test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion- loot window pop-ups

silverrainnesilverrainne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
So, we can't force other players not to loot stuff during combat. How annoying is it, when fighting something you need to be able to see the screen for, when someone grabs 3 green junk items to fill your field of vision, and you miss a critical dodge moment?

My suggestion is either a) allow us to move the loot roll pop-up to a different location using the HUD organizer tool, or b) loot windows don't pop up and timer to roll doesn't start until combat ends. (or both?)

I'd also love very much to have the option to auto-pass on certain things. Green gear, for example. Or, if you're a 60 helping some low levels out, auto-pass on all loot. It doesn't seem like it'd be that hard, other games have it.
Post edited by silverrainne on

Comments

• arcanaxearcanaxe Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My suggestion is either a) allow us to move the loot roll pop-up to a different location using the HUD organizer tool, or b) loot windows don't pop up and timer to roll doesn't start until combat ends. (or both?)

I agree 100% with you on this one we need to press hard on this that they do something about it.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yes, this is really annoying. I can't understand how such a serious issue wasn't fixed in an ACTION game during Alpha......
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    YES PLEASE! I've said this to my screen many times already: "hey, guys... I'd heal you and attack the mobs if I could see anything right now"

I love loot, even vendor trash, but please let the loot results window do the same thing the contest results window does: that is that it gets smaller and goes to the top of your screen when you're in combat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The loot pickup can't be moved (for some reason) but the loot results can. Moving that made KR more bearable since it dropped laods of enchants (that was appreciated). Now they lowered drop rates though. Another module with content I won't feel like playing. Not that I felt it was that worth it anyway.
  • linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So, we can't force other players not to loot stuff during combat. How annoying is it, when fighting something you need to be able to see the screen for, when someone grabs 3 green junk items to fill your field of vision, and you miss a critical dodge moment?

I'd also love very much to have the option to auto-pass on certain things. Green gear, for example. Or, if you're a 60 helping some low levels out, auto-pass on all loot. It doesn't seem like it'd be that hard, other games have it.

I second this a billion times.

I wonder how many times PCs have asked for this.
  • doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I hate to say this but i've actually asked people not to loot greens and not to loot during combat, as soon as someone does I let the timer run out on them and make everyone have to deal with the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on the screen. It sucks but after about 1 or 2 mob groups with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on the screen people get the hint and stop picking stuff up during combat at least.

There is a solution that works half way decent as long as you aren't too terribly interested in things yourself, if you have or get party lead you can set the loot to only prompt for a roll on say blue or purple ... I typically have mine on blue, you will lost out on enchantments but generally on group runs thats the last thing you are worried about is picking up an enchant.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Too bad they can't do the Loot popups in 6 point type. (Hint, Hint)

I hate to say this but i've actually asked people not to loot greens and not to loot during combat, as soon as someone does I let the timer run out on them and make everyone have to deal with the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on the screen. It sucks but after about 1 or 2 mob groups with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on the screen people get the hint and stop picking stuff up during combat at least.

There is a solution that works half way decent as long as you aren't too terribly interested in things yourself, if you have or get party lead you can set the loot to only prompt for a roll on say blue or purple ... I typically have mine on blue, you will lost out on enchantments but generally on group runs thats the last thing you are worried about is picking up an enchant.
  • silverrainnesilverrainne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I thought it left your screen as soon as you roll on it. However, that's not fast enough when you're forced to roll mid-action. Also, hitting shift + # usually makes me dodge, wasting stamina when I don't need to.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Telling people what to do (with their settings) doesn't usually
    work with skirmishes, because they run into the battle -- and you
    can't really stop to chat after that. Lots of people (in pugs)
    run dungeons the same way.

I'm not able to type and fight. Plus we have plenty of non-English
    readers/speakers.

I would rather my party not die while I talk about something as bizarre as pop-up windows.
    Also, it kills the suspension of disbelief / flow of the game.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • silverrainnesilverrainne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I agree. I wish I had more choice in what to do with my own settings, though lol.

Yeah, double checked, for the person who doesn't roll to "make everyone have to deal with the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on the screen" that doesn't hurt anyone but yourself. The moment you roll the pop up leaves your screen, regardless of anyone else rolling. The only thing it delays is rewarding the loot.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Give people the option to set a personal "auto-roll" for loot, so you don't even get the pop up if it's below a certain threshold. I'd love to set an auto-greed option for blues and below.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • harkurharkur Member Posts: 305 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Ridiculous to not be able to move this pop-up frame. Who thought dead-center on the screen...when you can get 6 or more in seconds covering the middle of the fight you're in?
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Picking up "junk loot" is how I can make over 200 gold slowly but surely.....

Just set your window timer to minimum for the loot win windows.

Don't forget you can set a party loot threshold before you enter a dungeon.... if anyone remembers to.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon