test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

It's sad :(

fgmfanhafgmfanha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2014 in The Library
I've been looking at the preview shard feedback on daily bases so i can know all the changes they are making to us CW's.. and, i don't know what you guys think or feel about this but it's sad to see so many people comming to that thread asking to nerf again the CW after the damage "buffs" we have been introduced! (buffs when compared with the first BIG nerf we were suposed to take)

Do You Guys think they are right, that, for example, Assailing Force is dealing too much damage? or is it just another CW hunt?
Post edited by fgmfanha on

Comments

• Options
    yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Whiners will always be there,i never ask for other classes to be nerfed and so i'm tired of crybabies. The moment we got some damage resistance through shield and some single damage buff through Assailing Force people started crying about how tanky and OP cws had become in pvp. Ofcourse it's ok to be perma stealth TR or a God of destruction GWF but when it comes to cws it cry cry cry for nerfs. People actually expect cws to just roll over and die and when they don't it's again cry cry cry.That's how i see it.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Whiners will always be there,i never ask for other classes to be nerfed and so i'm tired of crybabies. The moment we got some damage resistance through shield and some single damage buff through Assailing Force people started crying about how tanky and OP cws had become in pvp. Ofcourse it's ok to be perma stealth TR or a God of destruction GWF but when it comes to cws it cry cry cry for nerfs. People actually expect cws to just roll over and die and when they don't it's again cry cry cry.That's how i see it.

Guess I'm not the only one thinking that.. im releaved!
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    fgmfanha wrote: »
    I've been looking at the preview shard feedback on daily bases so i can know all the changes they are making to us CW's.. and, i don't know what you guys think or feel about this but it's sad to see so many people comming to that thread asking to nerf again the CW after the damage "buffs" we have been introduced! (buffs when compared with the first BIG nerf we were suposed to take)

Do You Guys think they are right, that, for example, Assailing Force is dealing too much damage? or is it just another CW hunt?

Assailing Force is dealing more damage than the developers intended. They will fix it. And, frankly, they should. It's doing more than 10% of total damage output on mobs and far, far more on single targets. Seriously, you can cast Conduit of Ice on another player then run away and by the time the spell wears off they'll be down 25,000 HP. Every 5 seconds a single enemy will take Assailant damage which can be over 10,000 hp. That's not overpowered against a mob, but against a single target it is ridiculous. Just because CW's have gotten the short end of the PvP stick up until now doesn't mean you should want to be laughably overpowered going forward. It would get old fast if 5-man CW PvP teams became the norm. Everyone should want balance so skill can shine through. Right now it takes no skill for a Thaumaturge CW to thump any other class in PvP with Assailing Force.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I don't have a CW but I don't want them to be nerfed because they might be best for pve but they are worst for pvp...

No class should ever be nerfed or only to fix something that is truly broken like gwf roar. Instead all the weaker classes should just be buffed up for balance.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    @Abaddon

Cw is not good for pvp I don't think i have ever lost to a cw and I don't think they have ever got my hp down by 50% and im a gf who is one of the weakest classes lol. It takes a very skilled player and a lot of good equip to be a pvp CW.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    @Abaddon

Cw is not good for pvp I don't think i have ever lost to a cw and I don't think they have ever got my hp down by 50% and im a gf who is one of the weakest classes lol. It takes a very skilled player and a lot of good equip to be a pvp CW.

@ kicked so many times i stopped participating and yet never,not once, did i cry for other people to be nerfed. If i felt wronged somehow i would roll a gwf or HR or whatever but since i enjoy my cw i stick with it no matter what.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
  • Options
    oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Idk, but I'm a protector GF 15K in Preview, as Tanky as I can be (52% DR from Def, Deflect 30%, 1.7K Regen and 21% Resistances from Tenacity) and yestarday in preview server 1 CW left me with 10% HP in just 4-5 seconds, he said he used something that gave him like +800% Weapon Damage, I'm not saying nerf, but in my opinion, it was too much.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    oicidraz wrote: »
    Idk, but I'm a protector GF 15K in Preview, as Tanky as I can be (52% DR from Def, Deflect 30%, 1.7K Regen and 21% Resistances from Tenacity) and yestarday in preview server 1 CW left me with 10% HP in just 4-5 seconds, he said he used something that gave him like +800% Weapon Damage, I'm not saying nerf, but in my opinion, it was too much.

Well gf are good but as you know we don't have great basic DR like gwf so yeah they cw hit hard, a few days ago i was hit with ice knife 37k without debuffs, the guy left me with 2k hp lol but i hit back and ended up beating him easy because i timed my prones and used shield well and there was nothing he could do.

Also for me being a full tank or full dps didn't work out well, full tank i still died easy and had bad dmg and full dps i died too easy so i decided just to get my char balanced and try to be good at both and i have never lost against a CW but i could if they was a top pvp cw of course :)
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    @Abaddon

I'm talking about Module 4 changes on the preview server. I know no CW can do this currently. But on preview they can. That's what the opening premise is discussing - whether the new Feat Assailing Force is too overpowered in PvP. My response is, yes, definitely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Ok.. i agree to fixing the damage on Assailing Force, but a fix is making it do the damage dev's intended and not just ner its damage!!! I allways was against bugged powers were they overperforming or underperforming! In other hand im agains the nerfing or buffing while powers arent all fixed! (not just on CW).
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Yeah the assailing force is way OP, It can hit about 10k each time...

Its a bit like the HR DOT damage atm.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    oicidraz wrote: »

Ower most powerfull weapon damage is under 1k, so it would do a max 8k damage, plus arcane mastery 15% damage boost it would give at max 9.2k damage right?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Yeah the assailing force is way OP, It can hit about 10k each time...

Its a bit like the HR DOT damage atm.

I think they intended to make it do at max around 10k damage! but what everyone forgets is that it chooses the minimum between 15% your Current Life and the 800% weapon damage!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I think they intended to make it do at max around 10k damage! but what everyone forgets is that it chooses the minimum between your Current Life and the 800% weapon damage!

I'm not sure but I have seen players with over 50k hp die in a few seconds with it, that seems a little too strong lol people are scared of wizards on the test shard atm :P
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    They might have to fix the power output damage that might be broken, perhaps bad coding or so... but in theory, it should be ticking with hits around 8-9k damage against those 50k hp players and with decreasing damage output overtime beeing damage done to targets with less health do less damage from that feat!

What i think some people are not understanding is that the feat, in theory, is good but far from OP as people are saying!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    They might have to fix the power output damage that might be broken, perhaps bad coding or so... but in theory, it should be ticking with hits around 8-9k damage against those 50k hp players and with decreasing damage output overtime beeing damage done to targets with less health do less damage from that feat!

What i think some people are not understanding is that the feat, in theory, is good but far from OP as people are saying!

Well you have to think that wizards are basically worst in pvp atm not including clerics as they are healers but all other classes has a very easy time beating a wizard with equal gear yet on the test shard no one in a 1v1 can beat a strong wizard because of this.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I think they intended to make it do at max around 10k damage! but what everyone forgets is that it chooses the minimum between 15% your Current Life and the 800% weapon damage!

It actually chooses the minimum between 15% of your MAXIMUM health and 800% weapon damage. Also bonuses from power, combat advantage, et al. are applied on top of that damage.

In PvE I'm getting parses of 23,000 damage hits from Assailing force. Way, way more the the 10k you're guessing. May the gods have mercy on the soul of any poor PvP enemy of mine if I proc Nightmare Wizardy (gives automatic combat advantage) and some High Vizier stacks on them before I trigger Assailant. They'll go from 50k HP to dead in 6 seconds - not an exaggeration.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I have always cried and will cry out of my hate for the permas, a big nonsense, not even existent in D&D, but here every god wannabes wet dream! They are a shame to this game, many permas simply stand out and brag about, how they can annoy people. Know some peeps, who only made a perma just to annoy fellow gamers! You got my sympathy!

By the way sorry, but i have to agree with my fellow GF above, i too find it a bit silly, when i as a GF die from just 1-2 CW shot, but this applies to all unbalanced issues! My other char is a DC and believe me, if you find nerf a big mistake, think of us DCs, we only suffer in PVP, can't really kill anyone, but every GWF is after me and what can i do, Sunburst him back, ha ha.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You guys are completely forgetting the fact that along with the assailing force update, they also reduced the damage of almost EVERY SINGLE TARGET ABILITY by almost 30% for each, give or take a little. That being said, all of the damage we lost from those nurfs get made up in assailing force. I did a full rotation with my encounters, and all of them were below 3k, on another cw. That is disgustingly low and without assailing force, i would have never been able to kill him because he could just regen his hitpoints more then me doing damage. I admit that assailing can be pretty overpowering in some circumstances but honestly what abilities aren't? Icey Terrain can deal like 50k damage if there are enough mobs standing on it, shard of endless avalanche can 1 hit 3 people in pvp at a time, ibs can crit up to 10k on very tanky people, shocking execution & whirlwind of blades BOTH completely ignore all damage reductions, and can crit for 14k+ on all enemies in the *very large* aoe. Assailing force is also not very good dps wise either, it's basically like the chill strike encounter with about 2-3 second less cooldown, which is not very noticable in pve. And as I stated earlier, the overall damage done by CWs have been reduced atleast 20% probably more because of all the heroic feat nurfs, the straight up ability nurfs, and the feat path nurfs. We NEED abilities like assailing force to be able to do any kind of damage whatsoever. that being said it also does need to get fixed because the damage is not being calculated correctly, but the damage being done is close to what it should be to make up for the severe handicaps being placed on CW feats & abilities.
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I haven't checked post-patch but according to ACT Assailing Force did 2% damage(...) which is a joke compared to pre-nerf 15% mitigation and a capstone feat. It needed a boost!

So no! I don't think Assailing Force is dealing too much damage just some pvp-only guys are more concerned than it needs to be.
    I even find it unsatisfying that an aoe class capstone feat has not an aoe effect but basically a single target.

They should give some aoe effect in the first place.

Than this whining wouldn't even exist.

After all I don't care about pvp and it would be sad that a tremendously overnerfed CW even further nerfed because its one single target skill is threatening the precious balance of pvp. It may be more than 3 cws on the first 5 pages of leaderboard! The horror...!!!

Btw I don't think in mod4 CW would magically step forward from its pvp role which is unfortunatelly very low and basically the prey...