test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Important flaw in legendary HR weapons.

rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
Let's suppose im a combat HR doing my damages with my secondary weapon.
What do am i supposed to do with a legendary bow if my damages are being calculated on my secondary weapon?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    What do am i supposed to do with a legendary bow if my damages are being calculated on my secondary weapon?

Maybe they could give you a choice of legendary secondary or legendary bow but not both!
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • Options
    cerberobotcerberobot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 345
    edited July 2014
    Maybe they could give you a choice of legendary secondary or legendary bow but not both!

would be op ... 2 p.vorpal xD.
  • Options
    yawulfyawulf Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »

hmm so the ones on live server do u slot weapon enchantments in your blades?but weapon enchantment damages works for it?this is no flaw its WAI until u see otherwise
  • Options
    mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hr melee damage calculated by the blades(offhand) and the bow for ranged damage. So the fact there is no legendary offhand for classes currently means that the hr melee attacks will not get the same boost other classes may receive.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This seems quite important.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    mfgamesys wrote: »
    Hr melee damage calculated by the blades(offhand) and the bow for ranged damage. So the fact there is no legendary offhand for classes currently means that the hr melee attacks will not get the same boost other classes may receive.

that is simply not true.have u used the weapon? on live server doesnt the plague,vorpal etc work whiles in melee, unless u r trying to say it doesnt work currently like that on live server.whether melee or archer ur primary weapon is the bow and secondary is the blades and all range at wills have their corresponding melee at wills, so its going to work like we have on live and i beleive it is written on the bow
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    this is not a question of weapon enchants.... it is base damage calculations.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

and what is weapon enchantment based on? speculation perhaps?
  • Options
    cerberobotcerberobot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 345
    edited July 2014

Before looking base damage of it, better take a look for like 80% of GWF base damage encounters powers lol.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    yawulf wrote: »
    and what is weapon enchantment based on? speculation perhaps?

The op did not refer to anything to do with weapon enchants? I am wondering why you cannot understand what I am surmising. The new artifact weapons have a higher base damage than fallen dragon or fomorian weapons this is all that is being discussed here.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    u r the one who doesnt understand what i have been saying the hr uses the bow as its primary weapon hence has the weapon enchantment slot which also works whether the hr is using a range skill or a melee skill, now with the artifact weapon which is based on particular at wills u use it wod do give out the same effect whether melee or range unless u have tried it a found out it doesnt work for both melee/range at-wills then we can say its unfair not just because u r a melee hr or a range hr
  • Options
    wolhaiksong332wolhaiksong332 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 107
    edited July 2014
    yawulf wrote: »
    u r the one who doesnt understand what i have been saying the hr uses the bow as its primary weapon hence has the weapon enchantment slot which also works whether the hr is using a range skill or a melee skill, now with the artifact weapon which is based on particular at wills u use it wod do give out the same effect whether melee or range unless u have tried it a found out it doesnt work for both melee/range at-wills then we can say its unfair not just because u r a melee hr or a range hr

yawulf you are the one who doesn't understand.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    yawulf you are the one who doesn't understand.

i do understand,the rest of u dont
  • Options
    mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited July 2014
    Once more, slowly, like explaining it to a child.

Weapon Enchantments, like for example Vorpal, work for Rangers since the Enchant is not Weapon specific, but Charbased. This is technically working in the same way it does for Rogues, who only have 1 Enchant, but the hits displayed with the offhand also apply the Enchant Effect.

However, on a Ranger, the 'Melee' Part of a skill is calculated on the 'Offhand' Effects. The 'Ranged' Part is calculated based on the Mainhand, aka 'Bow'.
    Each weapon has its own, specific Damage Range, so the base damage for a Blade is between lets say, 411 and 503 Damage, augmented by 'Power' and other Bonuses, while the 'Bow' deals 686 to 838 damage.
    Right now, this is technically equalized out by the Blade having a higher attack rate.

However, lets say, a new weapon is released, in this case, the Legendary Weapon. It is only available as a 'Bow' aka Mainhand. Its attacks now deal, lets say, 750-900 Damage, base, without the Blade getting a bonus of roughly equal strength.
    This, again, ONLY affects the HR; since the Weapon Damage of Mainhand and Offhand do not interact with each other, as it does on the TR.
    While stuff like Power, Crit and so on, found on the Bow, is applied to the character sheet, and used in calculations, the BASE damage from the Bow, and the BASE damage from the Blade are treated as their own thing.
    When now, a bow comes out that has a higher weapon damage than what one can currently aquire, and no longer in line with the ratio of Attack Speed and Weapon Damage (to put them on (roughly) equal performance), this is a problem.

Lets say one shoots 2 Bow Attacks, each at an averaged out 762 Damage, , in 2 Blade Attacks, the Character does deal an average 457 Damage. This means that the Blade has to do 1.67 times as many attacks as the Bow,for the Damage to pull 'even' (this is the main thing for At-Wills, it is different for Encounters).
    Now, lets say the 'new' Bow is shot, 750-900 Damage, averaged out at 825 Damage. The Blades still are 'stuck' at the 457 average from 2 Attacks. However, now the Blade needs to land 1.8 times as many hits to pull 'even'.

Every hit, no matter if Bow or Blade, will appropriately and correctly apply Weapon Enchantment Effects. So there is no need for a 'Pink' Slot on an offhand.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    mircalla83 wrote: »
    Once more, slowly, like explaining it to a child.

Weapon Enchantments, like for example Vorpal, work for Rangers since the Enchant is not Weapon specific, but Charbased. This is technically working in the same way it does for Rogues, who only have 1 Enchant, but the hits displayed with the offhand also apply the Enchant Effect.

However, on a Ranger, the 'Melee' Part of a skill is calculated on the 'Offhand' Effects. The 'Ranged' Part is calculated based on the Mainhand, aka 'Bow'.
    Each weapon has its own, specific Damage Range, so the base damage for a Blade is between lets say, 411 and 503 Damage, augmented by 'Power' and other Bonuses, while the 'Bow' deals 686 to 838 damage.
    Right now, this is technically equalized out by the Blade having a higher attack rate.

However, lets say, a new weapon is released, in this case, the Legendary Weapon. It is only available as a 'Bow' aka Mainhand. Its attacks now deal, lets say, 750-900 Damage, base, without the Blade getting a bonus of roughly equal strength.
    This, again, ONLY affects the HR; since the Weapon Damage of Mainhand and Offhand do not interact with each other, as it does on the TR.
    While stuff like Power, Crit and so on, found on the Bow, is applied to the character sheet, and used in calculations, the BASE damage from the Bow, and the BASE damage from the Blade are treated as their own thing.
    When now, a bow comes out that has a higher weapon damage than what one can currently aquire, and no longer in line with the ratio of Attack Speed and Weapon Damage (to put them on (roughly) equal performance), this is a problem.

Lets say one shoots 2 Bow Attacks, each at an averaged out 762 Damage, , in 2 Blade Attacks, the Character does deal an average 457 Damage. This means that the Blade has to do 1.67 times as many attacks as the Bow,for the Damage to pull 'even' (this is the main thing for At-Wills, it is different for Encounters).
    Now, lets say the 'new' Bow is shot, 750-900 Damage, averaged out at 825 Damage. The Blades still are 'stuck' at the 457 average from 2 Attacks. However, now the Blade needs to land 1.8 times as many hits to pull 'even'.

Every hit, no matter if Bow or Blade, will appropriately and correctly apply Weapon Enchantment Effects. So there is no need for a 'Pink' Slot on an offhand.

thanks for explaining things didnt know damage from bow was different from damage from blades
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    please @panderus , @gentlemancrush a clarify is needed
  • Options
    mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited July 2014
    An idea would be to rework the way all of them work.
    1- Set all of them (even non HR) to the Level 1 Damage of a T2 (aka what you get out of Dread Vault Epic, from the DD Chest or the Boss) or T2.5 (Valindra or Malabolg Delvechest, would be better) Weapon.
    2- Then, instead of Leveling the direct 'Weapon Damage' Tooltip indicated on it, you level a 'Legendary Armsmaster' Stat, which can ONLY be gained by refining those weapons to higher levels.
    This would make every Weapon, be it Main or Offhand, get more Damage. In fact, this might also help out TRs, since it also raised their Offhand Damage. Since it would be a multiplier, weapons with naturally higher damage might get more out of it.

Important to mention would be that 'Legendary Armsmaster' wouldn't increase Weapon Damage as it does now - but it would apply Multiplier.

Lets say, it is set to the Damage of the Dread Legion weaponry, Bow 677-827, Blade 406 - 496

If it was intended to get 100 more min and max damage on the bow, for example, at full legendary Lv100, that would be 1 Weapon Damage per Level.
    Bow: 777-927, an increase by 14.77% on Min Damage, but sadly, only a 10.79% Bonus on the Max Damage.
    Same percentages on the Blades: 465.97 (rounded) Damage Min, 549.52 Damage Max.

A diminishing return however feels like a punishment.
    So, lets say we give 'Legendary Armsmaster' a fixed rate of always giving 0.15% Weapondamage Multiplier per Level in it, the Stat being equal to the Weapons' Level.
    Format of Values given in the next Sheet(values not perfectly in line and underneath each other)
    MinDam MaxDam Level Modifier MinResult MaxResult
    Bow:
    677 827 1 0.15% 678 828.2
    677 827 10 1.5% 687.1 839.4
    677 827 25 3.75% 702.4 858
    677 827 50 7.5% 727 889
    677 827 75 11.25% 753.2 920
    677 827 100 15% 778.6 951

Blades:
    406 496 1 0.15% 406.6 496.7
    406 496 10 1.5% 412 503
    406 496 25 3.75% 421.2 514.6
    406 496 50 7.5% 436.5 533.2
    406 496 75 11.25% 451.7 551.8
    406 496 100 15% 466 570.4

Looks way smoother, constantly keeps giving for all 100 Levels. And the Bonus from Feats and Power would be calculated on the latter values, from the last 2 columns.
    To compare, GWF Mainhand, Dread Legion, 812-993
    812 993 1 0.15% 813.2 994.5
    812 993 10 1.5% 824.2 1007.9
    812 993 25 3.75% 842.5 1030.2
    812 993 50 7.5% 872.9 1067.5
    812 993 75 11.25% 903.4 1104.7
    812 993 100 15% 933.8 1142

Same number crunch for GWF. Until the Legendary is Lv10, the crafted Fallen Dragon Weapons are still better, and those are usually seen as 'Best in Slot'.
    This MIGHT give HRs that have 'Fallen Dragon' in their Offhand (or TRs in the same Situation) a slight Edge on their Weapon - would boost THEIR Offhands by 1 around 1.4-1.5% more. However, this could be adressed by introducing a Non Artifact Tyranny Offhand for all, which gets a Setbonus with any of the 3 Mainhands, into a 2/2 Bonus, and which would be, Stats Wise, equal to the Dread Legion Equipment. In fact, this Offhand could be handed out a little bit earlier, or crafting of it could be unlocked at the same time as the Artifact is aquired the first time.
    The idea for this crafting: Level 1 Recipe, craftable with the initial guy you get when first unlocking the Profession (Weaponsmithing/Artificing), Recipe unlocked during a Quest recieved by a Questitem aquired by a 'Project' in the Tyranny Campaign, Quest Autocompleted by finishing the crafting.
    Materials needed: Tier 3 'Mithril and Phandar' Grade Materials, 1 Dragon Egg. Craft Time: Since it doesn't require purple tools, guys or Level 20, make the timer LONG. Only 1 Asset slottable, no additional ones, 5 Days craft time.
  • Options
    jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    except that the bow isn't 750-900 damage.
    it's 716-876.
    we currently have 636-838 from CN/Fomorian bows.
    38 more damage is probably not enough for the Devs to worry about, especially if we can assume that a new blade weapon is in the works that will drop from the new dungeon
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I will not going to waste ad on a weapon i am not going to use. And i find this advantage to other class unfair. Its not hard to understand
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    jrfbrunet wrote: »
    except that the bow isn't 750-900 damage.
    it's 716-876.
    we currently have 636-838 from CN/Fomorian bows.
    38 more damage is probably not enough for the Devs to worry about, especially if we can assume that a new blade weapon is in the works that will drop from the new dungeon

So you are OK with a HR having to do more Grind due to the devs not paying attention to how the game works?
    38 more damage, how about the whole percentile multiplicators from Power and Feats applying? 40% more Damage to 38, that's 53. not so insignificant.This means that, until the 'Offhand' is aquired, Archery has an even bigger boost than just with the Feats. Trapper is underperforming on 50% of its intended Powers. and Combat is even worse off, since 'New Combat' is supposed to be about 100% Melee.
  • Options
    jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    mircalla83 wrote: »
    So you are OK with a HR having to do more Grind due to the devs not paying attention to how the game works?
    38 more damage, how about the whole percentile multiplicators from Power and Feats applying? 40% more Damage to 38, that's 53. not so insignificant.This means that, until the 'Offhand' is aquired, Archery has an even bigger boost than just with the Feats. Trapper is underperforming on 50% of its intended Powers. and Combat is even worse off, since 'New Combat' is supposed to be about 100% Melee.
    so, according to a deve, we are getting a tweak to the bow so that it affects melee powers - can't complain about that
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?