test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Frustrated Player Presenting a Fair Point

iliveforpvpiliveforpvp Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello all,

As most of you know, the ZEN exchange has been terribly and horribly broken for well over a month now. This has had countless negative effects on the game that were not foreseen. The latest issue is that the lack of Coalescent Wards has caused the pricing of perfect enchants to DOUBLE over the past few weeks. These kinds of effects are going to continue as long as people do not have access to ZEN.

Can we please stop ignoring this and fix the system? It is a constant and unnecessary frustration in the side of the community.

Post edited by iliveforpvp on

Comments

• nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    What do you mean you have no access to ZEN?

for me https://billing.arcgames.com/en/ is still working.

Also, if you are referring to the ZAX, it is working. It's no longer "I want that toy and I want it NAUUU!" - you have to plan ahead, but it certainly works to get ZEN, no problem, via the ZAX.

Patience is a virtue.

And if you are in immediate need of a Coal Ward, it can be obtained without ZEN at the free market for 548k atm in the AH. (=free market and pricing there, which might be what you want!)
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • ameyaw1ameyaw1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hello all,

As most of you know, the ZEN exchange has been terribly and horribly broken for well over a month now. This has had countless negative effects on the game that were not foreseen. The latest issue is that the lack of Coalescent Wards has caused the pricing of perfect enchants to DOUBLE over the past few weeks. These kinds of effects are going to continue as long as people do not have access to ZEN.

Can we please stop ignoring this and fix the system? It is a constant and unnecessary frustration in the side of the community.

the only viable way to clear the backlog is to put a lot of stuff to be purchable with ad from the bazaar which should be bound to account else ppl holding onto their zen wod not convert it to ad
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It currently takes 5-6 days to get Zen purchase orders filled @500. Maybe not ideal, but not hopeless either.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm ordering 500-1000 zen a week and holding it as a reserve. The nice thing is that since the ZAX is capped I can always convert to AD whenever I want. It takes another week or so to deliver but serves as a decent hedge and useful if a coupon I can use drops.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    adinosii wrote: »
    It currently takes 5-6 days to get Zen purchase orders filled @500. Maybe not ideal, but not hopeless either.

And rising. And mod 4 is coming up. Do we really want to bury our heads until it takes weeks or months to carry out?
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The mistake here is you believe that they haven't been trying to fix this. What evidence do you have to support this belief?

Because, i've been seeing quite the opposite. Everything from new crack downs on bots to several new events and reward programs aimed at either draining AD from the economy, or getting people to buy Zen directly. I see, what seems to be a pretty solid effort to try to indirectly influence and correct the Zax imbalance.

What more would you want? Do you really want them to fiddle with the Zax directly? What would you have them do? Change the limits? Start buying peoples offers themselves? Flood the market with new Zen, to devalue it? Any one of these options could cause more harm then good. Any of of these options sets a horribly bad precedent. Any one of these options should honestly scare the heck out of any reasonable player. You cant remove the players, from a player run system, without destroying confidence in the market.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Just make coal wards coming from bar's shop unbound...
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    In addition to doing weekly sales in the Zen store, move a few items into the Wondrous Bazaar at a discount each week, purchasable only with AD.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I did my part yesterday - traded 1500 Zen for AD. That was one instantaneous transacation! :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hello all,

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?678051-Coalescent-Wards/page6
    I think the prize of CWard will go up more then 500k why?

Cuz anyone want to buy it . And when ppl start realize "Search for item : Ward Quality :Rare = result : Item not found " then they will open zen/ad waaat missing ? 0 ZEN . Then the prize of CWard will go up to even 600 -700 k i am 100% sure .
    Neverwinter Team ruined her game in 1 day . No offens but devs need to reconsider this.

Explaniton : Nobody will sell her zen cuz if i can make from my zen 120-130% profit why shoud i ?

Problem : No free player can respec or buy somthing from zen store.

I fortold this but nobody listen .
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I remember, I didn't think it could happen this bad but it did.
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    How much AD are you ready to offer, to get zen right away? Currently those that have Zen don't find it's worth 500 AD for 1 Zen. Until they do you will have to wait, until someone does. I, myself am sitting on 20k zen but I would'nt trade it for AD for less then 5000 to 1.
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    djarkaan wrote: »
    How much AD are you ready to offer, to get zen right away? Currently those that have Zen don't find it's worth 500 AD for 1 Zen. Until they do you will have to wait, until someone does. I, myself am sitting on 20k zen but I would'nt trade it for AD for less then 5000 to 1.

I agree i stoped to sell my zen too.
    First becuse F2P players always nerf my build and there is no option to regain my investment (companions/artifacts).
    They think wee dont need advantage aka Legend arti or purple companions so i dont let them take advantage to respec or buy cheap ward. If any zen seller do the same they will respect us cuz we are the ones how actual let them to play the game truly free.
    So i just wait until coal ward prize is up to 1 -2 mill each or PWE increase the ad/zen to min 1/1000-2000
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    The mistake here is you believe that they haven't been trying to fix this. What evidence do you have to support this belief?

Because, i've been seeing quite the opposite. Everything from new crack downs on bots to several new events and reward programs aimed at either draining AD from the economy, or getting people to buy Zen directly. I see, what seems to be a pretty solid effort to try to indirectly influence and correct the Zax imbalance.

What more would you want? Do you really want them to fiddle with the Zax directly? What would you have them do? Change the limits? Start buying peoples offers themselves? Flood the market with new Zen, to devalue it? Any one of these options could cause more harm then good. Any of of these options sets a horribly bad precedent. Any one of these options should honestly scare the heck out of any reasonable player. You cant remove the players, from a player run system, without destroying confidence in the market.
    you know what gold sellers are doing right know?
    selling keys? no.
    selling lv 10 account with keys in? yes. this.
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    (...) I see, what seems to be a pretty solid effort to try to indirectly influence and correct the Zax imbalance. (...)

They didn't do the one simple thing, that would be the best if not the only effective solution: they didn't introduce working, lasting AD sinks. They don't even need to create new items, adjusting prices of currently existing ones would work just fine.

That would eliminate the problem and unlike some other ideas presented on forum (removing cap, making all zen items BtA) would make players happier rather than more frustrated.
  • tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    As most of you know, the ZEN exchange has been terribly and horribly broken for well over a month now.

Not "broken", just backlogged. There's a big difference between those two words.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Derp ,I thought it had gone below 5.5 million backlog but I just looked and its over 6.5 million backlog again XD , I hope the Wonders of Gond event next week will clear some AD .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    You have zero idea why the perfect enchant prices have increased all of the sudden. Its not because of what you think and if you still don't know why, you probably are out of the loop
  • ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited July 2014

The first wrong assumption is that it's broken. It's not, there is nothing to "fix". I think it's working exactly the way they want it to. With a backlog like this more people will buy Zen for $ than before.

Secondly, they haven't done a thing to reduce the backlog (notice I didn't say fix). Most likely it's because any reduction of the backlog will reduce revenue from my first point.

Note: cracking down on 3rd party, Binding keys and Binding wards have close to 0 impact on reducing any backlog.
  • ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You have zero idea why the perfect enchant prices have increased all of the sudden. Its not because of what you think and if you still don't know why, you probably are out of the loop

He is half right. Binding wards did contribute to an increase the prices, but it was mainly fixing the old refinement window that caused a cascading increase in the costs of all refining, close to doubling the costs of rank 5s and up.

While they needed to fix that, their timing was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> poor. Just like in the real world you don't want interests rates close to 0, but at the same time you don't "fix" it till after the recession is over.
  • ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I agree i stoped to sell my zen too.
    First becuse F2P players always nerf my build and there is no option to regain my investment (companions/artifacts).
    They think wee dont need advantage aka Legend arti or purple companions so i dont let them take advantage to respec or buy cheap ward. If any zen seller do the same they will respect us cuz we are the ones how actual let them to play the game truly free.
    So i just wait until coal ward prize is up to 1 -2 mill each or PWE increase the ad/zen to min 1/1000-2000

This is the big problem right here. People are ABLE to bypass the zax. Make the zen store bound, and since keys are now bound, unbind the trade bar coals.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Really, I am a free to play player and I have no problem with the system right now. Here is the thing, EVERYONE can buy ZEN for AD. If people are so impatient, that they prefer to pay 500k AD more for a companion in the AH instead of buying ZEN and getting them from the ZEN store, who is to blame? The one with ZEN who sells the companion with a profit or the buyer.

Yes, lets punish the ppl who invest real money or are able to think 5 days ahead, bc I want my goodie NOW...
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
    edited July 2014
    ashnvf wrote: »
    He is half right. Binding wards did contribute to an increase the prices, but it was mainly fixing the old refinement window that caused a cascading increase in the costs of all refining, close to doubling the costs of rank 5s and up.

While they needed to fix that, their timing was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> poor. Just like in the real world you don't want interests rates close to 0, but at the same time you don't "fix" it till after the recession is over.

Don't see how that affects weapon enchants. The old system is more costly if you use todays coal ward prices, but cheaper on the low end and about the same for perfects on the highest end. The only use of the old refining system would be on the normal kind of enchants. Likewise any change in coal wards wouldn't affect regular enchant prices.
  • invalidobjectinvalidobject Member Posts: 32
    edited July 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Don't see how that affects weapon enchants. The old system is more costly if you use todays coal ward prices, but cheaper on the low end and about the same for perfects on the highest end. The only use of the old refining system would be on the normal kind of enchants. Likewise any change in coal wards wouldn't affect regular enchant prices.

I cannot even begin to count the number of stacks of 99 Rank 5's I purchased at 120K-170k AD. Without that, refining points are way more expensive. The coal wards going from 200K to 400K+ caused prices of perfects to go up about 2-3mil AD. The shortage of Rank 5's is pushing it further. Also, Rank 5's were used to refine artifacts.

Right before Mod 3, Rank 5 AD per RP was around 1.5, with Rank 6 being around 3, Rank 7 at 9/RP.

So that extremely undervalued Rank 5 AD/RP was allowing everyone to build purple artifacts and greater/perfect enchants for much lower cost than they should have been able to.

It needed to be fixed, but it's a shame newer players are screwed by the fixes.
  • invalidobjectinvalidobject Member Posts: 32
    edited July 2014
    Actually, now that Rank 5 farming is so much more difficult, they should put Coal Wards back to the way they were at launch: freely tradeable, drop from invoking more often, etc.
    edited July 2014
    I cannot even begin to count the number of stacks of 99 Rank 5's I purchased at 120K-170k AD. Without that, refining points are way more expensive. The coal wards going from 200K to 400K+ caused prices of perfects to go up about 2-3mil AD. The shortage of Rank 5's is pushing it further. Also, Rank 5's were used to refine artifacts.

Right before Mod 3, Rank 5 AD per RP was around 1.5, with Rank 6 being around 3, Rank 7 at 9/RP.

So that extremely undervalued Rank 5 AD/RP was allowing everyone to build purple artifacts and greater/perfect enchants for much lower cost than they should have been able to.

It needed to be fixed, but it's a shame newer players are screwed by the fixes.

Rank 5s were great for matching enchantments and artifact. For weapon/armour enchants you were generally better of using peridots which usually cost less and had about the same as rp as rank 5s without the match bonus. Now everything is expensive so not sure what the effective thing to pick is.
  • saini50990saini50990 Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?716021-Perfect-enchantments-and-there-actual-prices
    for all of those who think current prices are not fair , check this 1 out.
    it gives approx prices of there price and what u r paying and how u can not pay those ridicolous prices
  • laks0nlaks0n Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    djarkaan wrote: »

it will never change to that much, because that would cause AD inflation and you would start seeing 10 million AD for a coal ward on AH. Same applies for every zen item that can be sold, the price would go up proportionaly. Whether it's 500 or 5000 the value will be the same. It's how economy works. The more things change the more they stay the same :)