- CW
    Venril- SW
    Lurch- GF
    Mini Ven- DC
  • sugarliessugarlies Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited August 2014
    Can anyone give insight into best weapon enchantments for Mod 4, please? How about normal enchantments, please?
    Thank you.
  • spaghettinerusspaghettinerus Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Let's not be ridicoulus now, ITF is a must but hell no you are no buffbot. If any class, ANY, gets to use such a tool to increase everyone's dps, it's just silly not to employ it.

Let's not forged that the GF was never intended to be a dps, it should be a tank, and hell if it ain't right now, but if you want to damage things up don't forget that Enforced Threat now hits up to 20 targets, just pump ITF up, get the Conq's capstone ready and spam it in a large group of mobs to see your whole screen getting crowded by big numbers.

As far as third encounter goes, it's up to you. Frontline Surge stuns and hits hard, Knight Valor coupled with Guarded Assault = everyone loves you and you're saving the team's butt while packing a punch, Lunging Strike let you reach the mobs before everyone else while dealing AOE cone damage, etc. IMO GF right now has its group secured and it's surely one of the funniest classes to play.
    Robbin' In Da Hood - HR stands for "Hate (is) Real"

7 years old PC, connection laggy as sh--, be afraid & get rekt
    edited August 2014
    inthere23 wrote: »
    No it's not. In actual gameplay it's more damage than the old one. I panicked when my power went from 11k to 6k. But in pvp I was getting 60k+ crits,(Anvil Of Doom) I wouldn't be surprised if it gets nerfed. A GWF on preview feedback posted pics of a GF critting him for 80k. In PVE soloing things were dying a lot faster. it says 5% damage and 2% to crits-but it stacks 5 times. Into the fray already got nerfed, it *was* 100% of our damage resist=group damage buff, which for me was about 50.9% with a conq spec. now it's 75%, (+35%) which is still nice) but if you spec tactician you can get it to 40%+.

I think you should try playing on preview a bit, there's really a lot to be excited about. Yes, we'll buff group damage a LOT, but we'll put out our fair share and groups will go through content much faster than with the old CW/GWF groups. We'll also need a DC in the group with us or we'll use a ton of potions, because threat is off the chain now.

Everything works together though-we take a bunch of hits but we also keep our 5 stacks up for +25% damage and 10% crits.

I have been playing on preview. What made Conq work before was that you could really abuse power stacking and ignore negative returns on that stat. So once everything else was optimal you went all-in on power. Live it is 30% of my DPS so 5% stacked 5 times is actually less. The reason I am saying tactician (after a lot of time messing with different builds) is you can do much the same except you over-stack recovery once all others are optimal. With the tactician capstone you can basically spend most of the engagement in menace which is CC immune damage bonus. With good recovery and LS you can hold their attention while mulching the mobs.
    edited August 2014
    I have been playing on preview. What made Conq work before was that you could really abuse power stacking and ignore negative returns on that stat. So once everything else was optimal you went all-in on power. Live it is 30% of my DPS so 5% stacked 5 times is actually less. The reason I am saying tactician (after a lot of time messing with different builds) is you can do much the same except you over-stack recovery once all others are optimal. With the tactician capstone you can basically spend most of the engagement in menace which is CC immune damage bonus. With good recovery and LS you can hold their attention while mulching the mobs.

Yeah but 5% less is far from worthless and don't forget the 10% to crits. And if you're going tactician you lose cleave, griffons, combat superiority, and menace feats(omg!), and I stay in Menace a lot because I'm doing Into the Fray and the DC artifact. So there are different ways of playing and both are great. Protectors is also going to be more effective. I personally have a hard time justifying the tactician tree because nothing excites me except the capstone-conq spec there are at least 3 essential damage buffs that I can't do without.

Of course not all are going to have the DC artifact so tactician may be a better fit for groups. Soloing and pvp no way, it's still conq, and stuff is dying even faster than with the old capstone-crits are HUGE, but that could be due to overall buffs to some of our skills. The way I'm geared now I need the extra crits because I'm going heavy on power and arp.
    Venril Sathir- CW
    Venril- SW
    Lurch- GF
    Mini Ven- DC
    edited August 2014
    It's a question of a 10% bonus to damage vs. having menace up 25% mopre often. Given that Menace also provides CC immunity. I do miss cruel cut but I appreciate the extra control from powerfule strike (used 10% more often via fight on). Basically I am seeing a Menace uptime that is at least equal to the unstoppable uptime I get from my GWF. And we've all seen what being able to ignore that much CC does when you are tanking.
  • tjlongshottjlongshot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Because ItF also gives (now, on Preview) a % of ur Defence (up to 75%) as damage bonus to the party. Thats why.

oh so its ok to buff everyone elses damage while not doing any of your own damage, yea that makes sense. how about you run ITF on bosses, and leave it at that.
    Defiant. Never back down from the opposition.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    tjlongshot wrote: »
    oh so its ok to buff everyone elses damage while not doing any of your own damage, yea that makes sense. how about you run ITF on bosses, and leave it at that.

ITF buffs your damage and your AP gain too. You probably won't get to the boss if you're not running itf, because most likely you'll get kicked.

Plenty of options for personal buffs in both IV ands Swordmasters.
    It's a question of a 10% bonus to damage vs. having menace up 25% mopre often. Given that Menace also provides CC immunity. I do miss cruel cut but I appreciate the extra control from powerfule strike (used 10% more often via fight on). Basically I am seeing a Menace uptime that is at least equal to the unstoppable uptime I get from my GWF. And we've all seen what being able to ignore that much CC does when you are tanking.

...............................................Bonus damage is a lot more than 10% and I actually have menace up 25% more often(or maybe even more) with the conq spec because of a maxed out DC artefact (100% of AP's in 15 secs).
    Venril Sathir- CW
    Venril- SW
    Lurch- GF
    Mini Ven- DC
    edited August 2014
    inthere23 wrote: »
    ITF buffs your damage and your AP gain too. You probably won't get to the boss if you're not running itf, because most likely you'll get kicked.

Plenty of options for personal buffs in both IV ands Swordmasters.

...............................................Bonus damage is a lot more than 10% and I actually have menace up 25% more often(or maybe even more) with the conq spec because of a maxed out DC artefact (100% of AP's in 15 secs).

Which is why you kick every GWF who does not slot Battle fury? Oh you don't? Imagine that....
    edited August 2014
    Battle fury's not as mission critical or well known, but going to be along the lines of a DC that doesn't use astral shield. ITF is going to be very noticeable when you use it because of the run speed and blur.

Not using it means group moves slower and kills slower=kicked if GF doesn't use it in some, not all groups
    Venril Sathir- CW
    Venril- SW
    Lurch- GF
    Mini Ven- DC
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    ostiron wrote: »
    Why do u guys hate so much GF. They are best in tanking cuz of Guard and some awesome AoE skills. Some guys said:'Play the Race u like!'. Well i wouldnt say that:
    Orc and Human are best for GWF
    Half Elf for DC
    Thiefling and high elf for CW
    Dwales and the smallest one(idk the name) for TR
    And Dwarfs as u can see on race picking they got shield, so GF

The reason why i shouldnt pick up any race is just because of this above.
    Thats why u people got problems with GF.
    On the end of the dungeon, on the score board i took most dmg, and died none time, and also 2nd in most dmg dealt!

It depends on what stats you want, halfling is amazing for gwf, in my opinion the best race to roll. Having +2 on dex and con for the survivability and then 3% extra chance to deflect, whats not to like ? Halfling is also great for gf too.

Also dwarf is great gwf too.....
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]