test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Train an Adventurer HOW?

damsel1988damsel1988 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
edited July 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I have done all the crafting type training up to level 15 of 'Leadership" and every four or so levels you get to train a type that is higher than the previous one, i.e. Train a footman, you have 4 guards make one footman.

Now I get to level 15 and I need to train an Adventurer. Except, the requirement is to take 4 men of arms to train one Adventurer. BUT, there is nowhere to train a man of arms!!!

So how are you supposed to do this?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kd0frgkd0frg Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    man at arms are only available out of a box of some sort, thats all i know
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    These are higher quality people that come only from proffession packs from the zen store or the one quest in the neverdeath graveyard. They are not required for normal use only to complete tasks quicker.
  • Options
    ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The rarer profession assets are acquired through profession packs and the like. You can do all tasks with a footman, the only difference is the ones through profession packs speed up the time and the other assets give higher quality, which you will need on other professions if you want to make gemmed shirt/pants.
  • Options
    echokazulechokazul Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The Man At Arms (green), Adventurer (blue), and Hero (Purple) are all the same thing as the Footman. The only difference is, they give speed bonuses, so you finish tasks earlier. They come from the Leadership and professions boxes that come from lockboxes and the zen market.
    Kyba Fell- Tiefling GF (Main)
    RainFeather- Dragonborn DC
    Rune Fell- Drow CW
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    There is a exceedingly tiny chance that if you upgrade a rank 2 asset into a rank 3 you can get a green asset instead. So you try to make enough guards into footmen, you might get a man-at-arms.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Just buy one from the auction house
  • Options
    imit8rimit8r Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    There is a exceedingly tiny chance that if you upgrade a rank 2 asset into a rank 3 you can get a green asset instead. So you try to make enough guards into footmen, you might get a man-at-arms.

This is an urban myth, and frankly one of the better ones.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    imit8r wrote: »

It is not, actually. There is a chance when upgrading Tier 2 to Tier 3 that it will be a Man-At-Arms. :)
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    damsel1988 wrote: »
    I have done all the crafting type training up to level 15 of 'Leadership" and every four or so levels you get to train a type that is higher than the previous one, i.e. Train a footman, you have 4 guards make one footman.

Now I get to level 15 and I need to train an Adventurer. Except, the requirement is to take 4 men of arms to train one Adventurer. BUT, there is nowhere to train a man of arms!!!

So how are you supposed to do this?

There are only ever 3 "tiers" of profession workers. In the case of leadership, those are mercenary, guard, and footman. The men at arms, adventurers, and heroes, are all equivalent to footmen in regards to the tier of task they can perform, only they provide speed bonuses. You never need to run any of the tasks that require these latter 3 types of leadership workers, and said workers typically only come from the leadership booster and asset packs in the Zen store. I personally have never seen 4 guards produce a man at arms, so I cannot comment on that possibility.

Rest assured, however, that you can run any task of significance, from leadership, with just footmen.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It is not, actually. There is a chance when upgrading Tier 2 to Tier 3 that it will be a Man-At-Arms. :)

Yes, this has actually been confirmed by the Dev's. It is, very much true. I'm sure someone with excellent search-fu can even provide the actual quote.
  • Options
    antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    imit8r wrote: »

It's happened once for me and three times for my daughter (RNG loves her)
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*